Chapter 6

Whatever We Are

Because, you Jongin!


Before Jongin, Kyungsoo was always a homebody. It’s not like she’s anti social, if anything she can talk to any random strangers off the street, it’s just that being home makes her feel comfortable. When she’s at home Kyungsoo can take off her bra and not give a damn about anything or anyone. However, when Jongin came into her life, he became the home for her. Kyungsoo can be herself with Jongin. She can take her bra off and he wouldn’t care, swear until midnight and he just shakes his head at her, and Jongin is that someone that she can talk to about anything in the world and it won’t be boring. Although, there are times that she wishes he would just shut up. Like right now.

They’re heading to town for the festival and all Jongin talk about is this girl name Krystal. Krystal has a long hair, her smile is beautiful, her body is banging. Krystal this. Krystal that. Usually, when Jongin talks about some girl Kyungsoo doesn’t mind. Most of the times she even encourages him to talk about this stuff because she knows guys needs to vent out their feelings too. But today is one of those days that she just wants him to shut up. She really wanted to like this girl Krystal but if Jongin won’t shut up about her any minute now, Kyungsoo will start hating her and she won’t admit it but she’s jealous. However,  the smile Jongin is wearing right now says it all.

Jongin likes Krystal and as his bestfriend she needs to support him, even if it hurts.

“and she said she took up ballet when she was young. Isn’t that exciting Kyungsoo? I think I finally found the girl of my dreams. We have almost everything in common. What do you think Soo?”  After a couple of seconds of not getting a respond, he tried again.

“Kyungsoo!! Are you even listening to what I was saying?” Jongin halt his steps and turn to face Kyungsoo, placing both of his hands on her shoulder.

“Are you okay?” he looked straight into her eyes

“Huh? What happen?”

“I said were you even listening to what I was saying?” They continue their steps.

“Ohh… yeah I was. Uhm well I guess if you really like her then maybe you can ask her out on a date before you leave town. You know just you and her. Yeah…”

To be honest, Kyungsoo stop listening after Jongin said Krystal has a bangin body. It was just annoying listening to Jongin talk about this girl as if she’s goddess or something. Heck she doesn’t even talk about Kim Woo Bin like this and that says a lot because Woo Bin is her husband and that's that.

“Oh maybe tonight can be our date or something. Are you going to help me Soo?” Jongin wraps his arm around Kyungsoo shoulder.

“But wasn’t tonight suppose to be our night. You know Make-It-Up-To-Kyungsoo-Because-I’m-A-Jerk-Day?” Kyungsoo turns her head to look at Jongin. Her nose is only a few inches away from his cheek as she watches him in deep thought and she already knew whatever is going to come out of Jongin’s mouth right now will not make her happy.

“It’s still is. Maybe do both at the same time. We can all hang out together soo I will be making it up to you but at the same time Krystal is with us. Oh! And she said she’s bringing somebody. Hopefully it's a guy, that way it’s like a double date! Omg I’m so smart. It's like killing two birds with one stone and maybe whoever is her friend is your type. Soo what do you say? You’ll help me right?”

You’re a Jongin. Its suppose to be OUR night.

She wants to say no to Jongin and give her a piece of her mind but that’s not what bestfriends do right?

Bestfriends are supposed to be your wingman. Even if they have to be put aside for a while as long as they help each other out. Jongin’s bestfriend is Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo is Jongin’s wingman (or wingwoman?). therefore, Kyungsoo has to help Jongin.

“Fine”

“Don’t worry Kyung, I will get you the biggest teddy bear!”

You better.


By the time they arrive at the festival it was already pack with a lot of people and since it was such a small town it seems like everybody came down to enjoy themselves, hence the reason why Kyungsoo is getting squished right now with giant country people. Other than that everything looks festive. There are lights hanging above their head, different booths set up along side the rode, and there’s even Ferris wheel all the way at the end. Kyungsoo made a mental note to ask Jongin to take her there later.

Jongin held Kyungsoo’s hands as they make their way into the crowd. People will definitely think they’re going out with their fingers intertwine together. But Jongin will not take the chance of his bestfriend being lost.

Krystal had texted him earlier to meet her up by the hot dog station.

Getting a sight of the hot dog station, Kyungsoo can already tell who is Krystal base on Jongin’s description earlier and if she wasn’t in shock right now then she would have ran to the nearest restroom and fix herself to atleast look presentable. But in no way she would look like Krystal with her summer dress and lose curls falling over her head with just enough make up to make her glow.

Kyungsoo already know she lost.


When they arrive at the hot dog station Jongin let go of her hand but Kyungsoo tried not to let it bother her. She told herself that she will behave or try to.

“Hey” Jongin greets Krystal.

“Hi!” Krystal says waving a little to Jongin but once she settled her eyes to Kyungsoo her smile was long gone.

Nope Kyungsoo do not like her.

Call her a but she does not like Krystal one bit. Even if she didn’t take the time to get to know her, Kyungsoo already know they won’t get a long and the night will be a long one.

But again as a bestfriend of Jongin. She will try, for him.

“Krystal, I want you to meet my bestfriend Kyungsoo.” Jongin move slightly to the side to let the two ladies greet each other.

“I’m Kyungsoo. Jongin here won’t shut up about you” she says in a playful tone or hopefully in sounded like that. She offers her hand to shake and she may or may not have shaken it hard.

“Krystal. Really? I would tell you the same but I haven’t heard a word about you from Jongin. Hopefully tonight will get to know each other more” She smiles.

Kyungsoo felt a tug in her heart. She doesn’t know if she’s sad or mad. She turns to face Jongin as he smiles at her as if he’s saying sorry. Kyungsoo knows she doesn’t have a reason to be mad at Jongin. Its not like its mandatory for him to mention Kyungsoo in every conversation he has or when he meets new people. But for somebody to say it directly to her face, hits her hard.

She hears a cough on the side and turns her head.

“Oh I forgot!” Krystal says as she grabs the tall man behind her.

“This is my cousin Chanyeol. He just arrive today soo he tagged along here” She tells them. Well more like she tells Jongin because it seems like she only sees him.

They exchange introduction with Chanyeol and unlike Krystal, Kyungsoo can see herself getting along with him.

Maybe tonight won’t be soo bad after all.


The group roams around the town to look at what they can do. Like Jongin had said earlier it, it looks more like a double date with Krystal and Jongin ahead. Of course, Krystal felt the need to hold Jongin’s hand. Behind is Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. If it wasn’t for Chanyeol then Kyungsoo would be long gone.

“Do you live here?” Chanyeol starts a conversation with Kyungsoo

“Oh no. This is Jongin’s hometown. I’m just here because of a bet” She didn’t forget the bet and hopefully Jongin didn’t either. She’s really looking forward to it. at least she want that plan to go smoothly.

Kyungsoo appreciates Chanyeol entertaining her and she doesn’t want to be a drag. So she decided to just enjoy her time for now.

Chanyeol ask her what is the bet about. Kyungsoo finds herself laughing when he suggest how to make it more like a hell for Jongin. Although, the ideas are good like make Jongin walk in the pier with his boxers, but she’s not that evil.

And eventually, she told him what today was suppose to be.

She should really stitch sometimes for telling people stuff that shouldn’t be said.


During the first hour everything was going smoothly. Jongin is having his “date” with Krystal while Kyungsoo was with Chanyeol laughing about who knows what. The pairs even decided to part ways. Krystal and Jongin are going to face painting while the other two went to shoot some balls. More like Kyungsoo watches Chanyeol beat little kids with basketball.

After the game Kyungsoo sees Chanyeol running to her. Hiding something behind him.

“Here” He says as he brings out a big teddy bear infront of Kyungsoo. The bear is almost at her height and Kyungsoo wonders how many kids cried because of this.

“What is this for?” She takes the bear from Chanyeol.

“Silly, its for you” He ruffles her hair as they make their way to one of the tables. Chanyeol claiming he’s exhausted from all the work he did

Kyungsoo sat in between Chanyeol and the bear.

“Why?” She ask him offering him a bottle water that she bought when Chanyeol was playing. She figures he will be tired and she was right.

“Thanks”, Chanyeol gulp half of the bottle and proceeds to talk again, “To make you happy. I can tell that today is not really going as you plan and you got stuck with me so I wanted to be a gentleman and make sure you are enjoying yourself.” He explains.

“You didn’t have to Chanyeol. And being stuck with you is not a bad thing. Actually, if it weren’t for you then I would be sleeping right now. Atleast you’re not like my soo called bestfriend who ditch me”

Kyungsoo laughs to lighten up the mood but it came out dry.

“Ahh forget about those two let’s just enjoy ourselves. Okay?” Chanyeol pats her head.

She’s really thankful that Chanyeol is here. If he weren’t here then she would have to endure Krystal and Jongin together. Especially, Jongin flirting with Krystal and She will take anyday with Chanyeol to not see that.

“Do you want something to eat? My treat” Kyungsoo stands up and for once she’s towering Chanyeol

“A funnel please!” He beams at her

“Funnel it is then Mr. Park!”  She made her way to the funnel stand ordering two strawberry funnel

While she waits for her number to be called out she looks around her and just her luck the face painting is right next to the funnel stand and she can clearly see Jongin holding Krystal's face with his left hand while the other is drawing something on her cheek. And Jongin smile didn’t go unnoticed.

Kyungsoo tried to look away because she didn’t want Jongin to see her but it was to late when Jongin slightly turn hir head and saw his bestfriend looking at them. Kyungsoo turn her head just in time, wishing that the cashier would call her number soon.

Jongin tried calling her but Kyungsoo pretended to not hear it.

She heard her number being called out and grab her order as fast as she can because she saw Jongin and Krsytal making there way to her. After she grab her order, she speed walk to Chanyeol still ignoring Jongin.


Its either Kyungsoo needs to get her ears check out or she’s ignoring him that’s why she didn’t turn when he called her. Jongin decided it was the latter.

Jongin followed Kyungsoo, Krsytal behind him fingers still twine together.

“Yah, Jongin. Slow down!” Krystal whines

“Sorry” Jongin halfheartedly responed. Making his goal to follow Kyungsoo.

When he finally saw his target he found her eating with Chanyeol and laughing about something. He also saw the huge teddy bear right beside Kyungsoo.

Jongin is hoping to god Chanyeol didn't get that for Kyungsoo because the his .

“Kyung, I was calling you” Jongin said when they arrive at the table. Pushing out the chair for Krystal to seat on and since there are only four chair around the table, Jongin grab the teddy bear and set it in the ground. Receiving a look from Kyungsoo.

“What” he ask her

“Why did you put the teddy on the floor?” Kyungsoo was giving him deathly glares.

“Soo I can sit? Its just a teddy bear” He shrugs.

No er its not just a teddy bear. It's a teddy bear that Chanyeol got for me while your was making googly face with that over there because unlike you Chanyeol is actually a gentleman. Stupid Jongin. Kyungsoo thought but in no way she was going to say it out loud.

Although it may seem a stupid reason to get mad for but her patience was running on a thin line today and she’s just really thankful to Chanyeol for working hard just to get her the teddy bear. And placing the white fluffly teddy bear on the dirty ground was just rude for her.

“You could have ask” Kyungsoo turns back her attention to her funnel. Not relaly eating it but poking it.

“Well I didn’t know. Who is that for anyway?” Jongin started poking the teddy bear

“Chanyeol got it for me” Kyungsoo stated

“Oh…” was all Jongin could say.

He doesn’t know why he suddenly feel mad at Chanyeol for getting Kyungsoo something and annoyed at himself for not getting Kyungsoo that something. It also doesn’t help that Kyungsoo sees the teddy bear that Krsytal is holding.

Jongin also knows that they didn’t get to spend time at all but Kyungsoo was the one that went with Chanyeol soo he went with Krystal.

Everything is just not going as plan

Chanyeol sensing the aura around him, decided to be the good guy.

“Cuz, lets go get something to drink” He grabs Krystal before she can protest.


“What did you and Chanyeol do?” Jongin tries to lighten up the mood

“Stuff” and clearly Kyungsoo doesn’t want that to happen.

“What stuff?” He tries again

“Just” Kyungsoo said.

She eyes the teddy bear and wants to cry because that’s suppose to be her teddy bear not Krystal.

“Nice teddy bear” She scoffs. “it even comes with a rose. What, should I just stay at a hotel tonight?”

“What’s your problem?” Jongin snaps at her. Clearly Kyungso is being a pain in the when he’s just trying to lighten up the mood.

“Nothing”

“I know you and clearly there’s something because your acting like a baby right now”

He doesn’t understand why Kyungsoo is mad all of a sudden. He thought that they were just doing the plan soo he went along with it. Although, he might have spend a little too much time with Krystal and he hasn’t spend atleast five minutes with Kyungsoo. Also, the teddy bear might add to that but she should be mature and understand it.

“How am I acting like a baby? When you’re the one who’s all of a sudden yelling at me” Kyungsoo yells back at Jongin.

They were received looks from the people around them but like any time they fight they could give a about anyone right now.

Jongin grabs Kyungsoo’s wrist and drags her. Not really knowing where to go but just any place that is secluded enough for them to talk.

“Jongin let me go!” Kyungsoo tries to free her hand but not really making any difference with how tight Jongin is holding her.


They end up in a small alley between two buildings just behind the Ferris wheel. Jongin let her hand go and walked a little bit ahead of her.

Kyungsoo has her head down just waiting for Jongin to say anything. afraid that if she opens it might make the situation worst and she’ll end up crying.

“What's wrong with you?” Jongin turns to look at his bestfriend. He doesn’t know what the is going on right now but hopefully Kyungsoo will tell him

“Nothing” Jongin just lost it. Why does Kyungsoo have to act soo immature right now.

“ you! I try to be the good man and ask nicely what is wrong and then you want to be immature and not fix this , just tell me already! I must have done something wrong for you to be acting like a ”

Jongin took a second to catch his breath but as soon as he realize what he said his mouth drop open watching as Kyungsoo lift up her head. Tears barely visibly in the dark alley

“Really? I’m a now Jongin?” Kyungsoo knuckles turn white.

“No Kyungsoo I didn’t mean it that I just…” He moves towards her but Kyungsoo steps back.

“No no you clearly made your point…” She keep walking back as Jongin try to hold her.

“I’m sorry for being a and ruining your date with Krystal. I didn’t know wanting to spend a day with my bestfriend was such a bad thing. But Jongin, you’re the one who said tonight was going to OUR ing night. Remember just you and me? So tell me why the am I acting like this. Is it because we haven’t spend atleast a minute with each other when it was suppose to be our night. Is it because Chanyeol was the one who was there to cheer me up and get me a ing teddy bear when my bestfriend said he was going to be the one to get me that but in reality he got it for other people?”

Jongin wants to tear off all of his hair. Kyungsoo is making small things into a big ing deal.

“Then you should ing said so! Does it always have to be me to make the move? You and Chanyeol could have come with me and Krystal then we could all have a good time. Then you won’t be ing about it right now”

He huffs and wait for Kyungsoo to say something but she doesn’t she just keep crying. Losing his patience he made his way to Kyungsoo and hugs her tightly

“isn’t this want you want?! Just you and me. Then here I’m already here!”

Kyungsoo squirms and tries to push Jongin away but he just keep tightly hugging her. She doesn’t like how this feels. It doesn’t feel like the hugs that Jongin gives her. it makes her feels uncomfortable. Her home feels like hell she wants to break free from. This is not her home. This not her bestfriend.

“Jongin let me go!” She screams.

Kyungsoo kept pushing him away but he won’t break.

“You’re hurting me Jongin! Let me go please!”

Jongin let her go to only have her agaisn’t the wall trap between his arms. He just wants this to end. He doesn’t have a ing a idea was the main reason of their fight but he just want an end to all of it.

“You said you want to spend time with me. Look I’m already here soo let’s just drop everything and enjoy the festival” He looks at her tear face.

“NO! I hate you Jongin! I hate you! You’re hurting me!! I hate you!! Go away and be with Krystal! I don’t give a ! you Jongin I hate you” Kyungsoo kept hitting Jongin’s chest and he tried to stop her but fail.

Jongin is not thinking. He just want to shut Kyungsoo up

So he harshly cup Kyungsoo’s face and forcefully smash their lips together that it cut Kyungsoo lips. Kyunsoo squirms under Jongin hold. The next thing she sees is Jongin on the ground holding his bruise cheek.

“Dude, you know better than to treat a lady like that” Chanyeol glares at Jongin.

 Jongin sees Chanyeol grabbing Kyungsoo’s wrist and they took of running.