Sixteen - One last Cry

Return

I got no idea why my comment is disabled >.< How do I enable it again?? DONE!

“To protect Andy…” Eric answered. He saw the expressions on s’ faces changed; some from disapproval of his earlier proposal to confusion, some from not understanding to deep in thoughts.

“What do you mean?” Dongwan finally asked after a stretch of silent spell.

“You have seen the reaction for MAMA. We decided not to attend. We did not win anything and somehow the blame went to Andy. If we cancel the concert, the fans and media will be blaming Andy for it again.” Eric explained.

Realisation slowly crept into every one of the Shinhwa members. Dongwan and Junjin gaped in horror at the thought that they almost harmed Andy. Minwoo and Hyesung just looked at Eric, thankful for his meticulousness.

“I know the fans’ intuitive reaction will be like yours…” Eric heaved a sigh. “A concert with five members is really difficult to accept and seems to go against everything that is Shinhwa.” He turned his face slowly, looking at each of s apologetically before continuing his statement. “But I rather the fans get angry with five of us than blaming Andy. We have many chances to explain and prove that Shinhwa is six. We can even do it during the concert itself. But Andy has no chance of doing anything if the fans start to blame him.”

“Eric-ah…you don’t have to feel bad. We are in this together.” Hyesung said, pained by how his friend is trying to carry the entire burden alone.

Minwoo laced his fingers with Eric’s. “Our friendship is not a front we put up to show the world. If misunderstanding from the public is a result of protecting Andy, so be it. I’d gladly take the blame than pretending to be loyal and harm Andy in the process.”

Dongwan nodded. “We all want the same thing. I am sorry I almost harm Andy again without really thinking through the whole situation.”

“Me too…” Junjin mumbled.

“Sylvia might turn up at the anniversary concert.” Minwoo said suddenly. Other than Eric, all members turned to him. “I am just thinking…this is the only event that she can accurately predict the dates even if she has no means to following our news.” The main dancer turned to Eric, “Isn’t it?”

Eric nodded, wondering if his childhood friend knew about what Andy was going through at the moment. Was she still in places where she had no connection with the outside world?

After coming out with a draft plan for the concert, the two CEOs prepared to leave for another meeting when Dongwan stopped the leader. “Eric…” Dongwan rubbed his neck awkwardly, “I  know you dislike what I am about to do, but I have to get this off my chest.”

Eric raised his brows and gave the lead singer a quizzical look.

Dongwan inhaled before saying each word loud and clear, “I am sorry, for all the things I said to you before… about Sylvia and…and how you are not a good leader.” He looked at Eric with a sincere expression. “Eric-ah, you are the best leader any group can have.”

Eric was stunned. He just stared at Dongwan, clueless about how he should react to the sudden serious atmosphere. Then the corners of his lips curled upwards lightly as he opened up his arms, welcoming the shorter man into an embrace.

“I love you Eric.”

“I love you too Wannie-ah!”

***

The two CEOs spent the rest of the day discussing with the design team about their photo book. They looked through the photos taken, short-listed the ones they wanted to use and arranged for the order of the photos.

Minwoo gave a yawn and leaned back, resting his head on the back rest of his chair. “Only the texts are left.” He announced to the room with only Eric and him and closed his eyes.

“Minwoo-ah, go home and get some rest. You still have a concert to prepare for. I’ll try to get this out before morning.”

Minwoo opened his eyes and tilted his head slightly, looking at the leader with an appreciative gaze. He stretched his left arms out and squeeze Eric’s arm lightly. “Thanks Eric. Shinhwa will not exist without you.”

“Shinhwa will not exist without anyone of us.” Eric replied, busy typing into the laptop his ideas and suggestions for the words and phrases to be used for their photo book, hoping to rush it out earlier as he knew that his workaholic friend would not leave. He really believed what he just told his co-CEO. Without any of the members, he did not think Shinhwa could last till now.

Minwoo stood up, stretched his body before moving to the little couch at a corner of the room. “I’ll take a short nap first.” He mumbled as he curled into a ball and tucked himself in.

