Chapter 7

Whatever We Are

Because when realization hits you, will hurt.


Chanyeol is not one to mend on people’s business that is why he left Jongin and Kyungsoo to fix their problems. But he didn’t escape Krystal’s deathly glares when they were far away from the two.

“Yah! Chanyeol what the was that?” Krystal snaps at him

“That is something you don’t want to get involve with” He said as he watch the two talk or maybe Jongin screaming.

“and why not? Can’t you see that Jongin totally likes me?”

“Like you? Dear cousin it doesn’t mean you’re pretty guys will fall in love you in an instant and Jongin is no different. He may think he likes you but in reality those two are meant for each other soo just go find somebody else” Chanyeol stated.

He doesn’t want to be the mean guy but its clear to him that Kyungsoo likes Jongin and vice versa but they just to dumb to realize it and sometimes he just need to knock some sense into his cousin’s empty brain

He sees Jongin gets up from his seat and he thinks their conversation is heading for worse.

“Whatever. He can go with that girl for all I care. I’m out of here”

Chanyeol doesn’t even bother saying bye to his cousin and just kept his eyes on the two birds fighting. When he sees Jongin drag Kyungsoo off to somewhere he follows them immediately. His gut is telling him that this won’t end well.

He stayed quite far from the alley where Jongin and Kyungsoo are talking now to give them privacy but once he hears Kyungsoo scream he runs to see what is it about and the moment he saw Jongin forcefully kissing Kyungsoo his blood boiled up and immediately punch Jongin in the face. He took a hold of Kyungsoo taking her away from Jongin.


That is how they end up sitting on sand watching the wave crash to the shore.

Kyungsoo hasn’t said anything on their way here and Chanyeol won’t pressure her into saying something. He knows that she’s still in shock of what happen. He patiently waits for her to speak and at the same time just enjoy the sound of the waves.

“That er stole my first kiss!”

That is not what Chanyeol had expected her to say first but he’ll go along with it.

“Uhm I guess? Are you okay though?” he asks her. Chanyeol doesn’t really know to comfort woman about having their first kiss stolen.

“Yeah I guess. I’m just tired a lot of things happen today that I just want to forget”

Kyungsoo doesn’t know where to start first. She doesn’t know if she should still get mad at Jongin for ditching her, cussing at her, and calling her a . Or get mad at him for stealing her first kiss. She wanted to save that for her future boyfriend.

“You like him”

“Who?” She knows that Chanyeol was not asking her but stating the obvious but its just natural for somebody to ask why.

“Jongin” He revealed and he’s pretty sure Kyungsoo will deny it

“I don’t like him. He’s just my dimwit bestfriend that doesn’t care about my feelings”

There is no way that she has feelings for Jongin.

Nope.

“It’s pretty obvious Kyungsoo. Even I, who don’t know you guys really well can see that you both have feelings for each other.”

Kyungsoo brought her legs up to her chest and wrap her arms around it suddenly feeling cold and Chanyeol’s jacket is not enough to keep her warm.

 It took a while for her to respond because really how do you even reply to that.

She just knows Jongin is her bestfriend and that’s all there is to it. the same goes for Jongin.

“How do I even know I have feelings for him?” She turns her head to look at Chanyeol who is in deep thought.

“You don’t really know when. It may sound stupid but you just feel it. I can’t tell you how it feels for it is different for every body but with they way things ended today it's a guaranteed that you like him. You got jealous because he was spending time with Krystal when its suppose to be you he’s paying attention to”

Chanyeol watches as Kyungsoo furrow her brows. Seriously if he could create a powerpoint to show her what he means then he’s pretty sure she will get it by now.

“But I’ve seen him with different girls and it didn’t turn out like this. This is the first time our fight was this bad.”

Why are feelings soo complicated?  Kyungsoo thought. She’s not good in this department. She needs her unnies to tell her on point or else she’ll never get it.

“Because during those times you only see Jongin as your bestfriend but now you see him as something else. Like more than just bestfriend.”

Kyungsoo nods at Chanyeol waiting for him to continue.

“Look I’m really bad at this talk and I’m pretty sure my girlfriend can help you way better than I can. You should really meet het btw but anyway what I’m trying to say is see Jongin in a differently prespective. Not bestfriend Jongin but man Jongin maybe then you’ll see what I’m talking about”

She replied with an okay but truthfully, Kyungsoo has no idea what Chanyeol means but she gets the part of seeing Jongin differently and maybe she’ll try to when his sorry bestfriend begs for his life after what he had done today.


Kyungsoo knows that she will forgive Jongin right when he says he’s sorry because that’s how it has been whether it was her fault or Jongin. They can’t stand being mad at each other for a long time. she knows he didn’t mean what he said earlier and he only said that because of the situation they were in. She’ll admit that she was being a baby for not telling Jongin what is wrong in the first and voicing out her opinion then this wouldn’t have gotten out of hand like this but Kyungsoo is Kyungsoo and that’s what she does.

