Chapter 2

Whatever We Are

Because Jongin is a caffeine addict.


Kyungsoo is breaking out and it will be the end of the world. And who is to blame for this? Who else but Jongin.

Jongin who likes to drink a lot of sugary beverages. Jongin who likes caffeine. Specifically Starbucks. Jongin who is now addicted to boba or bubble tea, those fish eye looking balls. And who has to suffer? Yup that’s right. Kyungsoo does.

Kyungsoo is not much of a drinker of soda or anything really. She just likes water and that’s it. Once in a while she will join Jongin in his drinking spree but it never came to this point that she’s breaking out on her face. She currently have five pimples and they’re huge! But she dares not to pop it because it will leave a mark and that’s a big no for her mother. She curses Jongin and his stupid drinks.

“You know you could have said no to those drinks” Jongin said to his bestfriend. He just finished playing some basketball with his friends when he got a text from Kyungsoo saying that world is going to end soon and he better hurry his and go to her house. And that is how he is sitting on Kyungsoo bed still sweaty from all the running he did and what a better way to relax  is to lay down on Kyungsoo’s bed-

“ no you’re not going to lay down on my bed! Get up now! Ewwwww Jongin stop rubbing your face on my pillow!” but its all to late because Jongin is now sweat free and his sweats are all over Kyungsoo bedsheets. “Ooops? I didn’t mean too?” He teased.

She really needs to find a new bestfriend. Maybe Kris would be a nice one? Nahh Baekhyun will pull her hair if she tries to steal Kris. Sehun is okay too better than Jongin. But that’s too much work. She’ll just stick with Jongin for now.

“I can’t really say no when you force me to taste EVERY. FREAKING.FLAVOR. THERE IS!” Kyungsoo drops her body on the chair by her study table. Jongin is laying down on her bed so she has no choice but to sit by her desk resting her leg on top of her bed. Toes against Jongin’s ribs. “Now I have five pimples Jongin. That’s like a record right there and you know whats the hardest thing?” She pouts. “I can’t pop them and oh god the temptation is killing!!” she ends up crawling next to Jongin.

This pimple dilemma is making her head hurts.

“Can I pop it then?” Jongin ask. its been his dream to pop a pimple before but Kyungsoo never let him but that was only when she had one pimple, now that she has five there are more chances she will let me him. And its better than squeezing the pimple on his phone. That app was addicting and gross at the same time, he shrugs remembering the white stuff that comes after.

“Want to die? Just because you have a perfect skin doesn’t mean you can touch mine. Who knows where your hands have been?” Kyungsoo sniffs her bestfriend. Eww.

“Jongin have you heard of showering?”

“Kyungsoo, have you heard of shaving? Cause your legs needs to meet the shaver soon. its becoming a forest.”

“ didn’t!” Kyungsoo said in shock because how rude was her bestfriend. Those are sensitive topics to ladies. And no matter how many times she tells Jongin to treat her one he never learns his lesson.

Jongin ran as fast as he can to the bathroom. Locking the door because no way he will lose some brain cells today. He needs it for his math test tomorrow and he knows for sure Kyungsoo won’t let him copy her answers.


“I want bubble tea and what are you wearing?” Jongin looks at his bestfriend from head to toe. Kyungsoo is wearing short shorts, a loose white v-neck shirt, and a long grey cardigan on top of everything, with her hair in a pony tail.

“Some demon told be my legs will forest soon soo I decided it was time to cut down trees and flaunt what I got” she raises up her leg just enough to have it infront of Jongin’s face to prove her point.

“Which is what….?” He teased.

They just finish their classes and Kyungsoo told Jongin to meet her at their spot. Its located by the Biology building where there are a lot of trees that acts like a shade for both of them.

“And I don’t want to get pimples again. You better be thankful they didn’t leave mark or else mom would have been mad at you. She already said we are addicted to drinks and will get diabetes soon.” Jongin also calls her mother mom. At first it was Mrs. Do when he barely met his bestfriend but he started teasing Kyungsoo’s mom by calling her mom and that she should give Kyungsoo away and adopt him instead. From then on he started calling her mom.

“Not if you don’t tell her and we finish the drinks before you get home. C’mon my treat! I heard they have a new flavor. I think its like some fruity drink called Gummy Bears. It will bomb” Jongin was jumping now and taking Kyungsoo’s arm. “Okay. Just carry my bag its heavy.”

“Pffft! Like that was even a choice” Jongin said while getting Kyungsoo purse and dragging her to his car.


They arrive at the bubble tea place and Jongin order his Gummy Bears drink while Kyungsoo stick with her milk tea. To Jongin's surprise Kyungsoo was the one who paid for the drinks. That’s one thing he likes about her. She always finds way to surprise him. Sometimes Kyungsoo will just buy him lunch out of nowhere or buy him new shirt saying she thought of him when she saw it. Those are the rare moments Jongin will actually admit he's lucky to have Kyungsoo as his bestfriend. He couldn’t have ask for a better one. Even if she was a girl. Girl or not, Kyungsoo will be the best.

“Have a taste of mine. its really good!” Jongin push his drink to Kyungsoo waiting for her to try it.

“What if I get pimples after this?” She pouts but still took a sip of the drink and as she expects its sweet as it can be.

“Then ill help you put facial cream on your face. Promise!”

“How can you drink this? You might as well eat sugar” She gave Jongin back his drink and ends up washing the sweet taste with her milk tea.

“You’re just jelly because I don’t get pimples and you do” sticking his tongue out which Kyungsoo respond with rolling her eyes.

“Woohoo lucky you. must be nice to have perfect ing skin”

“Kyungsoo, you should stop cussing it doesn’t look nice” She knows this. Jongin tells her everytime but she can’t help it. it's a habit now but she tries not to because Jongin is right it doesn’t look nice when girls swears.

“I know. Should I eat soap to clean my mouth?” She ask with a straight face.

“You might as well wash it with laundry detergent” Jongin laughs but Kyungsoo joins him too.

“JERK!” she said throwing some use tissue at her bestfriend.

“But seriously though…” Kyungsoo starts. “I did that when you first told me to and Dove does not taste good at all. Maybe I should try a different brand next time.”

That is how they spend most of their afternoons. Talking or teasing to each other. Sometimes they will hang out at the park or likes this, go out for a drink and just relax.  Or go to the others house and do homeworks. But its not like everyday they do this. They have other friends too. Jongin will do whatever guys do with his other friends. Same for Kyungsoo. They do have some mutual friends but most of the time they just like spending time with just the two of them.


They arrive at Jongin’s house a little while ago and now are watching some reality TV where girl pulls each other’s hair and guys have with just about any girls they see.

“Won’t it be gross to have somebody’s saliva in your mouth?” Kyungsoo ask. Jongin needs to remember that his bestfriend is innocent and hasn't had her first kiss yet and he doesn’t want to ruin it for her.

“You don’t really think about those things when you kiss someone. You kinda just go with the flow.” These are the times Jongin will teach Kyungsoo life lesson and how to not up when she is in that kind of situation.

“But how do you even go with flow when you don’t know how to do the flow? Am I making sense or ?” She waits for Jongin to answer her hoping he gets what she’s trying to saying. But she thought of another question

“I can’t get pregnant with just kissing a guy right?”

'Somebody needs to get laid soon' Jongin thought.