The First Snow

Before the Leaves Run Dry | 잎은 전에 건조된다
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a week when both of you and Chanyeol acted cold and awkward towards each other due to his confession. Luna who is secretly has feelings for Chanyeol started to suspect that something is wrong between the two of you. Since Seohyun knows about it, she always does the excuses for Luna like the two of you fought because Chanyeol broke one of your treasured stuffs and etc. You really hate it when someone doesn’t talk to you all of a sudden so you think you better approach Chanyeol again and act the way you both usually do.

Since you always go to school early, you finally went to your room after walking with Kyungsoo to his room. For the first time, you saw Chanyeol alone inside the room. You approached him. “Until when are we going to be like this, huh?” You sat beside him. He’s staring blankly at the pen he was tapping on his desk.  “I regret what I did.” he said. He can’t look at you and his voice is consistent at its lowest and vibrating tone. You grabbed the pen making him look at you. “Look at those eyes, I missed looking at them.” You made his smile appear on his face again. The awkward situation disappeared and talked confidently towards each other again. He missed talking to you. He missed looking at you that he was just able to glance at you since the cold atmosphere between the two of you began to occur.  “If we’re really okay now, then, can we eat again together with our friends?” You asked and he grinned.

--

Kyungsoo has always been going out with the boys lately. You’re glad that he doesn’t give you a lot of work to do. You just walk with him to school carrying his books and then sometimes cook for his breakfast when you go to his house early. You went straight to his house to check if he’s already home. The lights are all turned off. When you’re about to approach the light switch, you heard footsteps coming from the stairs. You were scared so you turned around. You fell onto the floor when you were startled seeing a lady in white with a light on her face. You squirmed backward to turn the lights on. You finally heaved a big big sigh when you saw it was Taeyeon. She was wearing her white pajamas. “You scared me…” You said.

“So you believe in ghosts?” She asked. “I haven’t witnessed anything yet but I watch horror films that even in real life, I feel like they’re real now.” You explained. The main door opened again and both of you neared each other. “What’s wrong with you two?” Kyungsoo asked when he saw you and Taeyeon sitting so close together. “Ahh, Kyungsoo-yah… I gave Mr. Park a 1 week vacation after this week. He has been working for so long and I think he has to bond with his family too.” Taeyeon said.

“You did what?” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. Taeyeon shrugged and chuckled. “Your sister is right, Mr. Park needs to rest too. Chanyeol and his family need his time too.” You said only making him ignore you.

“Don’t mind him. Would you believe me if I say I’ve already seen a ghost?” Taeyeon asked when Kyungsoo is already at the stairs. Kyungsoo heard the ‘ghost’ and hissed and shook his head. “Really? What happened?” You’re curious of how a ghost will appear. She narrated you the story. “It was 5 years ago at the hospital. Kyungsoo and I are inside the same hospital room but there’s a curtain between our beds. It was in the middle of the night and my parents went home. No one was staying with us that night so there will be no one to enter the room. I heard the door opened and a girl was crying and the sound keeps getting louder. I stood up and secretly watch from the small opening of the curtain. I saw the ghost, her face was covered by her hair and she even lied down beside my brother and was hugging him. The ghost must be secretly in love with my brother. I really felt scared that time so I came back to my bed and just closed my eyes to sleep and forget the ghost I saw. You are the first one to know about this because Kyungsoo won’t just believe me.” She looks really serious upon telling her ghost story.

--

You lie down on your bed. “I’m glad that you made Chanyeol go with us again. Chanyeol must really like you a lot that he can’t even say no to you.” Seohyun said. “Yah, don’t think of that way…” You stood up from the bed went to the fridge to drink water. “Jung Eun Ji!!!.....Jung Eun Ji! ……Eunji-ahhh!” a voice called you from the outside. Seohyun heard that first so she went outside and look for who was calling you. She gasped in awe as soon as she opened the door and called you. You ran to her finding the very tall Chanyeol who is even taller than the gate, waving his hand.

As soon as he saw your surprised face, he tapped his guitar 4 times to start. He played a song he composed inspired from liking you since the very start; singing by his heart although he’s not of a good singer.

Nal annaehaejwo keudaega salgo itneun gosen nado hamkke deryeoga. Jwoooo.

Sesange keutchirado ttwitaragal teni.

Budi nae siyaeseo boseotnnaji marajwo

Achimi wado sarajiji marajwo, ohhhh~~~

Kkumul keuneun georeum keudae namanui areumdaun nabi.

Seohyun felt giddier than you who are the one being serenaded by Chanyeol. You’re just making a calm reaction but deep inside, you’re really grateful for a guy like Chanyeol do this kind of effort. Plus, the message of the song makes it even more sincere. It’s your first time to witness Chanyeol being like this and for you experiencing this. As he finished his song, he heaved a big sigh not letting you notice that even before he reached the front of your house, he was already trembling and is unsure if he’s going to serenade you or not. Seohyun gave Chanyeol applause and followed you as you approach Chanyeol.

“Jung Eunji, I already told you about my feelings but not in a confident way. This is my way of saying how I like you in a confident way, how confident I am now of my feelings. Right before we became friends, I started liking you and I apologize for using our friendship to get in touched with you. Now that I’ve surpassed not confessing for years, I decided to let you know about this. I’ll always be beside you, Jung Eun Ji, my beautiful butterfly. How was it? I personally composed the song for you. I hope that won’t make you feel irritated. Would you go out with me?” Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck after his speech.

You could remember that time when he sent you a message saying the same question “Would you go out with me?”. You misunderstood it as if he was asking you for a walk or talk outside. Something pricked your heart upon realizing that foolishness.

“Chanyeol, you’re really romantic. Awww how I wish I have suitor like youuuu~” Seohyun said making Chanyeol smile even more. “I don’t like this style of yours, Chanyeol…” You said making his heart throb. “Yah! Eunji-ah! This is not a joke time! Chanyeol was really into it. I saw how surprised and how happy you were when you heard him sang and played the guitar.”  She insisted. Chanyeol is now beginning to lose his confidence and his mind is asking him to back off and give up but because of your next statement, it made him felt like he’s the happiest guy on earth.

“I really really appreciate your efforts, Chanyeol. I’m thankful that you like me not just because we’re friends. You know, we’ve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter