Nine - Throw My fist

Return

Another short chapter xD 

It had been days since Dongwan last saw the leader and the maknae of the group. Andy had been avoiding them after the appalling news he had revealed and Eric was locking himself up in the recording room because of some “sudden inspiration” for their new song. Dongwan was vexed. He was leaving for New Zealand in a few days’ time and he really wanted to do something before things worsen in Shinhwa.

Dongwan stood outside their recording room, thinking how he should approach the leader. He knocked on the door before opening it. Eric raised his head from the music scores in his hands and beamed at the witty guy.

“Dongwan-ah! You are the best, dropping by to see me!” Eric placed the pen and papers in his hand on the surface of the keyboard and went over to bear-hug the shorter man.

“I bought you dinner.”  Dongwan lifted the plastic bag in his hand, not smiling nor returning the hug.

“FOOD!” Eric squealed, his eyes sparkling. He took the bag from Dongwan and returned to his seat, all attention now on the jajiangmian Dongwan bought. Dongwan thought grimly that the leader had not sensed anything amiss with his mood. Why was Eric so oblivious? Was the change in the leader all because of Sylvia?

“Eric…”

“Yeah?”  The leader replied habitually. Dongwan gave a mental sigh; the leader’s attention was still on the noodles.

“I am here to discuss about Sylvia.” Dongwan decided that there was no point beating about the bush.

“What about vievie?” Eric finally looked up. So she was the only thing that could get his attention now huh? Dongwan rolled his eyes at Eric’s nick name for Sylvia. He could not help it. He once thought it was cute, since Eric and Sylvia were childhood friends after all. But now all Dongwan could think of was how his maknae must be suffering because of these two.

“How about everything about her? How she is a threat to Shinhwa and how she had turned our greatest leader blind to his own members’ feelings?” Dongwan blurted out harshly and immediately realized what he had done. He regretted being too rash and straight forward but it was too late now. He could see Eric’s body stiffening. Dongwan gulped down his saliva. This was not a good start to a productive discussion.

“And may I know what wrong had she done for you to make this statement?” Eric said, gritting his teeth. Dongwan could almost sense the anger rippling underneath Eric’s skin as the leader fought to control himself.

And this, was exactly why Dongwan thought Sylvia was a threat.

For all the years they were together, since when did the members fight each other over a female? Sure, they did fight over trivial matters like curtains and burps and countless other stuff, but never over girls. NEVER ONCE. But Eric was willing to do it now because of Sylvia.

“Eric, don’t you think your reactions were a little over? Since when do we fight over girls? I don’t want to interfere in your personal life if I could, but this is obviously affecting more than just you, don’t you think?”

Silence.

Dongwan stood there, patiently waiting for Eric to either come to his senses or just punch him in the face. If it was the latter that come, Dongwan would be more than happy to take on the leader and beat some sense into him. But it was neither of it.  Dongwan was not prepared, and will never be prepared for what came next. It paralysed him.

“I am here working hard for Shinhwa’s next album and you suddenly come and blasted me with how I am a bad leader and how Sylvia is a threat to the band without giving me a proper reason. And now you are complaining about my reaction?” Eric asked. He continued without waiting for Dongwan’s answer. “Don’t make me choose Dongwan, I love you, I really do. But if you want to insist Sylvia is a threat to Shinhwa…I…I don’t want to leave you guys…but she needs me more now. Don’t force me.” Eric inhaled, trying to calm himself before advancing to the door. When he passed by Dongwan, the shorter man regained his senses and grabbed Eric’s shoulder.

“Eric…is our friendship worth that little? Five of us…five of us are less to you than her?”

Eric shrugged Dongwan’s hand off. “Let it go and I’ll treat it as we haven’t had this conversation before. Dongwan, I’ve known her since I was a baby.” Eric said tiredly and exited the room, leaving Dongwan dumbfounded.

The shorter man had not noticed the tears in the leader’s eyes.

***

“He really said that? He said he would choose her over us?!” Junjin’s fisted his hand until his knuckles turned white. The second maknae was shaking lightly from rage. “What have gotten into Eric hyung? He was the one who always protected Shinhwa and now he is willing to let us go because of Sylvia?”

“He did not say that exactly. He said she needed him more than us and asked me not to make him choose.” Dongwan corrected.

“It’s the same.” Junjin said annoyed.

Minwoo, who had been deep in thoughts until now, finally raised his head and uncross his arms. He turned the forth and last member who was in the room with them. “Hyesung, you are bothered by something. What is it you are contemplating if you should tell us?”

Hyesung snapped out of his internal debate and turned to Minwoo. He had forgotten how sharp their co-CEO was.

“I…” Hyesung let his words hung there.

Minwoo adjusted his seating posture, his gaze reminding on the main singer, waiting.

“I went to find Eric too; after the concert…” Hyesung paused, not knowing if he should continue.

“And?” Junjin prompted. Hyesung turned to his baby bird and saw the imploring gaze on him, hoping for some good news. He turned his head; his other two members were also waiting, but with more grave expression on their faces.

“Sylvia had moved in to stay with him.”

The change in atmosphere was immediate. All the members had gone quiet. And the news that Hyesung delivered was not the only reason. Hyesung gulped, looking at the figure whose hand was still on the handle of the open door.

Dongwan whose back was facing the door turned over as dread took over.

“Andy…” he whispered when he saw the maknae’s pale face.

The timing that Andy decided to go Shincom and stop avoiding his hyungs...Delvimin18, you said you want it sadder!

Next chapter will be a little about the past in Hyesung's POV Maybe Andy's too, I'll see how it goes...