Chapter 10

Whatever We Are

Because his Noona always comes first...always


Jongin has everything planned out tonight. First, they are going to have a nice dinner at the Italian restaurant, then he will take Kyungsoo to the boba place they both like where he may or may not have the balls to finally ask his bestfriend to be his other half. It’s not much but he knows Kyungsoo likes simple things.

As they arrive at the restaurant, Kyungsoo was impress that Jongin had a reservation already. Given that he was away for weeks and to plan everything out was impressive to her.

Jongin specifically reserve a more private booth for their date just soo that they are not interrupted by anybody. At first he was hesitant to reserve this spot for them but with the way Kyungsoo looks right now, with her collarbone showing and her shoulder lightly bronze from the sun. He's glad he made the right choice. 

Jongin just wants Kyungsoo to himself tonight, nobody else but just the two of them.

He pushes Kyungsoo’s chair back for her to sit in and sat opposite of her.

“Do you know what you’re getting?” Kyungsoo immediately ask. Like she always does whenever they go out and Jongin will always say, “You chose for me”

“Uhm okay let me see” Jongin watches as Kyungsoo skim thoroughly at the menu when he suddenly feels his phone vibrate and he ignores it. Whoever is texting him is not important right now. Kyungsoo is the most important person in Jongin’s world right at this moment.

“I want to try their Ravioli but I also want Spaghetti with Meat Balls. Which one should I get?” Kyungsoo looks up from the menu to look at Jongin.

“Get whatever you want beautiful” he winks at her, which earned him an eyeroll.

“I think if they put you on the menu, you’ll be the cheesiest dish in here” Kyungsoo goes back to skimming at the menu.

“But that dish will be your favorite one right?” her bestfriend ask. She looks up from the menu once again.

Kyungsoo wants to say yes because of the look Jongin is giving her is like he's asking for reassurance. That she feels the same way as he does, which is stupid. Kyungsoo doesn’t know what more reassurance Jongin wants after the events that happened a couple of days ago. The kissing at grandmother’s house and at the beach basically screams ‘ask me out already!’ but then again this is Jongin. His stupid when it comes to important things.

However, Kyungsoo wants to have some fun tonight.

“Nahh, I think the Spaghetti and Meat Balls will always be my favorite”

“That’s what she sai-“ Jongin is cut off when his head meets the menu.

“Ouch! Kyung what the was that for?!” he rubs his forehead hoping it won’t turn red but if it did it won’t show because of the lighting.

“You’re gross that what is for!” Kyungsoo hissed at him

Obviously, this date is going nowhere. But Jongin beams anyway knowing Kyungsoo is just making fun of him

Jongin feels his phone vibrate again. This time he decides to tell whoever is texting him that he’s about to get laid (not really, he respects his bestfriend) tonight and they should off. Just in time as the waiter came to their take their order. He hears Kyungsoo order Ravioli and her ‘favorite’ Spaghetti with Meat Balls with two waters.

After she finishes giving their order to the waiter, Kyungsoo sees Jongin takes out his phone. Probably some women will get mad if their date looks through their phone during the date when they are suppose to be talking to the person they’re having date with but Kyungsoo doesn’t really mind as long as Jongin doesn’t keep taking out his phone and actually pays attention to her.

Jongin takes out his phone from his pocket not wanting to make Kyungsoo wait. He opens the two new messages that says ‘Kai, are you busy?’ and ‘I hope I’m not disturbing anything but I just need someone to take to right now’. If it was just not for the situation he is right now, Jongin will call immediately but he can’t. not when he’s with Kyungsoo.

He replies with a quick ‘Busy. Can’t talk right now’ and put his phone back in his pocket.

“Is everything okay?”

“Yeah. Its just one of my friends” Jongin takes Kyungsoo’s hand across the table and twine their fingers together.

“Okay” Kyungsoo looks at their fingers and smiles. All of a sudden she’s feeling nervous. She shouldn’t though, this is just Jongin.

“Did I tell you how beautiful you are tonight?” He reaches over with his free hand to tuck in the strands of hairs that fell from Kyungsoo’s bun. Lightly caressing her cheeks after doing so.

“Just about hundred times now” At her house, during the care ride, the walk to the restaurant, and now. “I’m not even that beautiful” she murmurs. Mostly talking to herself.

“Not in my eyes Kyung” Jongin admitted. He doesn’t know why all of a sudden of these feelings towards his bestfriend are coming out. Its like waves that crash into him and he likes every bit of it.

“Jongin-ah…” Kyungsoo whines. Although, she will admit that she likes the compliments but she doesn’t want her face to turn red. She tries to break free from the hold to pat her cheeks that are starting to feel warm but Jongin just tighten his grip.

“Do I have to eat with one hand?” She asks when he tries once again but Jongin just shakes his head.

“I’ll feed you ofcourse!”

 

But eventually, Jongin had to let go of Kyungsoo’s hand when the waiter came in with their food and their hands were taking up the space of the tables. They both thanked the waiter for the food as he close the door, leaving the two dumb lovebirds alone.

They eat for a while and true to his words, Jongin tries to feed Kyungsoo some of the Ravioli.

“Say ahh~~”

Kyungsoo was going to deny the choo choo train heading her way but she told herself that she will have fun tonight and to hell she will.

“Ahh-“

“OMG! I’m soo sorry. Wait let me get it off” Jongin panicks as the Ravioli is slowing making its way down Kyungsoo’s cleavage and all she can do is stay still.

Jongin slowly pick up the Ravioli with his finger trying not to touch any of Kyungsoo parts but ofcourse the damn Ravioli decided to venture down so he had no choice but to use his whole hand to take out the Ravioli. He hears his bestfriend gasp as his knuckles touches her skin.

Oh they’re soft Jongin thought and tries not to think of anything else as his hand keep making connect with Kyungsoo’s skin. Thank you Ravioli!

Once the Ravioli is finally rescued, Jongin tries to clean the marinara sauce off of Kyungsoo’s chest.

“I’m soo sorry!” Jongin says as he swipes aways the sauce. He knows for sure Kyungsoo will get mad but as he look up he sees her holding her laughter.

“Why are you laughing! I feel like dying here!” Jongin threw the napkin at her face. How can she just laugh when her dress was about to get ruin but good thing the marina sauce didn’t get that far but still! Jongin feels like he lost 10 years of his life.

“Nothing it’s just funny. This is definitely us. No matter how much we try to be serious but we can’t.” Kyungsoo continue laughing and soon Jongin finds himself laughing as well.

“Stop laughing. I feel soo bad for ruining our date and your dress” Jongin pouts

“Oh hush! Its just a dress and it didn’t even get any of the sauce.” She tries to wipe off the red stain but the lighting is making it hard for her to see.

“I-i…uhm I didn’t mean to touch your thingy” He tries to make his point by pointing at Kyungsoo’s s.

“Ohh” Although, she was shocked at first but Kyungsoo didn’t really mind.

“Its really nothing. You have basically seen me soo yeahhh” She wants to say something else but Kyungsoo doesn’t know if its appropriate. Besides, she doesn’t know if it would be even considered at flirting if she says it but either way. Tonight is the night.

“You can touch them if you want I don’t mind.” Kyungsoo says as if it was nothing. She didn’t dare to look at Jongin “I’m going to the restroom to clean up” grabbing her purse and heading fast to the ladies room.

While Jongin is left shocked but above all

Did Kyungsoo just gave me a permission to touch her?! He grins as he thought of how the night will end. But before his head get dirtier than it already is thanks to Mr. Ravioli he feels his phone vibrate continuously. Jongin groans as he checks whose calling him this time time.

 

“omg omg oh ! What am I going to do!” Kyungsoo pats her cheeks as he stares at the mirror. She keeps thinking of when Jongin touch her and its making her hot all over. Kyungsoo tries calming herself by breathing in and out

Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. am I going to lose it tonight. Shhh Kyungsoo breath in. breathe out.

