Six - Insomnia

Return

Sistar was performing the opening stage when Shinhwa entered. Eric smiled, briefly reminded that he was being paired with Andy in the episode of Shinbang that Sistar guested in. He stretched his hand to grab a bottle of Bacchus from the table.

The award show began shortly. The door, which formed part of the stage’s backdrop slid open and Minwoo and Junjin marched out gallantly in their suit, with Kim Suel Ki between them.

“Hello everyone, 2013 mnet 20th…” Minwoo started.

Eric, Andy and Hyesung started snapping photos of their two charismatic members excitedly.

“Look at Jinnie in this photo! He is so handsome.” Hyesung said like a proud mother. “Just like me.” He added.

“You are beautiful, not handsome,” Eric said as he leaned over together with Andy. Hyesung rolled his eyes at him before the trio started fanboying over Minjin while Dongwan was obsessed with looking for a spoon for his pudding. Contrary to most people, Eric thought their greatest fans were not Shinhwa Changjo but the members themselves. He still remembered how thrilled they were the last time five of them (without Dongwan) gathered to make placards for Dongwan’s Yeongasi premier. They practically transformed into teenage girls; squealing and giggling, putting Dongwan on a pedestal and the next moment complaining how he had ruined all their lives.

The ceremony went on quite smoothly for Eric as he gleefully chatted with s until the familiar phrase – “Do you smell something burning?” – reached his ears. Eric cringed. Did Minwoo and Junjin really plan this for today?! He buried his face into Andy’s shoulder and the younger guy patted his head.

“What is burning? Is it the awards?”

 Eric raised his head and glared at the two members on the stage, secretly wishing that his gaze could bore holes in them.

“No, it’s my heart that is burning” Minwoo said as he rested his head on Junjin’s shoulder. Hyesung burst out laughing.

“That’s Eric hyung’s. Did you ask if you could use it?”

Not only did they decide to use the phrase, they had to mention it was his in front of everyone!

Eric felt Andy’s hand on his and he held on to it, pouting.

“I actually didn’t, but its ok right Eric?” Minwoo turned to where Shinhwa was sitting. Hyesung and Andy did a “X” sign with their hand, signalling that it was not okay. Minwoo laughed.

“I want to slaughter them.” Eric pouted again as he complained to s. It garnered different reactions from s.

“Why? It was cute!” Dongwan asked, trying to maintain an innocent expression and holding his grin.

“I’ll kill them if they had left this out.” Hyesung commented, not bothering to hide from Eric how gleeful he was about the whole situation.

“I’ll join you for Minwoo hyung if you promise to add Dongwan hyung to the list.” Andy said.

Dongwan turned over with an exaggerated hurt expression on his face, “Why Andy? Don’t you love me? Didn’t I shower you with enough love during concerts?”

That put a smile back onto Eric’s face. He smacked Dongwan’s head lightly for bullying his maknae.

Shinhwa went on to clinch the Global star award. Dongwan had his revenged on Eric for the pudding incident by placing his hand on Eric’s behind when they were on stage receiving the award so that Eric could not stop him. The band went on to give a stunning performance of “This love” (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWVoaCQ1mws) before Minwoo and Junjin left them for their emcee duty again.

“Andy-ah, can you help me ask them for their Bacchus?” Eric pointed to their juniors sitting behind Andy, giving his best innocent child expression.

The corner of Andy’s lips went upwards. He wondered lightly since when did his and Eric’s role reversed.

“Stop drinking so much! You won’t be able to sleep tonight if you continue!” Hyesung transformed into his mabird mode. The crew realised that Shinhwa had ran out of the Bacchus and brought more to them. Hyesung made a face and rejected it, but before the crew could leave, Eric managed to stop them.

“It’s okay, I don’t have to sleep early tonight anyway.” Eric chirped as he opened another bottle of Bacchus. Dongwan, being the usual health freak in the group started reading the ingredients making sure this was not going to harm the leader’s health.

“What do you mean by not sleeping early? We are flying to Beijing tomorrow.” Hyesung said in an annoyed tone.

“Only in the evening. Oh, by the way I was thinking of asking Sylvia along for the Beijing concert.”  Eric said casually.

Andy’s heartbeat accelerated against his own will. He glued his eyes firmly to the stage, trying to appear as if Eric’s comment meant nothing more to him than it was for the rest.

“Why?” Hyesung asked.

“Minwoo got hurt during the last concert. It might be good to have a doctor around.” Eric’s reason earned him Dongwan’s approval as the latter nodded in an exaggerated motion.

“A doctor? Aren’t you a bit too protective of us Eric?” Minwoo, who was walking back to Shinhwa with Junjin commented. His hand rested on the leader’s shoulder as he stood behind the group.

“Hyung, they must be talking about Sylvia noona.” Junjin reminded.

“Oh yeah, my bad. I forgot we got a doctor with us.” Minwoo laughed and advanced to the two empty seats; not forgetting to wink at Andy.

“I’ll text the managers to get another ticket.” Eric announced, making clear the outcome of the discussion.

The band also clinched the 20th voice award that night. The award ceremony was followed by a gala dinner. By the way the Shinhwa members are sweeping food into their stomach; Andy would bet with his head that they would be featured on the internet again. When he finally got home and washed up, it was already past one in the morning.

Andy lied on his bed, his eyes locked on the ring he was holding between his index finger and thumb until his phone vibrated. It was a message from Sylvia – “Congrats and rest well! =) ”

She was still awake! Andy nestled himself into a comfortable sitting position and dialled her number.

“Hello Andy! Not sleeping yet?”

“Noona… Got awoken by your message.” Andy teased. He heard Sylvia laughed, obviously knowing it was not true.

“How was your day? Was it fun?”

Before Andy could answer, a male’s voice sounded in the background at Sylvia’s side. “Who is it? Calling you at this timing?” Andy froze. He knew that voice too well. He glanced at the clock; it was already past two in the morning. Why was Eric with Sylvia at this time?

FINALLY! REWROTE EVERYTHING! I CAN  FINALLY MOVE ON TO WHAT HAPPEN AFTER THIS!!!! XD 

Cr: http://ericsmoon.tumblr.com/post/55985453620