Eight - I Need to Forget

Return

OMG OMG!!! Thank you for the upvote puking! Can I just give u a hug?? I seriously had not expected anything for this fic.

THANK YOU!!! <3

It was a love story that ended even before it began…

He thought the ring and his promise were clear confessions. And he thought the promise of a return ring was an affirmative answer... But they weren’t.

The promised ring never came.

She drifted from him.

A void took over what he originally thought was his happiness…

4 August 2013 (last day of the Finale Concert in Seoul)

Dongwan buried himself deeper into the embrace of the couch, appreciating the soft fluffy comfort when Minwoo came in and threw his costume at him. Dongwan quickly let go of the cushion he was hugging, raised his hands and caught the shirt before it hit him in his face.

“Dongwan-ah, get change!” Minwoo said, not stopping his track as he advanced to check on other members.

Dongwan got off the couch, puffed his cheeks up (not realising it was marvellously cute) as he twisted his body left and right to crack his back. He saw Eric and Sylvia entering the room, carrying bags containing their lunch.

“Hi Eric, hi Sylvia.” He greeted causally and followed them to the table.

“What’s for lunch?” Hyesung asked putting aside his mobile phone and leaping up from his chair. He took three lunch boxes and passed one over to Junjin and another one to Dongwan.

Dongwan thanked Hyesung and lifted the lid of his lunch box. A smile crept onto his face. It was all Andy’s favourite again. Do they really have to be this sweet always? He raised his head observing Andy. The younger man was in deep thoughts yet again. Dongwan replaced his smile with a frown. The maknae had not been himself lately.

Their 2013 tour finally came to a conclusion with the successful end of the concert. Just before everyone was about to leave the concert venue, Minwoo sounded everyone’s concern.

“Andy-ah, why are you so out of the world recently?” Minwoo placed his palm on Andy’s back.

“Eh?” Andy snapped out of his thoughts. “I…the concert was taking a toll on me. I’ll be alright after I get some rest.”

Junjin noticed Andy’s tiny pause in his sentence and caught Andy’s disconsolate countenance before the younger man replaced it with a mask. He recollected the chat he had with the younger man in Beijing and scowled as his eyes shifted to study Sylvia.

“Have a well-deserved rest Andy! And you can always ask your doctor girlfriend to give you a back massage.” Dongwan teased, expecting that to lighten the mood and cheer Andy up a bit.

Andy’s reply was the last thing everyone had expected. “Hyung, stop making such inappropriate jokes. Sylvia noona was Eric’s girlfriend.”

Abrupt silence. Junjin’s scowl deepened; Minwoo gaped; Hyesung’s heart clenched and Dongwan was too taken aback to say anything.

Dongwan slowly shifted his eyes away from the maknae and across the faces of s. After realising he was not the only one that was incapacitated, his gaze finally landed on the leader, demanding enlightenment.

“Andy…” Eric spoke, but he was silence by the maknae.

“Why are you all so shocked? They were the celebrity couple back in school. Hyesung hyung should know.” Andy looked at s with a quizzical expression. He turned to Eric with a smile “Hyung, are you two planning to get back together soon?” It was a weak façade to mask the pain.

“But…but I thought…”Minwoo started, alternating his gaze from the three people in question. Then he shook his head. “Nevermind.” He shot Hyesung an inquisitive look.

A wave of dizziness and anxiety started growing within Hyesung. He thought Sylvia’s and Andy’s relationship had been progressing fine; what did he miss out? What did he not notice? Since when did Eric come into the picture again? Eric had not shown him any hint that he wanted to get back together with Sylvia. Hyesung knew his brothers were all looking at him, unending questions in their gazes. And one of the questions he knew all of them had - why he hadn’t told. Why hadn’t he said anything to warn them when they kept teasing Andy and Sylvia? He glanced at his neighbour and his gazed lowered to the pair of hands underneath the table. Eric was holding onto Sylvia’s palm tightly, as if her hand was his only salvation.

***

The night was silent except for the rhythmic sound of the waves meeting the shore. Andy sat by the bench facing the sea as the breeze tickled his face.

He had finally said it. He had finally accepted that his actions were awry and gave up on any unfitting thought about being with Sylvia. He had finally accepted that Sylvia was meant to be with Eric and not him.

But he did not feel at peace. His heart kept protesting. It was screaming loudly to him, about his decision and constantly making him in agony.

His phone rang for the countless times. He rejected it again. Three of his oldest hyungs had known to stop after he rejected their calls a few times, but not Junjin and Hyesung. The two of them had been dialling his number every 5 minutes since 2 hours ago. Andy let out a dejected sigh and typed a text message to them.

Fate was cruel, but he would endure it for Eric’s and Sylvia’s sake.

***

Hyesung tossed and his bed as sleep eluded him. He reached for his phone and dialled Andy’s number again. The maknae rejected his called. Hyesung heaved a desperate sigh. He felt responsible for what had happened. He was the only one that knew what happened in the past, but he still let everything blow up. His phone beeped. It was a text message from Andy.

“Hyung, I am really okay. Don’t worry about me.”

At last, Hyesung could not take it. He grabbed his jacket and exited his apartment. Hyesung went to the familiar unit in the opposite building and continuously hit on the doorbell until Eric opened the door. Eric was unexpectedly awake.

“Eric, we need to talked.” Hyesung pushed the open door wider and froze in place. Sylvia was in Eric’s living room, sitting on the couch.

Andy's favourite food but always together with Eric; who exactly was the one Sylvia liked? If Eric and Sylvia were really more than friends, why haven't any of the members noticed about Eric's feeling? Were things really like what they seemed??

Anyway, my poor baby!