Chapter 12

Whatever We Are

Because Chanyeol likes the floor.


Jongin can’t take off the smile on his face as he drives to Kyungsoo’s house. Today is the D-Day. He will finally ask Kyungsoo to be his girlfriend.

Crazy things have happened for the past two days and it’s all thanks to a certain Noona. When his Yixing noona called him in the middle of his date with Kyungsoo, he thought something bad happen to her that’s why he didn’t think twice of leaving his date. Jongin will admit that he has a close relationship with Yixing but that’s only because they’ve been together since diaper days. However, he knows that is the ultimate reason why Kyungsoo doesn’t like Yixing.

Jongin is not that dumb. He knows that they don’t get along and the fact that most of the time he chooses Yixing over Kyungsoo doesn’t help either.  But that only happen when she's in town, the other times he's with Kyungsoo. but still they hate each other guts. Yixing told him after his birthday party that she doesn’t like Kyungsoo. “She’s too clingy” was her exact words when he had asked why she doesn’t like her. Jongin shrugged her off with “that’s your problem” But he can’t exactly pick between the two, both are special in his heart.

For him, his relationship with Yixing is a bond nobody can understand. They started as being childhood playmates to being bestfriend to once each other’s half. They experience all of their firsts together. From their sneaky touches behind their parents and teachers back to staying late afterschool at the dance room to explore each other’s being. But it all ended when Yixing moved away for college. However, they still kept talking even though they “broke up” already. They didn’t let one mistake get between what they had in the beginning. And that is something only both of them can understand.

With his noona not attending the same school, Jongin took that opportunity to look outside of the box he and Yixing created and explore his surrounding. That’s how he met Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo with long black hair, Kyungsoo with bubbly laugh,  Kyungsoo with milky white skin, and Kyungsoo that captured his heart.

If you ask him how is Yixing different to Kyungsoo, Jongin will simply say “Kyungsoo is somebody I can’t live without. I have to see her everyday for me to function.”


Yixing’s ‘emergency’ was really just her bawling her eyes out that she can’t be with Lee Jongsuk because apparently he chose Lee Boyoung and what she meant by needing ‘someone to talk too’ was rant about how old was the lady and Jongsuk is her soul mate. All Jongin could do was stare at her blankly debating if cutting of her fingers would be a harsh punishment or just simply throw her at the swimming pool, letting her drown will be a better one. But he couldn’t even think straight. How could he when he just left his soul mate at the restaurant probably cursing him to death.

The amount of sorry’s Yixing had said couldn’t pay for the damage she made. She may or may not have forgotten Jongin’s plan on asking out Kyungsoo when he literally told her the day before but eh what can she do she forgets everything. Besides, she not fan of any topic that include Kyungsoo, once Jongin starts blabbering about Kyungsoo then its time for her to sleep.

She doesn’t like Kyungsoo, at first she hated her. Yxing hated how all Jongin talked about was Kyungsoo and she felt that somebody was stealing her Kai away from her that’s why she did all of those mean things to the girl to shoo her away but none of it works. It got to the point that Jongin had to tell her to stop or else he’s the one who will shoo away from her.

Little by little Yixing started liking Kyungsoo but she will never admit it to Jongin because he will make her watch movie with his bestfriend and Yixing’s not ready for that yet. Besides, she enjoys making her jealous. However, Yixing knows how serious Jongin about Kyungsoo and she will help win her back again. She knows its her fault, its only the right thing to do.

Yixing fried her bain thinking of ways to help Jongin and his stupid event for his future babe, that is why they were at the café. Discussing what Kyungsoo will like better but she didn’t think things could go worse when she saw the girl their talking about next to them.

happens Yixing thought as she watch Jongin throwing more tantrums at her. She hopes her plan works soo the two can just kiss and make babies already.


The plan for this glorious day is just to spend time with Kyungsoo and hopefully if everything goes well then Jongin will take her to the beach like how Yixing had plan and that’s where the event will happen.

But for now, Jongin is on his way to Kyungsoo’s house to surprise her with her favorite breakfast which includes French toast drench in caramel syrup, 3 strips of bacon, and 2 over-easy eggs courtesy of iHop. He would make her breakfast but he doesn’t want to start with something bad already, soo iHop will do for now.

Jongin brush off his shoes on the welcoming matt and lightly knocking at the door. He had called Kyungsoo’s mom earlier to tell her about his plan and she’s glad to play along as long as her daughter will stop sulking.

“Good Morning Ma!” Jongin chirps at the lady in front of him, giving Mrs. Do a tight hug. Maybe it's the genes but Jongin swears on his life that all of female in Kyungsoo’s family always look beautiful even if they barely woke up. but ofcourse, Kyungsoo is the prettiest of them all.

“Morning to you too dear. Or should I say son-in-law” Kyungsoo’s mom laughs letting Jongin inside their house.

“Hopefully” he smiles at her.

