Ten - Hurts

Return

Sorry, my most raw chapter. Got a crazy discussion with andy_dyan and now I got 2 endings to this. The new one will make everyone goes WTH xD The split haven't start yet.

Andy froze, unable to move a muscle. He felt the blood draining away from his limbs, making him feeble and unable to think. Sylvia was staying with Eric?

“Andy-ah…”

Andy raised his head to the terror-stricken voice; Hyesung’s face was as white as the wall behind him. Andy stared at him. “Sylvia had move in with Eric?” The bizarre question flashed in his mind again. His eyes darted across s’ faces reading their expression as the thought slowly sank in. SYLVIA HAD MOVE IN WITH ERIC! His hand which was on to the door knob flew to his left chest which had started hurting.

“Andy…” Dongwan advanced towards him, trying to hold and calm him. Andy tilted his head hesitantly. He could not face the members now. He needed time to think.

“Andy-ah!” Junjin hollered, standing up hurriedly as the younger man darted out of the room. Junjin wanted to run after him, but Minwoo grabbed his arm before he could exit the room. He shrugged Minwoo’s hand away violently.

“Hyung, why did you stop me?” He snapped at the co-CEO and silently cursed himself for sitting furthest from the entrance.

“Jin, give him some time to be alone.”

“He needs us!” Junjin blared.

“Jin, Andy doesn’t need our interrogation or the knowledge of things we were discussion before he came in. And we know nothing to be giving him advice now. Let Andy be alone to clear his mind.”

“But hyung…”

“Andy is mature enough.” Minwoo exhaled. “He will not do anything stupid.”

“What have I done?” Hyesung muttered as he slowly sank back into his seat, dazed. “It is all my fault…”

“Hyesung-ah…none of us can predict Andy would choose to come back today.” Minwoo sighed. Without Eric around, he had to take the lead and take care of s. He was glad all these only started nearing their vacation and not in the middle of their Asia Tour.

“It is my fault. I was the stupid one that confronted Sylvia and Eric. If not there wouldn’t even be this conversion today.” Dongwan banged his fist onto the table.

Minwoo narrowed his eyes at Dongwan. “You what? You confronted Sylvia too?”

Dongwan nodded bashfully.

Minwoo opened his mouth, wanting to scold Dongwan for his rashness but stopped himself. He took a deep breath and exhaled forcefully. “We’ll get through this.” He said softly to himself before turning to the wrecked Hyesung. “Hyesung-ah, Andy will be alright, really. It was nobody’s fault. He would find out sooner or later. Now all we can do is to salvage the situation. We need you to tell us exactly what happened in the past. Were Sylvia and Eric really a couple? And what was Andy’s relationship with Sylvia?”

Hyesung looked up at Minwoo, trying to see if he really believed Andy would find out someday even if Hyesung had not been so loose-lipped. When he was finally convinced, he found the courage to start talking.

“I am not very clear about the exact story. I belonged to a different circle from Eric and Andy back then, but Sylvia was my classmate so I do know a little. Initially the whole class thought Sylvia was dating a junior because Andy and she were always together. They came to school together, waited for each other during lunch break and after school. Many of our classmates spotted them in the park or shopping malls on weekends too. I even witnessed them sharing the same ice cream cone once.”

Hyesung paused to observe at s. Junjin and Dongwan were listening intently. Minwoo nodded prompting him to go on.

“At a point Sylvia was even wearing a ring everyone in school knew was given by Andy. But shortly after that Eric announced to the whole school he was dating Sylvia. And…Sylvia and Andy just stopped being together.”

Dongwan gasped and Junjin tsked, showing his annoyance with the leader. Minwoo remained thoughtful.

“That doesn’t sound like Eric at all. He’d not do that do anyone much less Andy.” Minwoo commented.

“You never know. He already said he’d choose Sylvia over us. Does that sound like Eric hyung to you?” Junjin asked.

“Maybe he is treating Andy like this all these years because he was guilt-ridden over what he did to Andy?” Dongwan suggested.

***

Andy sat on Hwangbo’s couch. He could not be seen outside in this state; fans and paparazzi would recognise him. And he could not go home because that is a place s would definitely dropped by if they were looking for him. Hwangbo’s house was one of the few choices he had left. The said lady came into the living room with a glass of ice water for him.

“Thanks noona. And thanks for not telling Junjin hyung I’m here.”

Hwangbo slapped him on the arms lightly with the back of her hand. “Why are you being so polite? Who am I? Of course I would do that for you” She took the seat beside him.

Andy smiled. “You are my sister-in-law. And you are providing me a hiding place from my brothers.”

Hwangbo tsked, narrowed her eyes and glared at him. “Even if I am together with that pabo, I hate to say this but…I am always your hyung! Argh! Why did I say that?” Hwangbo raised both her hands and hold the side of her head. She exhaled and turned back to Andy “So…what is it now? Junjin had told me a little about Sylvia, Eric and you.”

“I don’t really know myself. I just need some time to think through.” Andy admitted. Hwangbo nodded and retreated back to her room.

Andy felt thankful for how understanding Hwangbo was. Junjin was a lucky man. Andy closed his eyes; finally able to access the damage done to his heart. It hurt a hell lot.

He had really thought she had loved him more than a brother a long time ago. It felt like an innocent and pure kind of love. But now he knew everything was his own wishful thinking. It was then, and it still is now.  

Everything started making sense. That was why Eric was with Sylvia the night of the 20th choice award ceremony. Because she had shifted in with him that night (AN: Andy figured out the date because he sent Sylvia back to the hotel the day before after buying the gifts). So that was the reason why Eric had known every time she visited him, and that was the reason Eric had taken over the role of sending her back. Because she was staying with him.

Andy wondered how clueless he could be, taking so long to realise; taking so long to admit. And still feeling hurt after he admitted.

She was Eric’s girlfriend after all. He was mistaken years ago. Why did he let his heart make the same mistake years later? He should not and could not do this to Eric…or Sylvia. He had to forget his feelings, no matter how hard it is, how painful he will feel, he needed to it. He needed to stop being a burden to their relationship.

***

Andy walked into Shinhwa Company and instantly felt the peculiar atmosphere. It was as if the room had invisible lines drawn between and was divided into three camps. Eric was alone; Junjin and Dongwan were at the other corner, their unhappiness with the leader apparent. Minwoo and Hyesung were in the middle of the room, acting as United Nation.

“Andy-ah!” Hyesung saw him first. The mummy bird had a worried countenance. The rest of the members raised their heads. Junjin walked over and pulled him over to his side with Dongwan.

“Now all of us are here, can we do our debrief quickly?” Junjin’s tone was hostile, targeting at the leader.

Andy looked at Junjin, shocked. He turned to Eric; the leader took everything in silently.

“Erm…before the debrief, I got something to say.” Everyone turned to face Andy.

“I have accepted appearance on Mama Mia and Star Love Village.”

“Star Love Village?” Eric asked in a dangerous tone. “Is that really what you wanted Andy?”

Andy nodded, trying to mask the pain he was feeling. Wasn’t this enough to make Eric believe he had decided to back away in the love triangle? Did Eric see through him? Did Eric know that he still have feelings for Sylvia? He was really trying hard not to feel that way. Can’t Eric just give him more time?

“I did not manage to pair up with anyone last year. I am really hoping to find someone this time round.” He said, trying to convince the leader.

“Minwoo, you lead the debrief.” Eric took his bag and walked out of the door.

If you had watched Star Love Village 2013, Andy had been very distracted in the show this time round. All the female participants thought he was not interested. But he still got paired up at the end xD 

Hwangbo's house was a last minute change from Andy Oppa being alone.