There's hope for you yet, Kim.

More Than Just A J.Tunes Probee

 

 

My head was pounding so hard through choir practice I expected someone to tell me to be quiet.

 

"James Kim! You, boy! Come here!" Kevin elbowed me in the side to get my attention. I refocused on Kevin.

 

"Sinsangnim wants you." He whispered. I noticed how silent the class was.

 

*Sigh*     I was in for it. I quickly hopped off the raisers and approached our choirmaster.

 

I bowed to him. "Be-yen-ida, Sinsangnim. I have a pounding..." Before I had a chance to finish my statement, he grabbed my ear and pulled it downward.

 

"Enough of your excuses! First, you arrive late." He gave me a little shake. "And now, you are not even paying attention! ... In my class, I expect your full attention, and nothing else!" He tweaked my ear hard and then released me.

 

"Kneel and raises your arms!" He pointed to a spot right next to him. I did as I was told. My face was burning. I kept my eyes lowered. He succeeded where Kang had failed. I was thoroughly embarrassed.

 

Thirty minutes had past, my arms felt heavy and my back was aching. My head was throbbing. I would just bear with it, only fifteen more minutes until class was over.

 

As their next song ended, there was clapping from behind us.

 

"Not bad, I can hear their progress." I dropped my head. That was my Father's voice. My face went bright red again. He walked over and stood beside our choirmaster.

 

"President Jeung! What a pleasant surprise! ...Boys, greet our president!" The whole group bow in respect.

 

"What brings you to our humble practice, today?" he asked.

 

"I was just passing by and thought I'd see how things were going... What's this? Someone's causing you trouble?" my father asked.

 

"Nothing you know I can't handle..." Our choirmaster stated.

 

"Truer words have never been spoken...I seem to have been in that exact position a time or two myself." My father laughed.

 

"Yes...More than a time or two, if my memory serves me correctly." My teacher joined my father's laughter. "It served you well...Look how far you've come from your training days..."

 

"Great thanks to your strict guidance and care." My father added, that brought a huge smile to our old Choirmaster.

 

"This one actually reminds me of you... Kim, get up and greet our president." I did as I was told. I stood up and then bow "Good afternoon to you, President Jeung."

 

"Weren't you our last Friday's winner?" My dad enjoyed toying with me. "Don't let winning go to your head, young man...You haven't made it in yet."

 

My cheeks were flaming with embarrassment. "I understand. I won't disappoint you, sir." I bowed again.

 

"Work hard, everyone!  Especially you, James Kim!" He stepped around my teacher and patted me on the shoulder. "I look forward to Friday's performances. Remember! There's only 2 weeks left until we announce our new trainees...Do your best and you might be rewarded!" He waved to the class, bowed to my teacher and then left.

 

 Now, I was feeling dizzy. I knelt back down and raised my hands before my teacher said anything. He nodded his approval.

 

"I see there's hope for you yet, Kim."

 

 

 

A/N:  I need help in choosing  a powerful song that two males could sing and/or rap together. If you have a suggestion, let me know. THX...