The Black-Haired Guy

Before the Leaves Run Dry | 잎은 전에 건조된다
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo is lying at the sofa while listening to music. Speakers were attached at each part of the house so wherever you go, music will always be heard except the rooms of the house. His room has its own players and speakers.

Geobina~~ ganghaji mothanda neo eobshin muotdo haneun na, I mamsoge neo hanaman ango algo saraonda…

He was singing with the song playing around the house. It’s actually his favorite song, Na Yoon Kwon’s “Expectation”.

Taeyeon who is always out, arrived home. As she opened the door, he saw Kyungsoo lying at the sofa and headed to the kitchen to drink some water from the refrigerator.

“Kyungsoo-yah…” She called after drinking her glass of water. She put the glass at the lavatory and came towards Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo didn’t respond. “Kyungsoo-yahhhh!!!” She called again and this time, it’s louder.

“What now, Noona?” He asked with his frown brows. It seems like he’s not on his mood today. He feels bored, since its weekend. He stood up from the sofa and tried to storm out from the living room but Taeyeon cut him off. “I’m going back to US soon…” She said with her sad face because she’s going to leave her brother alone again in that house. Kyungsoo’s mood became worse after hearing that. His parents are always leaving them for business and they’re going to take Taeyeon away again from him. He feels mad. The only one who could understand him will leave again. “Then, go. ” He finally stormed out in front of Taeyeon and walked upstairs to his bedroom.

“Eomma and appa are preparing an arranged marriage meeting for me.” She added with her trembling voice because she feels like crying now. The reason why she called Kyungsoo a while ago is to talk about this with him. She needs an advice. When Kyungsoo heard that, he came back and faced his sister. When Taeyeon heard Kyungsoo walking back towards her, she cried even more. Now, Kyungsoo’s mood changed. His heart becomes softer whenever he hears his sister or any other girl crying.

“What? He asked. Taeyeon went to the sofa and took a seat and Kyungsoo followed her. “Eottokhe? They’re controlling me again. Isn’t it my choice to marry the one I love?” She’s sobbing with the back of her hands now. “Noona, why don’t you just back out and ignore them if you really don’t want to?” Kyungsoo asked in a very sad way. He’s worried about her sister. Taeyeon looked at him and took a deep breath. “Do you think it’s the right thing to do? To abandon their expectations from me?” She asked while wiping her tears with her hands. “I’ll talk to them…” Kyungsoo said right away. He hated how their parents plan on their lives in the way that they’re controlling everything. It’s just like they’re preventing what the future holds and they’re creating the stories they want to happen. For Kyungsoo, it’s too wrong. In a week, their parents are going home from their business trip to Japan.

--

Weekend. You were at your bed working on your thesis. You’re glad that you’re going to finish it soon earlier than the deadline. You’re just writing your conclusions and recommendation section and after that, you’re through. After an hour, you’ve finished it. You’ve successfully made it and all you need now is to prepare for your defense. You rested for a while to refresh your mind from the random things you were thinking about your thesis. Seohyun is taking a bath. You heard the doorbell rang. Seohyun heard it from the bathroom too. You got up and looked who’s outside. “Eomma!” You called. It’s Ms. Cho. She came to visit you since she knows that you’re at home this weekend. You opened the gate and she came in carrying a paper bag. “Are you alone today?” she asked. “Ani… Seohyun’s home too…” you answered. Seohyun is now changing her clothes at your room.

“Seohyun-ah! Eomma’s here…” you called to the bathroom thinking she’s still there. She came out from the bedroom. “Yah, I’m here.” She said.

You came back to the living room and talked with Ms. Cho. You saw a paper bag beside her. “Eomma, what is inside that paper bag?” you asked. “Oh, I almost forgot.” She said while taking out a blue cross-stitched scarf from the plastic bag. “I made this. Since it’s getting colder now, I think it’s good to give you this.” She said and wrapped the scarf around your neck. “Yeppuda… Eomma, gomawoyo…” you smiled and hugged her.

“Here’s some drinks…” Seohyun said while carrying a tray of juice glasses and put it on the table. “Omoo..  Did you gain weight?” Ms. Cho asked. You looked at Seohyun and laughed. “Eh? Jinjja? I did?” Seohyun asked in surprised with what she heard. She took a seat at the other chair beside the sofa where you and Ms. Cho is seating. “Ms. Cho, how are you?” Seohyun asked… “Eyy… Don’t call me ‘Ms.’, just call me your ‘eomma’ too, okay?” Ms. Cho complained. “Alright, eomma…” Seohyun smiled… “Yah, yah… You have two moms now!” you cried. Ms. Cho was laughing at you two exchanging your silly and childish arguments.

You talked and talked until time passed by. You asked Ms. Cho to sleep there because it’s already dark outside and you’re worried about her.

--

Today is the deadline and your defense as well. It’s an on the spot presentation.

“An excellent presentation, Ms. Jung…” the professor praised you and your classmates gave you a round of applause. You came back to your seat. After 9 students, Chanyeol presented his too. His defense went well too and you’re happy for him…

“Hoo… Thesis is done and defense is over.” You sighed and puffed your cheeks. You and Chanyeol are heading to the theater hall to meet up with the theater arts club members. “By the way, when are you going to start tutoring?” He asked. “I don’t know, she said she’ll give me a notice. Well, I’m not receiving anything. Aisshh, I think I need to find another job now…” You sighed.

--

“Since we’re planning to do a ‘Romeo & Juliet’ play, I’ll assign Eunji as our Juliet.” Chanyeol jokingly concluded. You were shocked. Everyone looked at Chanyeol. Actually, there’s a process in selecting the characters. The members are going to audition for the role they wanted and if their acting fits the character, then it’s their luck. The theater arts director and other authorities will be judging this said ‘audition’. “Well, I’m just kidding. You know it’s a joke, right?” He laughed and the members are still thinking there’s something wrong with him. “And you’re going to be ‘Romeo’ oppa? I want to be your Juliet!” one of the members cried and stood up from her seat, it’s Krystal. She has a crush on Chanyeol since she joined the club… She’s a junior student and also good at acting.

“What’s going on?” a voice asked and footsteps were heard coming to them. “Omoo, Kim-sonsaengnim!” you stood and bowed. The members did the same too and went back to their seats. He’s Kim Ryeowook, the theater arts director, one of the youngest professors in the university, an alumni and he also became the president of the club when he’s still studying. “Well, I came here to announce that we’re going to set the audition date on Monday.  This time, not only the members could audition.  Anyone who has the skills can be casted. , Jung Eun Ji, you’re going to play as Juliet.” Mr. Kim said with his crossed arms walking back and forth in front of everyone. He saw your performance last year and you were really good. Your eyes widened. “Me?” you asked pointing yourself. “Kim-sonsaengnim, you’re being unfair!” Krystal cried and everyone l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter