Chapter 5

Whatever We Are

Because she's here and thats all that matters.


Skinny Dipping

Skinny-ing-Dipping

There’s really nothing wrong about doing it but its just that maybe somehow when Jongin asked Kyungsoo what she wanted he thought of bags, shirt, or stuff toys. You know, those things that girls normally would want or better yet to treat her out somewhere. But nope, his bestfriend is some weird woman creature that doesn’t think the same way humans do. Therefore, he's stuck with the consequences…Not really.

Two can play the game.

From: Mr. can go himself

I will go skinny dip

As long as you do it too

From: Ms. Alien creature

Pfft! Is that a challenge Mister?

From: Mr. can go himself

Only if you come here it will be ;)

From: Ms. Bestfriend

It’s onnnnnn! OMW! >]

Wtf does ‘omw’ even mean?!


Now now, its not that Jongin is that’s why he wants Kyungsoo to do it. Its just having fun. Besides, he’s really bored and he could really use some company. Who else he should call but Kyungsoo, he knew he wasn't going to last 2 weeks without seeing his bestfriend. Its kinda like a rule thing, once two bestfriend don’t see each other for more than weeks then you guys are not bestfriend anymore. or maybe that only applies to them.

It’s going to take Kyungsoo at least a couple of hours to get there. Enough time for Jongin to start cleaning up his mess, if Kyungsoo sees the place right now she’s going to go on wifey mode and that’s one thing he doesn’t want. When Kyungsoo goes to wifey mode, its like Jongin’s brain cells are getting fried every time she opens to nag about something. Jongin shrugs with just the thought. He might as well start cleaning now.

One problem, where will Kyungsoo sleep?

There are 2 rooms in the house, the master’s bedroom and the guest room, which is the one Jongin is staying at the moment. He can either sleep in the couch or let Kyungsoo take the bed but you see if you’ve been bestfriend for a long time, manners won’t really matter. Neither being a gentleman is. Therefore, Kyungsoo will sleep on the couch.

Or she could sleep with him. He doesn’t care.

Jongin set the pillow and a blanket on the couch. After cleaning his mess on the living room, he made his way to his room to do the same. There’s not really a lot of mess, only dirty shirts on the floor and used cups. He finds a magazine on the bed and remembers the session he had with it last night. Oh good times. But in no way he would let Kyungsoo near the magazine. Though she is a daughter of Satan, she’s still innocent and pictures of guys you know what will only dirty his bestfriend mind. And eventually, might use it against him.

Once he was all done with cleaning, he thought of cooking something for Kyungsoo, his talents is no where near Kyungsoo’s but he knows she’s going to be hungry because of the long trip but opted not too and just take her out somewhere. Maybe at that popular Shack place near the gasoline station. He heard that they’re onion rings are the bomb and maybe they could go to town to look around. There’s supposed to be a festival going on.

Yeah that’s the plan for now.

Jongin decided to just watch T.V. while waiting for Kyungsoo.


No knocks. No doorbell. Only shouts of

“THE QUEEN HAS ARRIVE!!” announced Kyungsoo’s arrival.

Jongin sat up from the couch running towards the front door and engulfing his bestfriend in a big hug.

“Kyungsoo, you’re here. I miss you soo much” Jongin mumbled on Kyungsoo’s hair.

Although surprise, Kyungsoo return the hug with a bigger one, crushing Jongin’s rib in process. “I miss you too Jongin-ah” She then gave him a peck on the cheek.

Jongin is not surprise though, she gives him kisses on the cheek every time but never on the lips. He wouldn’t know how to reach if she ever did that.

“Now let go you smell like fish and sun” She murmurs on his chest.

“Better than having hair smell like car engine” Jongin sniffs her hair and makes a face before moving away from the hug.

“Really?! My hair smells like car engines? Nooooo! Its suppose to have the breeze smell. Stupid sales lady she said my hair will smell good. Its all scam.” Kyungsoo pouts and shakes her head. She moves towards the living room when she spots the pillow and blanket, she turns to Jongin giving him a blank look.

“Please tell me I’m not sleeping on the couch” Kyungsoo ask him.

Jongin rubs his nape feeling guilty, especially with the way she’s looking at him like a kick puppy.

“Noo….” It came out more of like a question than an answer

“I was just taking a nap a while ago that’s why they’re there but yeah you’re not sleeping on the couch… yeah definitely not” Jongin scratches his hair.

Kim Jongin you’re such a wuss. Kyungsoo thought.

“Yeah I thought so. Anyway I’m guessing im going to be sleeping with you?” she lays down on the couch. It’s been a long spontaneous day and she’s exhausted. Although she wants to go out and look around but sleep is all she can think of right now

“Yup! But if you want I can sleep on the couch if it makes you feel uncomfortable” Jongin moves towards the couch hovering at Kyungsoo.

“Nahh we’ve had sleep over many times. I don’t mind.” Kyungsoo yawns.

Jongin feels bad for making her travel here out of nowhere. But technically, she could have said no. Nonetheless, he appreciates that Kyungsoo came and save him from the boredom.

“Tired?” She nods. Jongin gesture for her to scoot over and he lays down next to Kyungsoo. The couch is big enough to fit both of them. She moves around, trying to find a comfortable position.

 Jongin’s chest ended up being her pillow.

“Lift your head for bit” He tells her. When she does, Jongin moves the hairs that were sticking on her face to the side. “There” with the hair out of her face Kyungsoo can feel the warm that comes from Jongin’s skin. She blames it on the wife beater his wearing.

“I miss you. Hanging out with Baekhyun and Luhan is fun but they talk about things I don’t know and I feel left out.” She spoke in a whisper tone and cuddles more on her bestfriend’s side. Jongin can tell that she’s falling asleep.

