An Innocent Fault

Before the Leaves Run Dry | 잎은 전에 건조된다
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“It’s my brother’s birthday the next 2 days!” You could remember what Taeyeon said. Today’s the 12th, she woke up remembering that first; that it’s Kyungsoo’s birthday. Seohyun noticed you woke up from your bed, “Oh, Eunji-ah, mind going with me today to the hospital?”

“You’re sick?” You asked after taking a longgggg~ hiccup. You fixed your bed and walk through the kitchen,

“I’m not, but Luhan is!” she cried. Luhan was sent to hospital because of an injury from their last soccer game.

Seohyun rushed so much that she has to drag you along the information counter and ask for Luhan’s room.

Both of you walked hurriedly along the hallway, and all she has in mind was Luhan who was injured. While inside your mind was the combination of worries for Chanyeol and Kyungsoo’s birthday, along the way, at the aligned chairs, Seohyun suddenly stopped and both of you were surprised to see Chanyeol and her sister there. Chanyeol was pacing back and forth, thinking and looked worried.  Chanyeol stopped as he find the two of you there. Yoora was there sitting. You first approached Chanyeol, “Chanyeol, what happened?”

You’re worried. Chanyeol looks pale and haven’t eaten for few days. He didn’t talk and as you reach for his arms, he shoved you and stormed out in front of you. Was he mad? Yoora stood up and held onto your shoulder, “Chanyeol has been staying all night here. I think, he’s just tired. Appa got hit by a car, and he’s under operation. Give him time; he’ll soon talk to you. Arasseo?” She said as she patted your shoulder and then left you to follow Chanyeol. You nodded, while Seohyun was standing there, and it also worried her that she almost forgot about her purpose of going there.

“Good thing I brought you with me, now you knew what happened. Should I go alone to Luhan oppa? I guess you have to talk to Chanyeol.” She said. You shook your head and remembered what Yoora said that you have to give Chanyeol time. “Ani, I’m going with you.” You said and started to move ahead although you don’t know where the room is.

“Jinjja? But you’re in the wrong way.” Seohyun said as she pointed the opposite of the direction you were taking. She realized you weren’t fine that you didn’t even know where you were going. “Eunji-ah. Kwaenchanha?” You nodded.

You both reached Luhan’s room number and Seohyun can’t explain how happy she is to get there. As she stepped near the door, it opened and a man in white came out. He is tall, tiny-eyed man which beyond those lenses is filled passion for his job. The doctor seemed familiar to you, but you can’t recall where you have seen him before.

“Doctor, is this Lu Han’s room? The one injured?” Seohyun asked. Seohyun can’t deny how handsome the doctor was but she promised to herself she will only like Luhan.

The doctor nodded with a smile. A charismatic smile formed on his face and as he fixed his collar and hid a hand on his pocket, Seohyun managed to just focus on a question about Luhan. “How was he?”

The doctor gave him a questionable look, raising a brow, as if he doesn’t trust this lady in front of him. “Are you Luhan’s relative?”

You chuckled at Seohyun’s back, realizing that she’s just Luhan’s fan and nothing more. You think she was being overfanatic that she has to rush to the hospital just for him. Seohyun can’t help but shook a head, “Actually, I’m a fan.”

“I’m sorry, but any details regarding the patient can only be shared within the family and close acquaintances, not to strangers.” He said and left Seohyun agaped,.

As he vanished from your sight, he shook his head and chuckled.

“Eottokhe? I can’t see him?Aishh, that doctor! He just has the looks but he can’t understand others’ feelings.” She cried as she plopped down the seat near the room door.

“You’ll see him once he recovered.” You said and sat next to her while giving her a soft caress on the shoulder. “But you know, that doctor looks familiar. I think I’ve seen him before. I mean, maybe, WE’VE seen him before.” You added.

Seohyun just gave you a confused look, because she thinks it’s really her first time seeing that doctor. “I’ve never seen him before, maybe you saw him while in a date with Chanyeol or while out with either Taeyeon or Kyungsoo.”

“Hmm, You think so?”

--

You rested for a while after going from the hospital, you didn’t change clothes and while lying, you were waiting for Chanyeol’s message or call but nothing came. You finally think, maybe you have to talk to him as early as now. You abandoned Yoora’s advice to give him some time. Since he got out of the hospital, you thought he’s at home so you hurriedly went there.

His thoughts of you and his dad were like in battlefield in his mind. Part of him blames your disappearance for the accident, and half was that he wants to talk to you and have you with him as a shoulder to cry on. But the madness seems to overlap his feelings for you. He loves his dad so much that he even thinks you’re the reason why it happened. He saw you walking through their house while he was at his room, thinking behind the window pane.

You called his phone, while he answered from the window, still watching you.

“Where are you?Can we talk?” you asked while trying to cope with the cold weather, wrapping yourself alone with a cuddle. “At home.” He answered. You felt relieved that you came by the right place and that he talked to you. “I’m in front of your house. Can you go out for a while?” You said while looking up at the window where his room is. Chanyeol quickly hid behind the curtain as you look up there. He sighed when you didn’t see him.

He ended the call before he left the room. You saw him come out of the door and as he opened the gate, you wanted to hug him but something stopped you. You can’t because he might shove you again. “Your sister told me what happened.  You should’ve told me.” You whined, only making him close his eyes and brush his hair. “I should’ve told you? Where we you when that happened? I can’t even call you, you were out of reach! If only we thought you were having fun with Do Kyung Soo, we shouldn’t have gone out looking for you. It shouldn’t have happened to my dad.” He cried, he didn’t even realize he was already yelling at you. You feel so bad. “Were you saying… it was because of me?” You asked, trying to avoid a shaking voice but it still sounded like one. You want to cry but you don’t want him to see that.

He turned around and took a deep breath for a while, he wanted to cry too but he won’t show you his weakness. He’s a man afterall. You remained there, embracing yourself from the cold, you were shaking but it hurts that he was blami

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter