Chapter 3

Whatever We Are

 

Because Jongin hates nail polish.


There is one thing that Kim Jongin can’t stand and its not because Kyungsoo might have experimented on him, nope definitely not. Jongin can’t stand nail polish and why women make a big deal of which color they should apply. Red, black, or pink they’re all the same and if you’re like Kyungsoo most likely you will take it off the same day and replace it with another color. So when Kyungsoo called Jongin on new years eve, he’s not surprise that she ask him what color she should apply on her nails. She always does. Whether its New Year, Christmas Day, or just regular day, it's a must for Kyungsoo to have her nails done according to the celebration. Since its New Year’s Eve, of course Kyungsoo needs to have her nails all perfect and that’s what annoys Jongin the most. To Jongin, its just nails. As long as they don’t have dirt or nails that are long enough that will make people question you ‘How can you wipe your with those nails?’, he could careless. But he can’t really say that to Kyungsoo, can he? Nope.

“I was thinking of doing it red you know?” Kyungsoo said on the other line. It’s the morning of New Year’s Eve and she needs to start getting ready even though she has more than 12 hours to get ready but the more the merrier, right? Although, that saying doesn’t really apply to this situation but who cares. And Jongin needs to help her soon instead of just sighing.

“Why red? It will make you look like a and evil. Besides, nobody is going to pay attention to your nails Kyungsoo. Its going to be dark as outside soo why bother.” He doesn’t need this right now. Its barely 8 am and he needs as much sleep as he can get before the midnight comes. “Might as well do something with your face because then people would see that. You know what I mean?” He yawns. Might as well wake up now then maybe take a nap later.

“Eww. I don’t like putting a lot of make up. Mascara and blush-on is just fine with me. Too much make-up leaves my face itchy. I don’t know how gir-“

“KYUNGSOO! FOCUS. NAIL POLISH. REMEMBER?” Jongin half yelled. Why couldn’t she just call Baekhyun instead of him?

“Geez didn’t get laid last night? Boohoo I would have volunteered but you have cooties.” Kyungsoo heard Jongin sigh for the nth time now. Is she annoying? She thought to herself.

“Anywhoo soo yeah I wanted to do red because that's suppose to be good luck. And maybe do white polka dots on it but then I was thinking that’s too much polka dots because we’ll be wearing our polka dots pajama. Oh don’t forget to bring your pjs later. Okay? Soo what should I do?”

From the experiences he had before with Kyungsoo’s nail polish dilemma. Jongin can safely say he knows the art of nail polish and which one goes with what. Although, he wouldn’t admit it to anyone. He’s kind of proud of it. “Fine. Just do red then put some glitters thingy on top of it to I don’t know make it festive?” He’s looking inside of his refrigerator to see what he can eat for breakfast but then soon realize he’s mom didn’t cook anything because there will be a lot of food at Kyungsoo’s place. They're spending the new years there this year. Maybe he should just make Kyungsoo make him breakfast since she did wake him up early. It's a give and take situation he thought. With all of the planning he’s doing inside his head he almost forgot he was still talking to Kyungsoo until he hears a loud scream.

“OMG JONGIN! THAT WILL LOOK GOOD! YOU’RE THE BEST…for a guy who always nags about girl things, you actually have sense. I’m soo proud of you my little Jongjong. You’re learning things from the master! You should be Thankful” She can almost imagine how many women Jongin will take home with the knowledge she’s sharing to him about girl things.

“Since you’re my master, can you make me breakfast? You know you cant let your student die from hungry” If Kyungsoo is in front of Jongin right now, he would totally do the puppy face. He also learned that from Kyungsoo. FYI, his bestfriend is like the master of puppy eyes.

“Why should I do that?” Kyungsoo ask.

“Cause I will jump with you when midnight hits…?” Jongin thinks is soo sad that Kyungsoo still thinks she will grow if she jumps on New Years Day. But its fun teasing her soo he plays along eventhough its super embarrassing since their 20 years old now.

“Deal” Kyungsoo said. Before she can utter another word somebody is knocking at her bedroom door. She already knows its Jongin. You would think since they don’t see each other these days they would miss each other but their houses are right next to each other When she opens it she’s welcome with -hair Jongin clad with white wifebeater and black sweats.

“Soo…” Jongin begins. This is not the first time he has seen Kyungsoo in this morning state but it still gives him shock. “At least cover yourself. I can see the outline of your s. Put those things away”

“Stop staring then!” She walks pass him. Its not her fault she has watermelons on her chest and that Jongin just comes randomly. Also, its not her fault that she’s wearing a white loose top that is kinda see through. But she doesn’t care, Jongin has practically seen her

“I can’t their just huge! I swear whoever will be your first boyfriend is some lucky dude. Didn’t you say you’re like a D or something?”

“SUCH A ERT AND NO! I SAID I WAS JUST C” she yells as she skips down to the kitchen and she wouldn’t admit that she was heading to being a member of the D group soon. Which reminds her she needs to visit Victoria Secret soon to replace her old bras and maybe drag Jongin with her. He likes looking at those lace undies. Jongin is after all.


After eating Kyungsoo’s delicious omelet and drowning it with some orange juice, Jongin decided to stay for a bit. But he slowly regrets it when he sees Kyungsoo bringing out those metal looking things to clean the nails. He despises those things. One time, Kyungsoo was cleaning his toes because she said they look like Hobbit’s feet that have been through mountains of dirt. While she was cleaning his toes, she accidently cut too much nail and it made him bleed. He thought he was going to die.

“Have you been biting your nails Jongin?” Kyungsoo ask as she settles on the dinning table where she would be doing her nails. Jongin admit he has a habit of biting his nails and it drives Kyungsoo insane when he does. His reason was that they’re long and its tempting to bite them. Kyungsoo suggested that she will clean and cut his nails to prevent him. At first he thought it would be a good thing but once Kyungsoo was working on the first finger he regretted his decision. Those cuticle hurts like a !

“Nope!” Jongin beams at her. His proud of it, he went one week without biting his nails. For a guy that’s a record. “I haven’t done that since you cut them. I actually think I have pretty nails now” He shoves his hand towards Kyungsoo who was now painting her nails red earning him a ‘What the look’. “Duhh ofcourse they’re going to be pretty. I’m the one who cleaned them” she starts to apply the nail polish again when she suddenly grin. That face. Jongin knows that face will make him regret that he stayed for a bit but its all to late now.

“Can I paint your nails? Pleaseeeeeeeee”

“NO!”

“Jongin, don’t be a . It will only be tonight then you can take it off tomorrow. Pretty please with cherry or me on top” Remember when Jongin said Kyungsoo is the master of puppy begging eyes? Well her magic is about to start now.

“But I’m a MAN! I don’t do those stuff. What will Sehun say when he sees me with those things on. He will say I have disease or something.” Jongin tried running away but Kyungsoo just grab his shirt with her nail polish free hand and yanked him back at the chair. He really needs to get away now or else the magic will get to hi- Oopps too late. When Jongin turn his head back to Kyungsoo he was greeted with Queen puppy eyes herself. “Fine but just the pinky! That's it! Take it or leave it”

“TAKE IT!”


 

Past noon, Kim Jongin came out of the Do’s household with red and white polka dots nails not just on his pinky but his 10 fingers and 4 toes to welcome 2014.

According to Kyungsoo “You have to welcome 2014 with a bang!” it will be fun she said. Ladies will think its cute she said. But Jongin feels soo stupid and he feels like he has restriction to his movements. Heck, HOW IS HE GOING TO TAKE A PISS!

 

Its almost time for the countdown. Kyungsoo and Jongin are sitting on the couch both rubbing their belly. They are stuffed from the dinner and Jongin thinks its a bad idea to let Kyungsoo make his plate for him. That girl just put everything on his plate and he couldn't say no because it would be rude to mom, not his mom but Kyungsoo's. and to think they will have to jump in a couple of minutes. He just wants to go to sleep right now but a promise is a promise and he is going to jump with Kyungsoo. But he can atleast try to get out of it.

"Kyungsoo, I want to go to sleep. can you just wake me up when its like one minute left?" Jongin slightly turn his head to side and looks at his bestfriend. well more like come face to face with a bunch of hair because Kyungsoo has her head on Jongin's shoulder. "No, you will not wake up if you sleep and we need to jump soo i will have long legs next year." Kyungsoo said as she yawns. clearly she's going to food coma soon. "Okay Soo. Let's just wait."

Couple of minutes later and Jongin is awaken by fireworks and loud noises. He think he sees his parents making out. Kyungsoo's too. Eww parents making out gross. but then he suddenly remember they were suppose to jump and he was about to yell at Kyungsoo but once he turn his bestfriend is sleeping peacefully on his shoulder snuggling to it. He wanted to scream right next to her ear and yell Happy New year but decided that's not nice and he wants to be a good boy. At least for the first day of the year. He opted for just giving his bestfriend a kiss in the forehead whispering "Happy New Year Kyungsoo. Let's make this year ours" then resting his head on top of Kyungsoo.

"Happy New Year Jongjong. Thanks for giving me the best of 2013" Kyungsoo whispers back before giving her bestfriend a peck on the cheek and then went back to sleep on Jongin's shoulder.