Seven - Person You Love

Return

Andy sat on his bed; gazing at the ring in his hand. Things had change too drastically in the past 48 hours. Was he getting too paranoid or was he just too insensitive before? He did not know. His thoughts were cluttered. Andy took a deep breath, picked up his phone and dialled her number.

“Andy-ah!” The gleeful voice at the other end greeted. Andy’s heart clenched. It was not Sylvia.

“Eric hyung?” He asked unbelieving. Were they with each other the entire night?

“Sylvia went to the washroom. We’re having breakfast at the café. Do you wanna come over?”

Andy did not know what to say. His pause dragged and Eric repeated his name, prompting him to speak. “No…No hyung, I already had my breakfast.”

“Awww…but hyung wanna see you!” Eric said in a coquettish manner. Andy smiled; an instinctive reaction whenever Eric was doing that to him. But this time, his smile stop short before reaching his eyes.

“Sorry hyung. I still have some packing to be done. Will Sylvia noona be going to the airport with you or should I pick her up later?”

“She’ll go with me.”

“Okay. I’ll see both of you later. Bye hyung.” Andy hung up quickly and chucked his phone onto his bed. He shut his eyes, trying to abate the sudden intense pain from his heart as his hand clenched around the ring. 

******

Andy wore an expressionless mask when Eric and Sylvia reached the airport. He decided not to bring the ring with him and locked it in his drawer before he left his house.

Sylvia walked with the crew to avoid rumours and scandals. It was already on the internet that Eric was spotted with a female (AN: That really did happen at that time). Andy threaded along with s, but not joining in any of their conversations. His phone vibrated. He fished it out from his pocket. It was a message from Sylvia.

“Why are you so gloomy today?”

Andy turned to look at her and she did a merong. Andy gave her a half-hearted smile and replied with his phone. “Nothing much. Maybe I slept too late yesterday.”

He was about to keep his phone when it vibrated again.

“Sleep on the plane then. Dream of me.”

Andy bit down onto his lips. Was he still that “little brother” to her, or was he something more? How about Eric hyung?

After they check-in to their hotel in Beijing, Andy invited Junjin out for drink.

“Jin-ah…did you confess to Hwangbo or did she confess to you?” (AN: Yes…I made Hwangbo the one xD)

Junjin smiled, remembering the blissful moments with his girlfriend and assuming Andy was going to consult him about confessing to a girl. The maknae had been missing in the relationship scene for eons. “Of course I did. I did it the proper way like a man should.” Junjin said. He raised his eyebrows and leaned closer to Andy, “Are you planning anything special during this trip Andy?”

Andy shook his head and gulped down another mouthful of his beer. “But how did you know she wasn’t in love with someone else when you confess? Like…Hyesung hyung? She always chose Hyeusng hyung in variety shows.”

Junjin frowned and studied Andy. “I didn’t think that much. Did something happen, Andy?”

Andy shook his head again and down his entire glass of beer. He opened another bottle and refilled his glass to the brim.

“Something definitely happened. Andy, you know you can confide in me.”

Andy pondered Junjin’s proposal. He knew Junjin would keep his secrets, but he did not want to weigh him down with the burden. He downed the glass of beer again and called for the bill.

“Let’s go back, we still have a concert tomorrow.”  Andy stood up and advanced to the door. But Junjin did not move.

“Andy-ah…” Junjin tried again. Hyesung had already clarified there were nothing between him and Sylvia. What was still bothering Andy?  Could it be…no…No, it couldn’t be Eric. As far as Junjin observed, Eric was the third match maker after Minwoo and Dongwan.

Andy let out a sigh, turned back and held Junjin’s hand, dragging him along. “Jin-ah, there’s really nothing. I just want to talk to you that’s all.”

******

Dongwan was surprised by how Andy almost played along with him during the Beijing Concert. It was not like Andy at all! When they were singing “How Do I Say”, Dongwan’s teasing almost became a real kiss between the two of them. Both of them chickened out at the last minute and let the kiss turned into a hug. By mid song, Dongwan tried the romance act again and Andy did not shy away. Result was a jealous-and-over-protective-of-the-maknaes-mabird.

tumblr_mq8qbxGhxo1rb1z8zo1_500.jpg

Link to the said performance

En route the back-stage, the members started talking about the “almost-kiss”.