“Like?” He starts combing her hair.

“Don’t do that. You know that makes me fall asleep in an instant. But they talk about they’re boyfriends and what stages are they in” Although she told him to stop, Jongin continues to do so. Its one of the habit he can’t break when Kyungsoo lays down on his lap or like how they are right now.

“What stage are they in?”

“Something like Homerun. Why are they even talking about baseball? They confuse me” Kyungsoo drapes her hand over Jongin’s stomach lightly hugging him.

 Jongin didn’t hear anything after the homerun.

“Jongin, what does homerun mean?” Kyungsoo ask.

He didn’t think they would have this conversation right now and he tries to find the best way to explain this to Kyungsoo but there is no other way to go about it than to just say it.

“Do you really want to know?” Jongin ask her and she just nods.

“It means . When couple went through all of the stages or base and they say they hit homerun that means they’re having . That’s all that is”

Kyungsoo lifts her head to look at her bestfriend to see if he’s just joking but when she see’s Jongin looking back at her with a blank face, she knows his telling the truth. She puts her back down, replaying with a simple “Oh”. Its not that she's jealous that Baekhyun and Luhan have boyfriends. Honestly, she's happy for them but she wishes that somehow she had someone too.

“Sleep. We’ll have a long night” Jongin turns his body so his facing her, he wraps his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist, and buries his face on top of her head.

Jongin thought that the move might put Kyungsoo in an awkward position but they’ve done this before soo its okay, right?

They drift off to dreamland few minutes later.


Kyungsoo wakes up with somebody lightly shaking her.

“I swear to ing satan. Go away Jongin. I want to sleep more” She turns away from Jongin and goes back to sleep. Well tires too but somebody won’t let her.

“Soo, we have to go now or else we’ll miss everything” Jongin keeps shaking her. He better be thankful that she’s just cut her nails or else he would have cat-like scratches right now.

“Okay I’m up. What’s your plan?” Kyungsoo gets up and moves to the bathroom. She really needs to pee really badly. Jongin is trailing behind her.

“I need to pee” Kyungsoo tells him when she was about to pull down her shorts and sees Jongin just standing by the door looking at her.

“Go nobody is stopping you”

You are .

Left with really no choice, Kyungsoo just did her business. She pulls her shorts down along with her undies. When she was seated, she tried to cover her you know with her hands as much as possible.

“Geez don’t make it seem like I’m a ert” Jongin turns to his side.

“You are! Why are you even standing there watching me pee?” Kyungsoo grabs the toilet paper and did her thing. She pulls her clothes back on and washes her hand

“I can’t even see anything. I only saw the side view of you’re ”

“!” Kyungsoo flicks the remaining water at Jongin’s face.

She grabs her suitcase. Yes suitcase, instead of bringing little bags for different things, suitcase will give her more space. Kyungsoo rolls the heavy suitcase to Jongin’s room. Rolling her eyes to her bestfriend for being such a gentleman.

“Anyway, what is your plan for today? Should I even change?”

“Which one do you want me to answer first?”

“Second then first” Jongin gets the suitcase from Kyungsoo and lifting it on the bed to make it easier for her to look through. Kyungsoo thank all the heavens that Jongin finally notice. “Did you pack your whole room in there?”  He plops himself down on the bed after such a work.

“Just talk”

“What you’re wearing is fine. It will get hot later on soo the short is fine maybe just bring an extra shirt just in case. Annnnnnd I was thinking of getting something eat at the Shack and then go to town. I heard there’s like a little festival going on tonight. What cha think? Also, I want you to meet this girl I met the other day. She was pretty cool and she was the one that mention the festival. It would be fun”

Kyungsoo was born in the city soo she has never been to any small town like this one before and it excites her with seeing things she hasn’t seen before. And maybe, she’ll find hot guys at the festival. Although, she’s not looking forward to meeting Jongin’s ‘friend’. Kyungsoo doesn’t really get along with other girls. Except Baekhyun and Luhan. They always think she’s a or not friendly. She just hopes this girl will be atleast okay to hang out with.

“Sounds good to me. Do you think they will have cute guys there?” Kyungsoo stops looking through her clothes and looks at Jongin in all seriousness.

“Yup! Me” Jongin grins and gets underwear thrown at his face.


The two bestfriend ended up walking to the Shack. They had no way of transportation and since it was just a small town, it wasn’t that much of a distance from the house to the Shack.

Jongin ordered some pastrami and onion rings. Kyungsoo got hot dogs and onion rings. She received a “that’s what she said” from Jongin when she told the guy she wanted a hot dog. Good thing nobody heard it. They just decided to order a large drink to share.

“Soo what have you been doing?” Kyungsoo ask as she takes a bite of the onion rings.

Gosh this onion rings are heaven!

“Nothing going to the beach and check out ladies everyday” Jongin takes a bite of his sandwich and is left with mustard on the corner of his lips. Kyungsoo waits for Jongin to wipe it but her bestfriend is too stupid and doesn’t think when his stuffing his face with food. She stretches her arms towards Jongin, he backs away but Kyungsoo told him to stay still so he does. She wipes the mustard with her thumb and just . Jongin just beams at her and went back to stuffing his food again.

“Is today going to be like Make-It-Up-To-Kyungsoo-Because-I’m-A-Jerk-Day?”

“I swear I didn’t meant it the wrong way. But yeah I guess you could call it that or Bestfriend Day or something like that. Just you and me”

Thinking of spending the whole day with Jongin makes Kyungsoo happy. She hopes that this day will go smoothly and Jongin won’t do anything stupid to annoy her.