Once the stain is gone and just touch up on her make-up besides the blush because she’s already red enough and fixes her hair a bit. She’s good as new.

Kyungsoo makes her way back to their booth still calming herself. She was about to push the door open when he hears Jongin speak.

Curiosity killed the cat and she listen to the conversation.

“I’m sorry noona. I can’t right now. How about I’ll just call you when I get home?”

Noona…please don’t be it  Kyunsoo prays

There is only one person Kyungsoo knows that Jongin calls Noona and she hopes it’s not the person he’s talking right now.

“No its not that I don’t want to but I just can’t cancel all of my plans” he groans.

Just by Jongin’s voice right now, Kyungsoo knows his torn between wanting to leave and staying. She wants Jongin to stay with her. Not go with someone else but at the sametime Kyungsoo knows how important this person is to Jongin. More important than her, Kyungsoo won’t be able to reach her level.

Kyungsoo decided to let herself in acting as if she barely came. She sat down and watch Jongin nod to the person his talking to at the same time smiles at her and gives her an apologetic look.

She merely returns the smile. All of the confidence she had builds up before the date is wash away in seconds.

“Okay. I’ll try bye”

“You need to go?” As soon as Jongin looks at Kyungsoo after tucking in his phone, he already knows they’re done for the night and he wants to kill himself.

“No its okay. I can stay” He smiles at her and eats his food. More likes poke the Raviolis.

It's a quiet for a few minute.

“You can go if you want to” Kyungsoo tells Jongin as she see him debating to himself if he should go or not.

“No really its oka-”

“Go. She needs you right now”

Kyungsoo doesn’t look up as she says those words. Ofcourse she doesn’t want Jongin to leave. If it was up to her, she would make him stay but she can’t. Not when Jongin’s body is here with her but his mind is wherever his Noona is.

“I’m sorry Kyungsoo. I didn’t mean for the night to turn out like this. I promise I’ll make it up” Jongin says as he grabs his stuff. Once he fix himself, he tries to take Kyungsoo’s hand but she didn’t budge.

“C’mon Kyung I’ll take you home first” Jongin tugs her arm once again but Kyungsoo just shakes her head trying not to let the tears fall.

“No you go ahead. I’ll finish the food. It's a waste of money if we just leave it” she looks up at Jongin and tries to smile.

People might think that Kyungsoo is the second on Jongin’s life after his mother but beyond everybody there is someone that will have Jongin on his feet whenever she needs him. There is no use fighting for her place. Kyungsoo did that before and Jongin didn’t talk to her for a while. Kyungsoo found out later that it was his Noona who convince him to make up with her. These kind of day she wishes he shouldn’t have. It will save Kyungsoo from heartbreak.

“How will you get home?” Jongin ask her. Kyungsoo can just cry at how he didn’t even give a second thought of staying.

“Don’t worry, I’ll call Baekhyun Unnie to pick me up”

“Are you sure?”

Kyungsoo looks away from Jongin and nods her head.

“Go before I change my mind” she tells him. After a few seconds, Kyungsoo tears fell as Jongin gives her a kiss on the cheek telling her to call him when she gets home but Kyungsoo knows he won’t pick up anyway soo why bother.

"I'll make it up. I promise"

She waits for the door to fully shut and broke down.

There is a saying that when a person is too happy, something bad will happen to them. Kyungsoo thought maybe that saying is really true. These past few days have been a blast. Spending everyday with Jongin with no worries. But as she gets to the peak of her happiness like this happens. It always reminds her that she and Jongin have a long way to go before they can both be happy. Together.

Kyungsoo grabs her phone hitting speed dial number 3

“I SWEAR TO WHOEVER IS UP THERE KYUNGSOO IF YOU’RE NOT DYING AND YOU’RE RUINING MY LONG AWAITED TIME WITH MY BOYFRIEND. I WILL PERSONALLY KIL-“

“Unnie, can you pick me up?” Baekhyun bloods boiled up as she hears her baby cry. There is only one person that Kyungsoo will cry about.

“I will ing kill Jongin”