Chapter 87 - The Battle

The Unbreakable Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ChaeWon tried to hold back her tears and slowly stood up, while still hanged on to YoungDo's hand.

GyeongRan said to MinGi, "Let her stay! I think she has the right to listen to whatever we are about to discuss. The kids have already been through enough, MinGi. Please cut them some slack!"

ChaeWon looked at GyeongRan gratefully and tears fell down. It hurt MinGi to see her daughter's tears. He slightly nodded his head and let ChaeWon stay.

GyeongRan said, "About..."

MinGi turned to YoungDo and glared at him, "Was it your idea to run away?" He needed to ask this. He has been thinking about this all along.

YoungDo lowered his head and replied immediately, "I'm really sor...."

"Dad, it was my idea. I begged Oppa to take me away! It's not his fault." ChaeWon knew YoungDo would take the blame for her.

MinGi gazed at her in disbelief. He couldn't believe what he just heard. He always thought it was YoungDo's idea and he persuaded her to run. He never imagined it was actually ChaeWon's idea.

Tears ran down from ChaeWon's eyes. She uttered, "I'm sorry, Dad! I know you must be very disappointed in me. I'm sorry! But don't let it out on Oppa. He did everything for me. Please don't blame him for this!"

MinGi was still in shock and didn't know how to react. YoungDo turned to look at ChaeWon and then at MinGi, "We know it's irresponsible to run away like that. We should have found a better way to..."

GyeongRan gave her son a glance and said, "MinGi, allow me to apologize for my son. They are both still very young and didn't think carefully before their actions."

MinGi was upset. He gazed at his daughter, "You chose to run away and leave your father because of a boy? How could you do that? Is the boy more important than your father?"

ChaeWon lowered her head and sobbed.

GyeongRan glanced at ChaeWon and said to MinGi, "MinGi, whatever happened between us in the past is the past. Please don't cast it on our son and daughter. I'm sorry for what I have done to you. But my son has done nothing wrong, so as Chae Won. Don't you think it's fate that brought them together after all these years? It's non-sense to make them suffer from what we have done in the past, don't you think?"

MinGi gritted his teeth and kept his silence. He began to think that he might be the one who pushed his own daughter away this time. He couldn't deny the fact that his daughter was not a child anymore. Although she has chosen the wrong way to show her determination, it still proven that she really has fallen in love with this boy and was actually willing to leave her family for him. MinGi was somehow destined to lose this battle with his own daughter all along. In a way, he somehow felt lonely about it.

GyeongRan continued, "They are still young. Let's just observe them on the way! Let them steer their own course."

ChaeWon looked up at her father, took the courage and said, "Dad, please! I promise I'll do well in school. I won't do anything to let you down again. Please!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter