Three - Red String

Return

Special thanks to delvimin18 for being my major motivation for this fic! <3

Not much changes in content from the previous one except for a para about Hyesung.

 “Good job everyone. Let’s have a short break.” Minwoo declared, walking over to stop the music. Everyone applauded before moving to their respective resting spots in the dance studio.

Subconsciously, Andy advanced to the entrance.

It had been five days since Sylvia came back and she had been preparing lunch for the team. In matter of minutes, Sylvia stepped into the dance studio. “Good afternoon everyone! I brought lunch!”

“Good afternoon noona.” Andy walked over, took the bags from her and helped lay the food on the table.

 “Good afternoon Sylvia.” Dongwan shouted absent-mindedly from the other corner of the room. Minwoo nudged Dongwan with his elbow. The lead singer made a sound acknowledging his friend but continued tapping and scrolling on his phone.

Knowing that Dongwan was not someone who will get addicted to mobile games, Minwoo glanced over Dongwan’s shoulder. He lifted his hand and gave his friend a hard smack on his back. “Yah! Stop voting for 4 minutes! How could you do this to our Shinhwa Changjo? Mr Kim Dongwan, 4 minutes is not responsible for your life.”

“Ok, I’ll stop I’ll stop.” Dongwan chortled and kept his phone away. He was voting for his current favourite band for the coming 20th choice award. In his defence, he had made up to fans by voting for them in the recent mnet best fandom poll. Certainly that would net off the severity of him voting for another band in a category Shinhwa was nominated in.

Dongwan looked up to see what Minwoo wanted him to – Andy and Sylvia were preparing the table at the other side of the room. He raised an eyebrow and tilted his head to face Minwoo. He found nothing odd given that the two had been doing that for the past three days.

Minwoo flashed a smug smile, “Do you think Sylvia resembles anyone?”

“Hmmmm…” Dongwan glanced back at Sylvia, racking his brain for an answer. But Minwoo was not particular patient in waiting for his response.

“Someone’s ideal lady!”

“AN-DY!” Dongwan exclaimed, gaping at Minwoo. The ideal lady Andy had been describing all these years was definitely Sylvia. No wonder this maknae of theirs have not dated for years. Seem like there was already someone in his heart whom he could not forget all along.

Minwoo flashed a sly grin when he saw that it finally dawned on Dongwan. “So…”

“So?”

“Aigoo. Dongwan-ah, sometimes I think you are the one that really need walnuts.” Minwoo sighed. “Do you want your kid (Andy) to get married?”

Dongwan chortled again and exchanged knowing grins with Minwoo. Dongwan already suspected Sylvia had special feelings towards their maknae. The lady always prepared the maknae’s favourite dishes, even those that are not known by fans. Unquestionably, Sylvia knew Andy very well, and her concern for the maknae was comparable to any of the members.

Meanwhile, at the other corner of the room, Hyesung was also observing the two people lying out the food. Unfortunately, what he felt was nothing like his two other band mates. He thought he might crack any moment with all the anxiety in him. Eric only said to him Sylvia told Eric earlier that she became a doctor. Hyesung suspected by “earlier”, it meant long before this reunion. Was Eric keeping contact with her all these years? And judging by how Andy was behaving, he was definitely not over Sylvia. Hyesung heaved a sigh and massaged his temples.

******

The Taiwan concerts went well. Eric became the highlight when he removed his top since this was not something the leader always did. (youtube link)

The team went for celebratory dinner the second night and got the maknae drunk.

Andy groaned at the excruciating throbbing pain in his head the following morning.

“You are finally awake! You need to get ready soon though, we’re leaving in about an hour’s time.”

The plane! Andy jolted into a sitting position and instantly regretted his sudden motion. It felt as if someone had hammered his skull with force enough to smash it into a million pieces. He heard Dongwan chuckled as the older man passed him a glass of warm water.

“Sorry, but this is all we have got to clear your hangover now.”

“Thanks.” Andy murmured and took a sip. It did not help much. He still felt like his skull was going to shatter with every slight movement.

“Go wash up and get changed. You will feel better. Eric had already packed your stuff for you.” Dongwan said as he handed Andy a set of clean clothes.

Andy nodded and slowly climbed out of the bed with Dongwan’s help. With movement so mild and gentle, he managed to make his way to the toilet.

Andy walked into the showers, letting cold water splashed onto him. Memories of the previous night gradually returned. He smiled remembering Eric being exceptionally high in spirit the day before. The leader even stripped during the concert for god sake. Why was he so high? The answer slowly formed in Andy’s mind and he quickly pushed it to the back of his head.

The first cup of alcohol that night had been due to his perplexing emotions about Sylvia. But it started to get out of hand when Dongwan hyung and Minwoo hyung took turns to toast him. He vaguely remembered the two older ones teasing him about Sylvia noona but he could not be sure.

Outside of the bathroom, Dongwan made one last check making sure Eric packed everything. He felt bad for making Andy so drunk the night before. Eric had volunteered to take care of the maknae. Dongwan had deliberately got up earlier so he could take over from Eric and let the leader get some rest.

At the corridor of the hotel

“Minwoo hyung.” Junjin called when Minwoo just got out of his hotel room. Minwoo noted that the younger man seemed troubled.

“Are you okay Jinnie?” Minwoo asked.

“Yeah,” Junjin answered hastily. “Hyung, I noticed last night. Were you and Dongwan hyung trying to match-make Sylvia noona and Andy? ”

“Why?” The younger one seemed apprehensive so Minwoo avoided answering directly. He saw Junjin considered a second before answering.

“Hyung…Hyesung hyung had been bothered since Sylvia noona was back. I am worry that both Hyesung hyung and Andy might like Sylvia.”

Sorry for making Wannie vote for 4 minutes XD It was just some thoughts my friend and I were discussing during the 20's choice - Which Shinhwa members would actually vote for us and who wouldn't bother. Then we started discussing what if Dongwan voted for 4 minutes.

P.S: If you are interested, here's a video of Andy after the dinner (Link) He was walking towards fans! If only I was there xD