Let The Game Begin

Before the Leaves Run Dry | 잎은 전에 건조된다
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You’re walking by the corridor passing the blocks of lockers on both sides of the wall. You’re third class for today was dismissed and you’re on your way to your locker. You and Seohyun went to school together earlier and parted your ways because you two attend different colleges. Before reaching your locker, you bumped into Mr. Kang, your English professor back in your 3rd year. The book he was carrying fell so you kneeled down and picked up the book.

You apologized to him and bowed your head. Mr. Kang nodded and smiled. He recognized it was you.

“Oh, Ms. Jung… It’s you! By the way, I have something to tell you. Would you mind going to the faculty later after your class?” he said and walked away

You agreed and walked to your locker.

-----

Kyungsoo is at the canteen. He’s just sitting there not knowing what to do. He’s kind of suffering from hangover because of being too much drunk last night. He noticed a figure coming from a distance until it went closer.

“Hyung..!” Kai called while walking to Kyungsoo..

“Ohh, Kai… it’s you.. Anything wrong?” Kyungsoo asked when Kai reached him.

“I just want to know if you’re okay now due to last night…” Kai said with concern to his hyung… Kyungsoo and Kai are like brothers ever since. Kyungsoo treats Kai closer to the way how close she is to his Taeyeon noona.

Kyungsoo smiled and explained he was just suffering from a hangover. He was kind of feeling warm and weak but he can still control himself.

“Then, you should have not gone to school. You should’ve stayed at home and rest hyung..” Kai murmured with worries.

Kyungsoo was somehow touched about Kai’s concern to him. He suddenly remembered his Suho hyung so he asked him to Kai. Kai told him that he saw Suho earlier with Baekhyun going to their room.

Kyungsoo sighed and remembered that he was so drunk last night and he thinks he gave the boys another trouble that’s why he wants to apologize. Kai explained that’s everything’s fine and it’s okay for the boys.

 

 

You, on the other hand is on your way to Mr. Kang’s department to meet him up because he told you earlier.

You opened the faculty room’s door and it revealed you an empty room except Mr. Kang who is doing some paper works. You approached him silently and called him..

“Kang sonsaengnim…” You called when you’re already in front of his table busy doing his paper works.

“Hmmm?”

He only hummed and continued working on his desk not until when you heard the door opened 50 year old woman in a grey suit entered the room. She is one of the highest known professors in the Foreign Languages Department because of her 20 years of teaching in your university. She’s Mrs. Go. She walked in to where you are standing and called the very busy Mr. Kang and with that, Mr. Kang already noticed you.

You bowed when you saw her and she smiled.

Mr. Kang somehow felt embarrassed. “By the way Ms. Jung, what’s the reason of co---… Oh yeah, well… This morning, I told you… hahahahah I’m sorry, I’m getting older…” He scolded himself due to not noticing your presence a while ago.You shook your head and said that’s it’s fine.

 “Someone was requesting for an English tutorial and I recommended you.” He said bluntly and you were surprised because you just lost your previous tutorial. You were overwhelmed that’s why you keep on bowing in and thanking in front of Mr. Kang. He his hands to the inside pocket of his tuxedo and handed you a card. The contact number of your new student was printed on the card. Yes, just the contact number. You bowed again as he handed you the card and thanked him again. After that, you went out of the faculty room and walked straight home.

 

 

You are lying on your bed and remembered that Mr. Kang gave you a card. You swiped your phone screen and typed the contact number printed on the card and you saved it in your contacts.

Omooo, Mr. Kang didn’t said whether my new student is a boy or girl. He didn’t even tell me the name. Hoooo, I wonder who my new student is. You suddenly thought but then you forgot it because you’ll know it soon.

You sent a message to that number saying:

            Good evening. I was the one whom Mr. Kang recommended you for the tutorial. Just tell me when you want to start and where we’ll be meeting. Thank you. God bless. [5:24 pm]

--

Kyungsoo is playing his guitar inside his room. His phone vibrated indicating that there’s a new message.

An unknown number flashed on his screen. He checked whom the message came from and smiled. He replied to the message and continued playing his guitar.

--

Your phone vibrated and received a new message, the number you texted replied:

            I’ll call you when and where soon, but not now.  [5:25]

Did I tell “NOW”? Aiiissshh, jinjja… Who really are you? Again, you thought.  You didn’t get the chance to reply back to the message because you quickly fell asleep when you sent the message.

Seohyun just arrived home and saw you already sleeping so she didn’t even bothered waking you up even if she has a box  of chocolate that she wanted to give you because she knows it’s your favorite.

---

Kyungsoo didn’t hear the main door opened because he’s too busy playing his guitar…

He heard his door opened and turned but he didn’t saw anyone, so he turned back to his guitar. Now, he’s thinking who it was when he and his driver Mr. Park are only there. So, he called Mr. Park and asked if something’s wrong.

“Bogoshipda..” A feminine voice answered. Kyungsoo’s eyes became bigger when he heard the voice. He turned around and still saw nothing. When he turned back again to his guitar, he saw his Taeyeon noona in front of him already. Woah, that was quick, huh?

Kyungsoo knew it was Taeyeon when he heard the voice.. “Noona!!!” He cried...

“Yah yah yah,, that was loud, I can hear you!!” She shouted back but then her happiness was increased as soon as he heard Kyungsoo call him ‘Noona’. She’s been longing for that.

“Noona, when did you arrive? You should have told me so I could tell Mr. Park to fetch you from the airport.” Kyungsoo said while putting back his guitar to its bag.

“If I told you, then it wouldn’t be a surprise anymore…” She said and sat down along with Kyungsoo on the bed. She checked her phone and opened an unread message. It was from Kyungsoo. He read it loud for Kyungsoo to hear it teasing him.. “Come home, Noona… I’m alone…” Yes, Kyungsoo hates when Taeyeon teases her this way so he pulled another topic and asked her again when did she arrived. She said that she arrived last week. Kyungsoo is thinking what guts is going on to Taeyeon that she just showed up after a week.

“So, that’s why you texted me ‘Bogoshipda’ for hint, huh?” he evaluated and laughed at Taeyeon whose smile suddenly disappeared and turned into a serious one. “I meant that… I really missed my brother.” She bluntly confessed. “I’ve even prepared a surprise for you…” She added. Kyungsoo was curious and asked what the surprise is all about but Taeyeon said nothing instead, she cut it off and told Kyungsoo to get changed because she’s going to treat her outside for a dinner.

--

Kyungsoo and Taeyeon are now eating at a noodle house that Taeyeon chose. It’s a simple noodle house after all. They’ve been eating there since they were young each time they go there each vacation because they were studying in the province before. Still, Kyungsoo never gave up knowing about the surprise so he asked and asked Taeyeon. In that way, his stubbornness takes place.

 “Why are you that so excited? Haha, just wait…” Taeyeon more.

“I’m just curious about your games…” Kyungsoo said pointing his chopsticks to Taeyeon’s face.

“Games?” Taeyeon said and smirked..

Kyungsoo stopped bothering Taeyeon about that and contin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter