Chapter 9

Whatever We Are

Because have already !


“So you’re saying you guys kissed?”

“For the hundredth time Unnie, YES! YES! We kiss! Tongue and everything! Well not exactly everything but you get me”

“But you guys are not together?”

Kyungsoo facepalm at Baekhyun and Luhan’s stupidity, seriously sometimes if it wasn’t for their pretty faces then these two will be nothing. It’s like they only use their brains when they want to impress guys. Which by the way, works everytime. Just ask Kris and Sehun

After the day of full kisses, Jongin and Kyungsoo only had two days left before they go back to the city. They mostly spend it by watching movies inside the house because it was too hot to go outside. Neither one talked about what had happened the day before.

Kyungsoo didn’t want to ask Jongin. She thought that if she asks him then it might seem that she was rushing things. Besides, Kyungsoo doesn’t really know what will happen when they talk about the situation and she’s scared that they will end up in an awkward situation. She’s just going to wait for Jongin to talk first, just to be safe.

And now, just an hour after Kyungsoo arrive at her house, her two Unnies kidnaped her, drove to the nearest café, and they are now trying to squeeze information out of her. It would be easier if the two ladies understand the situation Kyungsoo is in  but it seems like Kyungsoo is just repeating herself. She’s close to pulling her hair out.

Feeling her phone vibrate, Kyungsoo took it out gaining the attention of her two Unnies. They watched as the maknae slide her phone to unlock, a smile automatically drew on her face after seeing a text from Jongin saying that he’s home and they will see each other later at night for dinner. Kyungsoo reply a simple ‘okay, see you later! :)’

“Kyungsoo, you look possessed with that face. Stop smiling like that you’re scaring us” Baekhyun said as she also check her phone to see if Kris message her but frown upon looking at empty inbox.

“I was not. Anyway, can I go home now Unnies? I’m tired” What Kyungsoo really means is she needs to go home and get ready for the dinner later with Jongin.

“You’re not going home until you tell us everything” the eldest of the three said.

“But I already told you guys everything. Even in detail” Kyungsoo frown.

It’s embarrassing enough to just think about what had happen with her and Jongin but to tell somebody else in detail, Kyungsoo could just die. It’s not that she’s embarrass with what happen, its just that it gives her chills whenever she recalls how Jongin kiss her and just ugh, Kyungsoo wish she could taste those lip-

 “Kyungsoo! Focus” Baekhyun snap her fingers

“Wait! What did you say when Jongin said he thinks he’s inlove with you?” Luhan ask.

Kyungsoo took a deep breath, preparing for her speech. Again.

“When he said that I didn’t say anything, I just kiss him. Hard. I mean I couldn’t really talk. Would you be able to talk to? After your bestfriend basically confess to you. I don’t know my feelings towards Jongin. His my bestfriend for how long now and to see him as my boyfriend…its just weird to think about.”

Kyungsoo knows she loves Jongin but she’s not sure if it's the boyfriend kind of love.

How do you even differentiate the different types of love?

“Okay let me ask you this” Kyungsoo turn her attention to her Luhan unnie.

“Will you be okay if Jongin date another girl?”

Kyungsoo shakes her head

“Can you see Jongin as a boyfriend instead to of a bestfriend?” Baekhyun ask this time.

Kyungsoo nods her head

“Then there’s your answer!” Luhan exclaim

“I don’t get it Unnie”

Baekhyun and Luhan stare blankly at the clueless girl in front of them. This girl seriously need to get laid soon they both thought.

Kyungsoo is too naïve

“SHE’S SAYING HAVE WITH JONGIN ALREADY GODDAMMIT!” Baekhyun yelled and seconds later hid behind Luhan when everybody looked at her.

with Jongin? OH GOD!

Kyungsoo needs to get to the bottom of this.

On the way to her house, Kyungsoo’s mind was filled with many questions that only one person can answer and questions that she shouldn’t even be thinking about right now. It’s probably because of the topic her Unnies are talking about. Those topics she doesn’t understand.

For example, how her Baekhyun Unnie is complaining that Kris Oppa is not ‘pleasuring’ her these days and he seemed bored of her. Kyungsoo thinks if Baekhyun is not with Kris, she will definitely introduce her to Chanyeol. Their personalities match perfectly. Luhan Unnie, on the other hand, is having a great life with Sehun.

Those are the things Kyungsoo doesn’t get. things

She bids the two goodbyes but not after Baekhyun demanded that Kyungsoo tells them the details of her date with Jongin tomorrow or else she will dye her hair orange.


Jongin said that he would pick her up around 6pm to have a dinner at some Italian restaurant. That gives Kyungsoo just two hours to get ready and for somebody like her, who tries gazillion outfit before she makes up her mind, two hours is not enough.

After scrubbing every part of her body, cause you know just in case, Kyungsoo asked her mom to help her figure out what to wear.

“Mom, what should I wear? I don’t want to look over the top and all gir-“

“Why are you soo worried about what to wear, who are you going out with anyway?” Her mom asked, as she stands by the door watching her daughter strip infront of her.

Kyungsoo is really shameless her mother thought as Kyungsoo put on her underwear and bra. Water splutters everywhere due to her still wet hair.

“Jongin” Kyungsoo revealed, looking through her closet for something stylish to wear but at the same time comfortable. She thinks a maxi dress would look good since she did get a nice tan from the beach, she might as well show it off.