“Goodnight Minbongie…” Eric said softly with a gentle smile on his face. He turned back and flipped to the next photo. It was a nice picture of his maknae. The moment when Eric decided to give up on being a lawyer and followed Andy to Korea materialised in his mind. He had never regretted that decision he made. Not even for a second. His journey started because he wanted to stay with someone important to him, and in the course of that he found four others that he can call his brothers. His fingers started tapping on the keyboard again and he gave a satisfied smile at the statement showing on the screen: “Because Andy exists, Shinhwa exists”.

***

The anniversary concert came and went by. The members managed to convince Andy to appear on stage the second day. It was an emotionally overwhelming moment.

Andy sat at the backstage, his intense gaze on the door. His heart skipped a beat when he finally saw the door knob twisting, but it sank again when it was Hyesung that walked in. The maknae closed his eyes, feeling the warmness called tears forming.

“Andy-ah, it’s already nearing 3am. She won’t turn up today. Go home please.” Hyesung begged the maknae. Other than Eric, Andy and him, there was no one else left at the stadium. Junjin had wanted to stay but Hyesung forced him and Hwangbo to go home.

“Hyung, I’ve lost her completely right?” Andy asked. It was heart-wrenching for Hyesung to see the maknae so shattered.

“Andy-ah…” The older man advanced towards the maknae.

Hyung…I was given a second chance…but I let it go.” Andy’s lips quivered. “There is nothing called a third chance in life right?” The warm liquid trickled down Andy’s face.

Hyesung did not know how to answer. He sat beside Andy, feeling soreness in his chest. He had thought Sylvia would turn up too. He had felt hopeful together with Eric and Andy, but when the lady failed to show up by midnight, the leader and the maknae had fallen into a bottomless pit. With every passing second, they sank deeper…and being their brother, Hyesung had sunk together with them.

He hugged the younger man, the thin body making his heart ached further.

Eric stood outside, looking through the door left ajar. Hyesung and Andy were hugging and crying. Eric’s tears dropped silently.

***

Link to crystalis0324's awesome fanmade mv and credits to her for the translation of the lyrics below!

Girl, I have not forgotten…

no matter where I am.

Although I have no way of finding you.

Girl, it’s as if you are by my side right now.

 

Although I tried my best to forget you, you still reside inside my heart.

What am I supposed to do if you leave like this?

Every night, I don’t want to let you go

In my memories, in your heart…

Can we really just wipe away our love?

We can’t right?

We can’t do that.

 

You, why?

I am right here.

But you cannot find me.

Why now?

In this pointless waiting,

only surrounded by fear.

 

As the wind, the sun and the ocean waves,

This street, I will continue down  it even though you are no longer there.

 

No matter how I try to hide my heart,

the love I have for you is still glowing.

I lightly close my eyes, only to think of you.

Babe.

 

You, why?

The ocean waves are tumbling towards me,

carrying everything and crashing towards me.

Why now?

Like the wind that has lost its way.

Why did you leave my side?

 

As the wind, the sun and the ocean waves,

This street, I will continue down it, even though you’re no longer here.

The rain is falling,

Tears are falling too

I am standing all alone in this street.

 Oh although I cannot send you on your way

Everything goodbye

 

Goodbye…my heart

Everything gonna be alright

No matter when, all I have to do is close my eyes

And you would appear by my side

 

As the wind, the sun and the ocean waves,

This street, I will continue down it, even though you’re no longer here.

The rain is falling,

Tears are falling too

I am standing all alone in this street.

Oh although I cannot send you on your way

Everything goodbye

 

Girl, I have not forgotten…no matter where I am,

Although I have no way of finding you

Girl, it’s as if you are by my side right now.

How evil would i be if I mark complete at this point? xD

When I fist conceptualise the story, the anniversary concert was actually the end (but the concert had not happened at that time). I was struggling if Sylvia should appear after the concert, but as you can see, she did not. =X

One more chapter to go for the original version of this story and it will end. It'll be a very short chapter I think. The story can still swing both ways if the two will meet again. =P