Chapter 4

Whatever We Are

Because Jongin has a big mouth and they're not together.


One week.

Jongin and Kyungsoo have been apart for one week and Jongin couldn’t be thankful. If he had choice he would spend most of his time with Kyungsoo, he really would, but sometimes they just have to be apart for awhile so that he can recollect himself and to be honest, there’s just soo much girl stuff his poor brain can take. So when his mom asked him to accompany his grandmother for a week because his dad and grandfather are off somewhere, he gladly took the opportunity. Now, he's enjoying himself by the beach and checking out some boot- Ding!

From: Ms. Bestfriend

Wyd?

Although, they are apart physically but somehow Kyungsoo always find ways to bug Jongin. Ever since he left, from the minute he step out of his house, Kyungsoo has been texting him everyday. He thought about just shutting his phone off but then he’s going to suffer his grandmother’s nagging about Kyungsoo calling her and “Jongin! You’re girlfriend called again. can you just kiss and make up already?” he tried that last time and he will never do it again. Can’t opposite be bestfriends without being thought of as a couple? That is why Jongin just chose to put up with Kyungsoo’s text. To be honest he misses his bestfriend too but in no way he’ll admit that, she’ll make fun of him till the end of the world.

From: Mr. Bestfriend

 What does “wyd” even mean?

From: Ms. Bestfriend

It means what are you doing!

 Ugh get with the program Jongin.

From: Mr. Bestfriend

Why couldn’t you just write that?

 Anyway I was checking out some booty but

thanks to somebody I didn’t see her pass by

From: Ms. Bestfriend

 Riiighhtt as if she would notice you.

 Its okay Jongjong. I’ll still be here for you

From: Mr. Bestfriend

Thanks but no thanks! ><

I can get a lady. just watch

From: Ms. Bestfriend

Been there. Done that.

 Look where we are now.

No bfs and no gfs.

From: Mr. Bestfriend

I feel the love Kyungsoo.

From: Ms. Bestfriend

I love you too Jongjong. Okay gtg.

I need to meet Baekhyun and Luhan.

Miss you. Be back soon :(

First of all what does “gtg” even mean? Jongin thought. Maybe he should get one of those Abbreviations for Dummies book. That way he can communicate better with Kyungsoo and her stupid short words. He replied quickly before he forgets because Kyungsoo will be on his if he forget to reply to her text.

From: Mr. Bestfriend

Okay. Be careful and I miss your face too.

Jongin lays back down and put his sunglasses back on. He just watch families enjoy themselves with each other while the little kids are playing by the shore. He kinda feels lonely now that he is looking at other people and wishes that Kyungsoo were here but regret the thought when he realize that she might make him do something embarrassing. Like do skinny-dipping at night. But that will be alright as long as Kyungsoo does it too.


To be honest, Jongin doesn’t know why he needs to stay with his grandmother. With his grandfather away, grandmother has been out with her friends doing who knows what rich old ladies do these days. Most of the time he has the house all by himself. It was good on the first 3 days but his excitement died down when he basically did everything he could around the house and its not like he can go out with his friends because they’re miles away. Also, he doesn’t know anybody in this neighborhood. His boredom was soo bad that it got to the point he thought about calling Kyungsoo and making her come. But again, he regretted that thought and just settled with video calls. He just got rid of the beach smell by taking a hot shower and now waiting for Kyungsoo to answer his video call. For somebody who was, a while ago, demanding to hurry the up, Kyungsoo is taking her sweet time.

“Finally!” Jongin said when he saw that the ringing sign change to connecting.

“You took forever! I was going to fall asleep waiting for your face to show up” He huffed. He’s now looking at Kyungsoo’s red cheeks and pushed back wet hair.  He figures she also got out of the shower too.

“Sorry, I took longer than I thought in the shower” Jongin could only see her face soo he thought that she was in her pajamas already but his dead wrong. Kyungsoo got up revealing a lot of skin. By a lot of skins, he means the part that the towel is not covering which is from her shoulders up and thigh down. He's not bit surprised. Kyungsoo is really shameless but yet soo innocent.

“I was just kidding. its my first call” Jongin laughs. He’s trying soo hard not to look at the camera because he knows that Kyungsoo is changing and even though his seen his bestfriend almost . He still respects her as a woman. But he did peak once in a while and when he saw that she was atleast in her undies, bra and , he didn’t look away and just watch her pick out a pajama. Kyungsoo picked a pororo one, the exact samething Jongin is wearing now.

“Pororo much Kyungsoo?”

“Speak for yourself. I figure that if we are going to have a bestfriend night, we need to match our pajamas! and I haven’t gotten a chance to wear this ever since you bought them” Kyungsoo said. After putting on the pajama, she started to comb her hair. Jongin knows this is going to take forever. Kyungsoo just soo happens to have long thick black hair that gets easily tangled. At least she’s not anymore Jongin thought.

“I feel the love Soo. I bought these pairs like 2 years ago and you’re barely wearing them now.” Jongin moves to his bed and lay down. He then grabs a pillow to put on top of his stomach to put his iPad on top of it. Jongin watch as the video started moving in different position. He figure that Kyungsoo was making herself comfortable too.

“Love you too!” She said. Her face was now showing and it seems like she’s in the same position as Jongin.

“You should really stop saying that. You don’t even mean it” He pouted. Jongin knows that Kyungsoo does care for him but when she says it like that it seems like she just saying it for fun.

“Ofcourse I do! What makes you think I don’t?”

“Cause it seems like you’re just say it for fun and it doesn’t feel sincere” Jongin is the type of person that when he feels trouble about something or he doesn’t like someone he will tell them straight up. Kyungsoo knows that.

“Fine. I’ll never say that I love you. Since you don’t like me saying it.” He watched as the video moves again and once it was settled, Kyungsoo was on her side with the blanket covering most of her face.

“I didn’t mean it like that. It’s just that-“

“I get it I won’t be careless with my words anymore.” Kyungsoo interrupted.

Jongin already knows that he ruin the mood with his big mouth and Kyungsoo already took it the wrong way. She can be stubborn and act like a real baby, like how she is right now. He feels bad because he ruin their bestfriend night with his big mouth.

“I’m sleepy Jongin. I’ll talk to you tomorrow. Night” Before Jongin can even say something the video was cut off and he was left looking at a black screen. Jongin is mad at himself for killing the mood and he knows bugging Kyungsoo will only upset her. Thoughts of how to make it up to Kyungsoo run through his mind. Slowly he fell asleep.


Jongin and Kyungsoo’s relationship is really kind of weird.  They title each other as bestfriends but if you really look into the picture they’re kind of like a couple. The only thing that sets them apart is that they don’t kiss and have . With those two things set aside their relationship can be seen as them being together as a couple. They fight, get jealous, and they spend everyday with each other. Practically everything a couple does they do. That is why a lot of times people mistaken them as being together. They’re use to it but sometimes it gets annoying too because if you ask them, they don’t see each other that way. The thought might have cross in their minds but as of now they’re just bestfriends. That’s all there is.

The first thing Jongin does when he wakes up is text Kyungsoo and beg for his life.

From: Mr. can go himself

Kyungsoo, don’t be mad :( I didn’t mean it that way.

I’m sorry. I’m just stupid for saying those things.

I’ll make it up to you. What do you want? :)

From: Ms. Beautiful

Go skinny-dip and record yourself.

I will forgive you then.