Kyungsoo took out the only maxi dress she owns which is a simple strapless black maxi dress and a cardigan to go along with it when it gets cold.

“Pfft that’s easy! Just wear nothing and he’ll like it” Mrs. Do stated and started walking off to the kitchen. “why don't you guys just have already but I don’t want grandkids yet. Use protection and graduate first.” Kyungsoo was shock to say the least.

“MOM! Me and Jongin are just bestfriend!!!”

Why does everybody want me to have with Jongin. Am I missing something here?

“Not after tonight!” her mother shouted back.


Ignoring her mother’s comment, Kyungsoo proceeds to fix her hair. If she’s not confident with doing her make-up, Kyungsoo is definitely good at fixing her hair. Maybe its because her mother taught her when she was young, doing her own braided hair at the age of seven.

If she wanted to show off her tan then that only means her hair should be up. She lazily curls all of her hair and arranges it to a messy bun but not messy that it looks bad but messy that it looks good. adding a plain gold headband to make it nicer. 

Kyungsoo sighs as she stares at her very minimal make-up products, which includes foundation, blush, matte lipstick (sticky lipgloss, eww), and her must have eyebrow shadow. If there is one thing she needs to have fixed is her eyebrow. Kyungsoo believes as long as a woman’s eyebrow is perfect there’s nothing else they need. Like what Michelle Phan says less is more. Or Maybe it was Bubzbeauty that said that.

Either way, Kyungsoo focus all her attention on her eyebrow making sure that there are just on point. One tip she gives every girl when they ask her how she makes her eyebrow looking perfect Kyungsoo always says 'Eyebrows are not identical twins but sisters' soo they don’t have to look exactly the same. After that, she slightly made her cheeks rosy with the help of the blush and dap some color on her lips.

After her mom’s approval of her look, she still had 15 minutes before Jongin picks her up. Kyungsoo, like any other lady, use the time to look at herself to see if there is something she needs to fix. Looking at her over all appearance, Kyungsoo feels like her neck is . She thought of maybe just change into something that covers her more but was lazy to think of a new outfit.

Looking through her jewelry box, Kyungsoo found the perfect necklace to place around her neck. It's a heart shaped necklace with 3 diamond stars across it. Jongin gave it to her as a Christmas present last year. She bugged him to tell her how much it cost because Kyungsoo is convinced its fake but Jongin disagree. Till this day she doesn’t know how much it cost.

“Woah~ Honey, you look beautiful” Mrs. Do entered Kyungsoo’s room. Looking at her daughter from head to toe.

“Thanks mom but don’t you think I look tooo girly?” Kyungsoo ask when she looks at herself in the mirror for the nth time.

“Hush you look great. Jongin is definitely hitting the jackpot tonight”

“Mooooom stop~~” she whines.

“I just want to tell you that its okay to have fun tonight, let lose for once. If you’re scared then don’t be because Jongin is there and I’m sure he feels the same way. Remember, there are a lot of guys out there but only one will understand you like nobody does” Her mom explain.

Kyungsoo feels like making fun of her for being emotional all of a sudden but in a way she’s glad that her mom told her what she needed to hear. That everything will be okay. As long as Jongin is with her she will be fine.

She jumps on her bed when it rings and her mom just shakes her head. There are things you can’t change no matter what.

“Hello?”

“Kyung, I’m outside” Jongin’s voice sounds calm compare to hers

“I’ll be down. I just need to wear my shoes” Kyungsoo puts her phone inside her purse, together with her wallet.


As she makes her way down the stairs, Kyungsoo hears her mom telling Jongin that she doesn’t have curfew and he can take her anywhere but to not make her grandma tomorrow. Before her mom makes more embarrassing comments Kyungsoo coughs to let them know she’s there.

Jongin looks up to see his bestfriend. The most stunning woman he has ever seen in his life. Don't tell his mom he said that. Walking up to him and all he could do is smile at Kyungsoo.

“Hey Beautiful” Jongin teased but really he means it

“Hi to you too ugly” Kyungsoo looks Jongin from head to toe. She concludes Jongin will look good in anything but he looks better with a white polo shirt and sleeve just up to his elbows.

“Now kids remember to be safe. Literally”

“Okay mom we get it bye~” She grab Jongin’s arm and drag him out of the house.

Her mom is really embarrassing.

Jongin stop walking when they got to his car, he turns around so that his now facing Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, feels self-conscious all of a sudden when Jongin looks at her. She looks down not meeting her bestfriend’s eye.

“Kyung, stop looking down and look at me” but Kyungsoo is stubborn so Jongin lifts her face with his hands making her look straight at his eyes, while he caress his cheeks. Kyungsoo can’t help but smile and lean at Jongin’s touch.

“You look beautiful”

“Not even” Kyungsoo retorted back.

“Learn to take a compliment” Jongin stated as he pinch Kyungsoo’s cheeks

“Thank you. You’re not bad yourself” Kyungsoo complimented Jongin.

“I know” he smirks at her. Jongin open the passenger door to let her in.

“I take it back. You look ugly” She scoffs but smiles anyways.

Kyungsoo watches as Jongin runs around the car, swiftly getting in the car, and once his in, he smiles at Kyungsoo.

“What’s the plan?” Kyungsoo ask.

Instead of an answer, Jongin just grins at her then proceeds to intertwines their fingers together and kiss the top of Kyungsoo’s hand.

It’s going to be a long night. a long wonderful night

Kyungsoo thought as she watch Jongin drives.