“I thought both of you were really going to kiss on stage! It would be nice if you two did that.” Minwoo cooed at the end of his sentence. Dongwan hit Minwoo lightly on the shoulders.

“Wannie-ah, stop bullying Andy.”  Hyesung said. He slapped Eric’s hand when the leader tried to hug him from behind. Eric pouted and curled his arms around Andy’s elbow.

“Hyesung-ah, did you see how much he was enjoying it today? I was shocked. I am the real victim here.” Dongwan replied. Andy did not retort. He was lost in his own thoughts.

Hyesung gave Dongwan a reproachful look, “You were the one that started…” before he could finish, Minwoo backed Dongwan up.

“Hyesung-ah, our two maknaes are not as innocent as what you think. Sometimes we are the real victims!”

“Why am I being dragged in?” Junjin looked up with an overwrought expression. Minwoo laughed.

Hyesung rolled his eyes. “Yeah. Like Andy will randomly kiss you guys on stage.”

Minwoo, “But I was really surprised today; the effect of having Sylvia around. Maybe we should make it compulsory for her to attend all concerts from now on. Right Andy?”

Speaking of the devil, Sylvia was already at the back stage waiting for them. “Vievie!” Eric exclaimed and went over to hug her before sneaking up on Hyesung again. It was a brief hug, but the impact on Andy lasted longer...

******

The first day in Korea after the concert was another rest day. The doorbell rang. “Hi noona.” Andy greeted when he opened the door. They had agreed to prepare a meal together, something they always did in the past.

“I’ve brought the radish and cabbage. Let’s start!” Sylvia marched pass him and made her way to the kitchen. Andy glanced at her back and felt bitterness in his heart. He had been feeling this way a lot recently.

“You said females that can make kimchi are charming” Sylvia commented when they were preparing the kimchi.

“Eh?” Andy raised his head.

“In We Got Married, with Solbi.”

“Yes.” Andy replied, suddenly unease about the mentioning of his “ex-wife”.

“You know that is me right - the person that makes perfect kimchi?” Sylvia asked in jest.

“Noona is charming.” Andy said honestly.

Sylvia laughed. “Don’t start acting awkward. I was pulling your legs. Did you like Solbi at that time? You two got really close.”

“I don’t know. But I know she was not the one.” Andy answered. Years ago he had not known why he did not want to continue the show despite getting fond of Solbi; but now he realised the reasons for all his failed relationships was because Sylvia had never left the space in his heart.

“So…have you met the one?” Sylvia asked nonchalantly while mixing the kimchi paste they made with the cabbage.

“I…I don’t know.” Andy lied and stood up to pour himself a glass of water. He was not thirsty. He just needed some physical distant from Sylvia. If he hadn’t had any hesitation about her relationship with Eric, he would have confessed right away. But now he could not.

Sylvia nodded. “Where is the ring that I gave you? I haven’t seen you wearing it since the 20th choice.”

“It’s locked in my drawer. Hyung said it will upset the fans and give them the wrong idea.”

Sylvia kept quiet. After placing the kimchi in the fridge, she said, “Let me see Pani and Jjujju.”

tumblr_inline_mxcoqvxMV21qfklhe.jpg

Andy watched her silently as she played with Pani and Jiujiu. One reason he got Jiujiu was so that she would come to his house often. But now he was in doubt if that was acceptable. Was he too selfish not to consider Eric before?

Andy’s phone rang. It was Eric.

“Hyung…”

“Andy-ah, I am on my way to your place. I heard you and Sylvia are cooking something delicious!” Eric said at the other end. Andy frowned and raised his gaze to look at Sylvia. She did not notice him. She was still playing with the dogs. Did she invite Eric over to his house today? Was this history repeating itself?

I just have to mention that Wandy pic that made me jelly of Wannie for soooooo looooong =P I actually thought it was really a kiss for weeks!