They make their way to the kitchen and Jongin place all of the food on the island. He looks for the food he had bought for Mrs. Do. When he finally finds the right one, he grabs her by the shoulder pushing her towards the dining table and serving her the breakfast. Not only Jongin will try to win Kyungsoo’s heart but also her family, not that they don’t love him anyway.

“Ahh~ a son that serves me breakfast. What more can I ask for?”  Mrs. Do pats Jongin on the cheek before taking a sip of her coffee.


Since it's still bit early, Jongin accompany Kyungsoo’s mom while she eats her breakfast. Mr. Do left early in the morning for work and its just wrong for him to leave Mrs. Do alone. They talked about anything and everything. Ever since Jongin met Kyungsoo he got himself a second mom, when his parents are away for work, his bestfriend’s parent’s are always there to take care of him and he couldn't be more thankful for that. Mrs. Do is like Kyungsoo too, Jongin can talk to her about anything. Even the things that he shouldn’t be talking about, she gets it out of him.

“So did you hit the jackpot yet?” She gives him a knowing smile that made his face turn beets red.

“Maaaa! You know I’m not like that. Even if I’ve seen  every part of Kyungsoo’s body, I won’t disrespect her” Jongin stated firmly. He may have had urges is the past but he has control over his body and he doesn’t want to scare Kyungsoo. Although, its really really hard to keep his together. especially when Kyungsoo's wear short shorts and a shirt that a deep cut with her just barely showi-

“I know I know son that’s why I’m thankful that she has you. You know our Kyungsoo is very naïve and I’m just scared that somebody will mistreat her but since it’s you, I don’t need to worry much. Just don’t let me catch you guys doing some dirty dirty around the house or else you’ll both be grounded!”

“Promise” Jongin held out his pinky towards Kyungsoo’s mom and she took it with a sigh to relief.


After the breakfast, Mrs. Do help Jongin arrange the breakfast in a plate rather than the take out boxes from iHope so that it looks more representable. He also grabs some Mango juice from the fridge and pours some on  the glass cup that says ‘Princess’ on it.

“Just to warn you, she got home really late last night soo if she looks like a monster right now then im soo sorry for your future” She revealed. Though Mrs. Do was making it a joke but Jongin felt the other way.

Jongin was about to go up the stairs when he hears Kyungsoo mom shout “She might be soo that’s a good thing…well for you”

“Ma~~~” he whines as he makes his way up stairs. Walking all the way to the end of the hall where his sleeping beauty is currently snoring really loud.

Kyungsoo doesn’t snore that loud. Jongin thought.

He balances the tray of food with his left arm and quietly turning on the knob. Its pitch black when Jongin got inside, he tries to remember his way and thankfully he finds a table, or hopes it's a table, and places the tray on top of it. Jongin walks around the bed towards the curtains pulling them apart to let the sunlight in.

He hears a heavy groan coming from the bed with furrow brows because he doesn’t remember Kyungsoo having a brother, Jongin turns around and was welcome with a .

Solid and muscle bared back of a guy. Jongin gapes at the two bodies in front of him.

The guy, who is laying on his stomach face buried in the pillow, Kyungsoo’s lavender color pillow case, turns his head towards the light facing Kyungsoo who is laying on her side buried under the blankets.

It’s Chanyeol.

It doesn’t seem like Chanyeol notice the person standing by the window with his mouth open and goes back to sleep leaning closer to the body sleeping next to him.

Jongin watch as Chanyeol leans closer to Kyungsoo face and before it gets any closer, he shouts his lungs out.

“WHAT THE IS GOING ON?!” he screams making Chanyeol fall on the floor from being awaken harshly.

“Oww!” He hears Chanyeol say from the floor. Kyungsoo stirs on the bed and kick of the cover off her body.

Thank god she’s wearing something but still those clothes are still too small.

Jongin’s head hurts.

Kyungsoo gets up and rubs the night off of her eyes and looks around her bed room. It takes her a minute to realize Jongin is standing by the window.

“Jongin?!” She ask making sure she’s not seeing ghost.

it takes her another minute before realizing what Jongin is thinking right now and she springs off of her bed towards her bestfriend, reaching for him. While Chanyeol, maybe fell asleep on the floor.

Jongin will ignore the fact that his bestfriend is wearing a Hello Kitty short shorts and a white v-neck shirt that goes way too down. He doesn't even want to know if she's wearing a bra or not.

Hell will lose she's not.

“Its not what you think. I-…We didn’t-“ Kyugsoo tries to make her point by pointing between her and the body laying down on the floor.

“THEN WHAT THE IS HE DOING SLEEPING NEXT TO YOU?” She wince at Jongin’s voice. It sounds like he would kill someone right now.

“We didn’t do anything!” Kyungsoo reason.

“I don’t give a if you guys did something Kyungsoo, WHY IS HE SLEEPING NEXT TO YOU?!”

“I don’t know” She mumbles, lightly shaking her head.

Chanyeol hearing all the commotion finally wakes up and looks at his surrounding, realizing the situation.

“Oh !” He says while getting up.

“Yeah oh will be your face after I’m done with it!”

And there goes Chanyeol back on the floor again.