We'll come and free ya!

More Than Just A J.Tunes Probee

My father had decided that I would remain at home until my voice had returned to normal, allowing my neck a chance to heal too. The company was told that I had been sent home to recover and that my training would be on hold until further notice.

On Wednesday morning, my father knocked then entered my room.

"Seungri..." he placed a hand on my exposed arm. "Seungri...You need to get up." He gently patted my arm.

"Why?" I tried to roll over but stopped. My body had stiffened up. I focused all my strength, took a deep breath and tried again.

"I'm arranged for my physiotherapist to visit you in under an hour...So grab a shower and met her out in our practice studio by 8:30am.  You should eat something light." he smiled at me. "I'm hoping she will be able to convince your mom that you're improving at a reasonable rate. I'm tired of sleeping in our guest room." He clapped me lightly on the shoulder.

So, he was motivated more by his wife's cold shoulder then my actual well being... I chuckled to myself.

 

 

I decided to take full advantage of my time at home. I had made arrangements for Taewan and Lee Joon to come over and have dinner with me on Thursday.

We had a lot to catch up on. They were doubly  shocked by my appearance. Not only my neck made an impact but my whole physical being wowed them.

It was the first time the boys had actually seen me since the whole stalker-threat had happened. Their mouths dropped open.

"Yeah, I know I look pretty." I wrapped my arms around both of theirs and leaded them up to my room.

 "Sunhee will be finished with her taekwondo training any minute now, so if we want to have a minute to ourselves we'd better disappear before she see you."

I called down to the kitchen and asked Mrs. Yoo if she wouldn't mind sending up some snacks without our little spy knowing.

"Taewan, I think Seungri has definitely caught up to you and maybe even surpassed you." Joon was still oogling me in disbelief.

"Stick your tongue back in your mouth, you ." Taewan punched Joon lightly on the shoulder.

*Sorry that you got hurt...but look on the bright side. At least we get to see you before you turn grey." Taewan said as he dropped down on my sofa.

"So how's life as a trainee going? Is it all that or what?" Lee Joon asked dropping down beside Taewan.

"Tough! And I'm not even a trainee just a probee... I'm not sure I want to be a trainee, if it's going to be so intense everyday...There's one bright light to it all... Sulli is going through it with me, sort of." I couldn't help but smile.

"So...That's were she disappeared to. There were rumours and even her closest friends had no true answers." Taewan nodded his head.

"So what’s with your neck? What happened anyway?" Lee Joon inquired.

"The jerk happened." I sit across from them.

"I bet your father fired his !" Taewan looked seriously appalled.

I shrugged my shoulders.

”What? Are you kidding me?" Taewan shook his head in disbelief. "He could've killed you!"

"I guess it has more impact when an adult kneels before my father begging for forgiveness then when we do it." I stated.

We dropped the subject and return to happier thoughts...Sulli.

”She's truly amazing. I knew she was smart but I didn't know she was that talented. She won the honour of getting the weekend off to go home... The guys in my dorm are quite jealous that she's in my academy class and that we often eat lunch at the same table." I smiled.

"Yeah...you've got it bad." Taewan laughed at me.

"What?"

"The hots for her. It's written all over your face," he laughed.

"Hey!...In my defense, so does every other guy there." I added.

"Can't believe no ones figured out your true identity. I guess Sulli is playing along with it?" Joon inquired.

I nodded.

”At first, people were joking around about how I could play the part of a younger Jihoon if he needed someone to...But as time goes on and people get to know me, I'm just James Kim, that kid from Canada... It helps that we very rarely see my dad at the company. " I commented.

"So...What's life like there?... I have to admit, I'm amazed you haven't been kicked out yet." Joon laughed.

"You and me both, Bro." I said smiling back at him. "But what real choice do I have? The only other option my father gave me was life back in exile...No thanks! So I'm giving it everything I have to make it through and become a trainee."

"The schedule is crazy and the competition is just as bad. There were 48 probees to start with, even number of males and females. In the end, maybe 12 to 15 will be asked to stay on. Some have already dropped out. It's definitely not for everyone."

 

There was a light knock on my door. I answered it and Mrs. Yoo entered carrying a very full tray. Both Taewan and Joon sprang off the couch and bolted across the room, offering helping hands. They happily took the tray and greeted her warmly.

"I hope this will tie you boys over until dinner.  Your father called and asked to hold dinner until 8:00pm. The little ones will eat at their regular time though. If you boys need anything else just give me a shout." she patted my arm gently and left.

"I have more homework now than I did at our old school." I stated.

"I think it's more like you're doing your homework now, unlike before." Taewan corrected.

"Okay...That may be the truth but...still." I grabbed a sandwich off the tray." I've met a couple of cool guys. People I'd actually hang out with in real life. I think you guys would like them too. One's from the States and the other's from Seoul." I said between mouthfuls.

"You would never believe it, but I'm one of the fittest guys in my dorm. All that training when I was in exile had its benefits. One of the Hyungs that I get on with is in better shape. We keep each other in check. Not bad for this under-achiever." I said with pride.

"Are you actually learning how to dance and sing? Or what?" Lee Joon was really interested." 'cause when we've been to  karaoke clubs, you can't even sing without busting into laughter every time, not to mention you can't carry a tune to safe yourself ."

"I admit I have a long way to go when it comes to singing but I'm actually pretty quick on the uptake when it comes to dancing. I'm up near the top of my class. ...Who would have guessed that, coming from guy who never did anything really physical a few months ago."

We managed to catch up on all the major stuff that was happening in each other's lifes just as we were called down for dinner.

 

As we came down the stairs, my dad, Minwoo and Taewan's father, Jin-young were laughing as they passed in front of us heading for the dining room.

”Ah! Boys! It's been awhile." My dad stopped when he saw us. "My word, Hyung! Your son he's taller than me now!"

We bowed respectfully to them and followed in after them.

 

The spread on the table was impressive. My step-mother and Mrs. Yoo had out-done themselves again.  Joon's mouth dropped open. Mine almost did too. What was the special occasions?

All the males waited until my step mother was seated before the three older man sat. We, three younger one, waited until the men sat then we sat down in a row.

Dinner was delicious. The adults talked and laughed but we boys ate quietly unless asked a question.

"I'm glad to hear that making trouble isn't your only talent... It sounds like there's another Jeung with dancing skills." Taewan's dad leans over the table. "If it doesn't work out at your dad's company, you can always come over to me." He laughed and winked at me

I felt my cheeks redden. I looked down at my dinner not trusting my emotions not to show.

"So... what happened to the instructor who injured Seungri?" JYP inquired. My ear pricked up.

"Well, he's on probation... He and my son have a few things to work out." That statement sent a chill down my spine. I choked on some rice and quickly grabbed my water to wash it down. My throat started to burn once more...Great!

"When are you heading back, Seungri?" Minwoo asked.

 I looked over at my dad. "I'm not sure." I had no idea what was decided.

"He and I are going to do a light workout tomorrow morning. We'll see from there." My father patted me on the arm.

 

When dinner was over, the men headed back to the study and we went back to my room.

I dropped down on my bed. The force jaulted my neck. I inhaled sharply.

The boys tried to lighten the mood and we played some video games until they got called down to leave.

 

"On your next furlough, give us a call. We'll come and free ya." That statement got Taewan a smack on the back of his head by his father and a sharp look by mine.

I bit my lip trying to suppress the grin that his bold statement had caused. Yeah, I really missed my friends.