Jongin is her bestfriend and she’s not going to waste time moping around because of one move he did to her. She’ll rather have them spend the rest of the time here having fun than ignoring each other. That was the plan in the beginning and hell she will make it happen.

Her thoughts were interrupted with someone calling her name. Kyungsoo turn around surprise to see Jongin running towards them.

“KYUNGSOO!” Jongin screams.

Kyungsoo doesn’t know what to do. She’s not exactly ready to talk to Jongin right now and she’s scared that he might do something stupid again.

She glanced up to Chanyeol, hoping that he gets the message.

By then time Jongin gets to them, Chanyeol has Kyungsoo behind his back, protecting her in case Jongin does something.

“Kyungsoo, we need to talk” Jongin tried to grab Kyungsoo from behind Chanyeol’s back but was blocked by Chanyeol’s arm

“GET THE OUT OF THE WAY”

“Dude I don’t think this is the right time to talk to her right now. You need to cool off” Chanyeol said as he took Kyungsoo’s wrist and drag her away from Jongin.

However, he was not successful as Jongin grab Kyungsoo’s other wrist to prevent her form going anywhere.

“Kyungsoo, we need to talk I’m so-“

He was cut off as Kyungsoo break free from Jongin’s grasp.

“I don’t want to talk right now Jongin”

Jongin can see her eyes are tearing up again and he wishes he could wipe those tears away.

Kyungsoo turn around, back facing Jongin, went toward Chanyeol, who had his hand held out for her to take, which she gladly accepts.

The two started making their way to the pier but was once again stop when Jongin grab Kyungsoo’s arm forcing her to face him.

“No. We’re going to talk about this right now” Jongin firmly stated

Jongin’s grip on her is hard.

“Jongin let go. You’re hurting me. Please let go” She looked up to Jongin with teary eyes. In any given day he will give in if Kyungsoo looked at him like this but he just wants to get this over with.

“Please Jong let go” Kyungsoo beg once more.

Chanyeol having seen all the drama had enough of it and yanked Kyungsoo awat from Jongin

“Dude, Can’t you hear her? She said let go” he hid Kyungsoo again behind his back.

He thought by punching Jongin back in the alley would bring his brain back again and actually do something right but he was wrong.

“CAN’T YOU MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS? WHO THE ARE YOU ANYWAY?!” Jongin hissed.

Chanyeol was about to say something back when Kyungsoo beat him to it.

“JONGIN CAN YOU JUST STOP? CAN’T YOU BE MATURE FOR ONCE? ITS BAD ENOUGH THAT THE NIGHT TURNED OUT LIKE THIS BUT I’M NOT GOING TO ING LET YOU TALK BAD ABOUT CHANYEOL WHEN HE WAS THE ONE THAT WAS THERE WHEN YOU ARE TOO BUSY WITH THAT GIRL KRYSTAL. SO PLEASE JUST STOP!”

To say that what Kyungsoo said didn’t hurt would be an insult to Jongin. Sure, she had scream at Jongin before but this is the first time that he heard her like that.

She sounds so hurt.

“Please let me just exp-“

“Chanyeol, please take me home” Kyungsoo turn around.

She doesn’t want to see Jongin right now. Kyungsoo will forgive him but not right now. Right now all she wants to do is go to sleep and maybe when she wakes up tomorrow everything will be fine.

Maybe.

“Okay” Chanyeol said as he took Kyungsoo’s hands holding it tight.

Jongin doesn’t know what hurts most, the cut on his lip or watching some guy take Kyungsoo away from him.

He choose the latter and vowed to never let that happen again as it will be his goal to make Kyungsoo his.

Not as Bestifriend but his other half.

Girlfriend.


Although, Kyungsoo really wanted to go home to her own house but she has no choice but to go back to grandmother’s house, where there’s no way out of this problem.

She bids Chanyeol goodbye and thanked him for everything he had done for her today. Also, apologize for how Jongin acted.

“If you need anybody to talk to just text me!” Chanyeol screams at her when he was a few feet away.

“I will thanks Chanyeol!” Kyungsoo waves at him.


Kyungsoo knows that Jongin is dumb enough to hide the spare key under the welcome mat on the step.

She was welcome by darkness, which is exactly how to she feels right now, dark and empty. And the only one that can shine through it is the one that cause all of this in the first place.

Kyungsoo made her way to Jongin’s room to get pajamas to change on. Its either she’s sleeping on the bed or on the couch because there is no way that they will be sleeping on the same bed tonight.

She opted for the bed.

Jongin can sleep in the couch for all I care.

Once she was done washing, she tuck herself in the bed and soon sleepiness got her.

And maybe she was dreaming or just really tired when Kyungsoo hears somebody whisper, “I’m sorry”

The warmth that envelops Kyungsoo lull her to sleep.