Baekhyun's Hunch

Before the Leaves Run Dry | 잎은 전에 건조된다
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the meeting, Baekhyun went to the music room where his friends are staying. Kyungsoo is there too. “You wouldn’t believe what news I got today.” Baekhyun said as he rushed in front of the boys. “What kind of joke is this again?” Kris asked. “Well, it’s not a joke. It’s real. I heard it from Seohyun.” Baekhyun said, grinning. “What does Seohyun has to do with this?” Luhan asked.

“Well, it’s about Jung Eun Ji. Jung Eun Ji is dating her friend, Park Chan Yeol…”  He finally stated. The boys were all surprised. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and ignored them. “I told you, I’m not joking. Go see it for yourself. They became closer these days. I didn’t also notice it because I thought they were just really friends. So, that is why Chanyeol is always with Eunji and they’re always laughing together during the rehearsals.” Baekhyun said.

--

“I’m clueless of what I should wear on the ball…” Seohyun said. You didn’t hear her. You’re reading Chanyeol’s sweet messages for the 14th time now and you keep on smiling. Everyday when you wake up, he can’t miss any single sweet message to you. It’s just like an everyday reminder of how sincere he is to you. Seohyun threw Jinki’s big bear at you. “Yahhh!” You whined. “You kept on staring at your phone. I was talking.” She said and opened her closet and grabbed all her dresses. “What are you doing?” You raised a brow.

“I’m looking for something to wear on the ball.”

“The play hasn’t even started.” You crossed your arms. “Eunji-ah, let’s buy our dress.” She put the dresses back to her closet and found you smiling at your phone again.

--

Chanyeol ran to you grinning making you smile and feel butterflies. He asked you to eat lunch with him at a new restaurant near your campus.

“How is it?” He pointed his chopstick to your food. “I feel like I want to eat more…” You joked and sipped your iced tea. “Do you know who cooked these?” He asked.

“Why? Is it you?” You guessed making him chuckle. “Nope. It’s mom…” So, Chanyeol’s mom owns this new buit restaurant. He hasn’t told anyone about this yet. “Really? She's the chef here?” You asked in awe and wiped your mouth after taking another sip on your drink. “The chef and the owner.” He cleared you. It made you feel more amazed when you heard that.

Mrs. Park walked to your table with a grin. “Eunji-ah, do you want some desserts? You can go with me there and choose.” She asked. You looked at Chanyeol and he smiled at you. You followed Mrs. Park at the desserts counter.

--

Luna’s phone rang. It’s from an unknown number.

“Who called?” Seohyun asked. “No one's talking.” She said and continued making her plate on one of her architecture subjects. Seohyun stood up and stared at a painting attached on the wall. “You really bought this for him, huh?”

Luna looked on the painting and sighed. “Are you really fine with everything?” Seohyun went back near Luna. “There’s nothing I can do, so I’m trying.” Seohyun patted her shoulder. “You better not tell Eunji about this, okay?” She faced Seohyun. “As usual, the secret keeper’s job.” She flopped on Luna’s bed and opened the book she was reading earlier.

--

“So, he’s dating Mr. Park’s son…” Taeyeon muttered. She’s always wanted you to date her brother, Kyungsoo but it seems that there’s no chance anymore. Taeyeon stomped through the kitchen. “Noona, can you please walk silently, it’s disgusting.” Kyungsoo said while lying on the sofa. The boys went out for their winter trip. Only Kyungsoo and Baekhyun didn’t go with them. Baekhyun is excused because he’s into rehearsals. Only Kyungsoo doesn’t have a good reason for not coming.

“Yah, can you call her here.” Taeyeon shouted from the Kitchen. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and walked upstairs stomping his feet.

Fine. So what if she’s dating now? I don’t care about that. We’re done few years ago. Kyungsoo thought as he flopped down to his bed.

He took out his phone from his pants’ pocket and texted you to come there.

 

He opened the door and found you together with Chanyeol. He was glaring at you. “Noona, she’s here.” He called and went back upstairs. Taeyeon’s grin disappeared when she saw Chanyeol beside you. Because she can’t do anything, she welcomed you both inside. “Who’s this guy?” she asked pointing to Chanyeol. “You don’t remember him?” You asked. You know that they met before when Chanyeol told you that he met her 14 years ago. Taeyeon raised a brow because she doesn’t know what they are talking about. “Have we met before?” Taeyeon faced Chanyeol. “Actually, Mr. Park took him before and he met the two of you before. It was 14 years ago so you might not remember him now.” You explained. Chanyeol nodded with your statement. “Well, sorry to say this but I can only remember things starting from when I saw a ghost, the one that I told you Eunji.” She said. “You had amnesia?” You asked. She nodded.

“So, you guys are…” Taeyeon hasn’t finished her words. Chanyeol cleared his throat.

 “Hmm, Taeyeon, why did you actually want me to go here?” You asked her cutting off her question.

She looked at Chanyeol and cleared . “I just missed you…” She replied. “Ahmm, Taeyeon noona, Thank you for giving my dad a 1 month vacation. We barely go out together so it’s a very big thanks to you.” Chanyeol said.

Taeyeon smiled.

--

Today’s the day. Everyone’s so nervous yet so glad that their rehearsals are finished and they’re showing off everything they have rehearsed.

The whole cast formed into a circle and prayed for the play’s success and for everybody to act well. “Goodluck to all of us!” Chanyeol screamed and everyone followed “Fighting!”

The stage play went well and there’s one scene that made the audience go insane, something that is much unexpected for a school stage play.  It became a talk all over the campus. But this made the whole play more interesting for the audience as they expected better and realistic scenes next to it.

“About that… I-i-I’m really sorry. I was taken away. I----” Chanyeol apologized for doing the real kiss on that kissing scene. You can’t look at him. “It happened.”

Mr. Ryeowook saw you together. “That was really surprising! I never thought that you guys are dating. That made a great impact on the audience, but you don’t really have to do that!” He said.

“Kim-sonsaengnim, actually, the truth is---” He was about to talk but you nudged him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter