Chapter 8

Whatever We Are

Because kiss kiss kiss baby!


Being in a relationship with your bestfriend can end up in two ways. One, you will fall in love and be together forever. Two, you know too much about them, whether its their flaws or good characteristics, that having a romantic relationship will only ruin what you first have.

That’s the thing Jongin is scared about.

What if being in relationship with Kyungsoo will end up for the worst and ultimately it will ruin what they have. That’s one thing he doesn’t want to happen. Jongin will rather have Kyungsoo as his bestfriend than lose her when she becomes his girlfriend.

But the thing is, he can’t stand seeing Kyungsoo with somebody else. Jongin cursed himself for letting Chanyeol take Kyungsoo away from him and the image of them leaving together was just too much for him to take. And Chanyeol is not even Kyungsoo’s boyfriend!

What more if he was.

No no no!

Jongin already know he ed up big time when he forcefully kissed Kyungsoo. At first, it was only to shut her up but he can’t deny kissing his bestfriend is probably the best feeling he ever felt in his life. And he’ll be stupid enough to let her go.

That’s when he realized Kyungsoo means more to him than just his bestfriend.


Kyungsoo woke up with warm arms wrap around her waist under her shirt and steady breathing against her neck.

Ahh soo I wasn’t dreaming. Jongin slept next to me.

She can either wake up Jongin now and kick him out of the bed because of last night events or take this opportunity to stare at this fine piece of creature next to her.

Yeah I’ll take the second one in any given day. Its once in a lifetime Jongin is this close to me.

Thinking about what Chanyeol said last night, as Kyungsoo stare at Jongin’s face she thought of seeing him more as a man.

Kyungsoo’s ideal type is simple, a guy with a nice smile and someone who will accept all her flaws.

Now, people might say that anybody can be that person but not quite. Kyungsoo is a complicated lady. She’s not like Luhan or Baekhyun that do all the girly things, Kyungsoo is like a guy but not really. She doesn’t like wearing make-up unless she needs too or dress up. And to top it all, Kyungsoo really doesn’t have the manners women supposed to have.

 Baekhyun’s boyfriend, Kris, always says she’ll never get married with the way she lives her life but Jongin is always there to defend her.

Jongin, who has a smile to die for.

Jongin, who accepts every inch of Kyungsoo’s personality.

Jongin, who can be her boyfriend in the future.

Thinking about it makes Kyungsoo nervous. In a way she wants to be with Jongin but is it really worth it to sacrifice their friendship and take this big step in their life?

“If you keep looking at me. I’ll melt” Jongin mumbled as he snuggle closer to her.

Okay, Kyungsoo was not prepared for this.

Jongin was never this cuddly towards her. Of all times why now when her mind is everywhere and it takes her a while to react.

When he didn’t get a respond for a minute, Jongin open one of his eyes and was welcome with a shock face Kyungsoo. He lightly got up, leaning on his elbow and slightly hovering his bestfriend.

“Kyung, are you okay?”

“Uhhh…Why aren’t you wearing any shirt and shouldn't you be sleeping in the couch?” Kyungsoo said in a ‘pissed off’ tone.

Jongin looked down and she was right, he wasn’t wearing a shirt. He was only wearing sweat pants but he clearly remember wearing a shirt before he fell asleep. He must have taken in off during the night.

“It was hot? And seriously you’re going to make me sleep in the couch?”

Don’t pout. Don’t po- pouted.

“ugh whatever’s just go away. I’m still mad at you” Kyungsoo turn her body around so that her back was facing Jongin and covered herself with the blanket.

Even Jongin knows that she’s not really mad but Kyungsoo can’t take looking at his face. Especially with her thoughts earlier, it’s like the little things she didn’t notice before she keeps noticing now and it’s ing up her mind, In a good way.

“C’mon I know you’re not really mad. Please just let me explain?” Jongin tried to get a grip of the blanket to reveal Kyungsoo but she was being persistent

“Then just start talking” She mumbled under the blanket.

Left with no choice, Jongin started talking to a big white fluff next to him.

“I’m sorry about yesterday. I didn’t mean any of it to happen. I’m sorry for not spending time with you when I was supposed to make it up for being a jerk but then I made it worse and acted like an to you. I was mad that Chanyeol got you a stuff toy first before I did. Anyways, I was being selfish. While I was having fun with Krystal, I didn’t think of making it up to you. I know I’m blabbering right now, like I don’t even know the real reason I got mad. All I know is that when I saw you with Chanyeol, I just got pissed” he took a breath.

Jongin doesn’t know how to explain his feelings to Kyungsoo. Everything is just confusing right now

“But Chanyeol didn’t do anything though. If it wasn't for him then it would have been the worst night of my life” The white fluffy blanket said.

“I know. I don’t know what else to say but I’m sorry. Really I’m sorry. I would do anything you want me to do, just soo you can forgive him”

He knows that Kyungsoo won’t let this opportunity pass and he was right when he see her eyes peaking out of the blanket.

Shes a er for this stuff

“Anything?”

Jongin nodded his head.

“Yup! Anything you want me to do, I will do it no question ask”

Kyungsoo sat up against the head bored bringing the blanket up to her chin because her top is made of silk and she doesn’t have a bra, that a big no no no right now. It's a good thing that Jongin’s arm didn’t go past her waist or else it will be a big trouble.

“You know…” she chuckled as Jongin sat on the bed nervous

“You know you still have to do the dare right?”

! Jongin thought she would have forgotten about that by now

“Ye-yes…” He tries to do the puppy eye to save his life from this satan girl.

“That’s not going to work Jongin. Anyway besides the skinny-dipping you have to make-up for how you acted yesterday. First, I want you to say sorry to Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo raised up her hand when she sees Jongin making a protest

“No buts! Say sorry to Chanyeol for being a head. Second, you know I have to the dare to right? Well I’m not going to do that anymore. Its only going to be you”

“THAT’S NOT FAIR KYUNGS-“

“Excuse me but are you yelling at me Mr. Kim?” Jongin whimpers and shakes his head

“Thought so. Lastly, you’re going to do everything I say because YOU ER STOLE MY FIRST KISS THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE FOR MY FUTURE BOYFRIEND BUT NOOOOOO YOU HEAD HAD TO RUIN EVERYTHING” Kyungsoo grab a pillow and started hitting Jongin with it.

“Aw! Aw! Ouch! Kyungsoo! That ing hurts! And stop yelling the neighbors will hear you!” Jongin tried to block the hits with his hand but Kyungsoo kept hitting him saying that he deserve it.

Having enough of man abuse, Jongin tackles Kyungsoo bringing her back down on the bed, completely removing the blanket off of her, and looking straight down at her.

“I’m sorry for stealing your first kiss but if you won’t stop hitting me I’ll steal your second and I can’t promise I will stop. I don’t think you want that to ha-“

“Then do it”

Maybe it's the adrenaline from hitting Jongin that she got all of this confidence or really Kyungsoo can’t deny that she wants Jongin to kiss her. This time properly kiss her.

“I can’t Kyung. I can’t promise that I will be able to stop” Kyungsoo can tell that Jongin wants to with the way his looking at her.

His eyes are filled with something she can’t name.

“Then don’t stop. Jong, I want this.” Jongin caress her cheek before placing his lips onto Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo doesn’t have any experience with any romantic related stuff hence she doesn’t know how to kiss and Jongin knows this. That is why he doesn’t move to fast. Jongin waits for her to be comfortable before he moves his lips against hers.

How the do you kiss?!?!  Kyungsoo thought as Jongin kiss her, his lips gently moving on hers.

Figuring the best way to solve this is to just go with her instinct.

He feels Kyungsoo kissing him back. Little movements that give his whole body spark, especially down under. He tried soo hard to ignore how Kyungsoo top is half up her waist revealing her smooth milky stomach and he didn't know she had a her belly button pierced

Kyungsoo feels Jongin’s placing his right hand on her waist, making little circles to ease her and it did a good job on making her relax. He brought his left hand to cup her face deepening the kiss.

Right there is when Kyungsoo melt. With the way Jongin is kissing her with soo much emotion that she starts to tear up, abruptly stopping Jongin.

“Omg. Did I hurt you I’m sorry Kyungsoo. I shouldn’t have done it” he wipes Kyungsoo tears with his thumb.

“No you didn’t hurt me stupid” She laughs at him. Her bestfriend is really stupid

“Then why are you crying? Was it bad? Omg I ruin your first kiss, now your second. I’m really sorry” Jongin keeps talking and there’s only one way to make him stop.

Kyungsoo took a hold of Jongin’s necking bringing his lips right down on her.

That did the job.

“You just don’t know how to shut up don’t you?” She said as Jongin move away from the kiss.

“I was crying because it’s just too much for me” Jongin lays down next to her bring the blanket over them. Kyungsoo turn around facing him and he took her by her waist bring her closer to him

“I’m sorry” he whispers

“Don’t be. It's a good feeling” Kyungsoo smiles against Jongin’s chest.

Jongin cup up Kyungsoo’s face making him look at him. “Good” he said as he kiss her one more time before they snuggle together and they fell asleep again on each other’s arms.


The next time Kyungsoo woke up she was alone in the bed, scared that Jongin left her, she got off the bed and made her way to the living room.

“Jongin?” She calls out.

“In the kitcken!”

Jongin wanted to make breakfast for Kyungsoo but he doesn’t have any in the fridge so the best way to solve his problem is by grabbing two bowls and filling it up with cereal and milk. Tada! Breakfast serve.

“Seriously? This is all you got?” she sat down next to Jongin looking at the soggy bowl on the table.

“Sorry. This is all we got right now until the house lady comes later and cooks”

“You’re saying too much sorrys today. Its fine I was just kidding. Cereal is fine. I appreciate the effort. Thanks Jongin” Kyungsoo smiles to him.

They eat in silence. Not one mentions anything about the events that happen in the morning. After a while, Kyungsoo starts feeling cold because of the breeze coming through the window. Jongin noticing the goose bumps forming on her skin removes his jacket and covering her shoulder with it.

“Why do you wear something thin?” Jongin rubs her shoulder to build some heat.

“Cause it was hot? Atleast I don’t remove my shirt out of no where” When Kyungsoo sees Jongin about to retort something back she stuff his face with spoonful of cereal.

The two just laugh when Jongin choked on the milk.

He can live with this, Jongin thought. Waking up next to Kyungsoo, having breakfast with her in the morning, and spending the rest of the day with just the two of them.

Jongin had to wash the dishes because as said earlier he has to whatever Kyungsoo tells him to do and that includes cleaning up the whole house and entertaining her when she’s bored which result in Jongin making funny faces and Kyungsoo starring at him with a blank expression.

Things I do for this girl!  Jongin shakes his head but smiles anyway when Kyungsoo laughs at him.


The duo decided to head for the beach before the sunset and Kyungsoo made sure to bring her camera for when Jongin will do the dare.

“Okay its either you do the dare at night or during the sunset. Im prefer during the sunset to you know make it more romantic” Really though Kyungsoo is not going to make Jongin do the dare. She’s just enjoying making fun of him.

“I want to do it at night” Jongin stomps his foot like a little kid

“Suits yourself. I thought it would just be romantic” Kyungsoo nudge Jongin when the man asks for money for their ticket to go inside the pier. The pier was free yesterday because of the festival that’s why Chanyeol and her didn’t have a problem going inside but today is just not Jongin’s day. At all.

He gives the money to the man and didn’t bother waiting for the change as he drag Kyungsoo to the basketball booth.

“Why are you we here?” Kyungsoo questions him.

“I’m going to get you a stuff toy Kyung!”

Today is the say Jongin will make up for his sins and a way to start is by getting Kyungsoo her stuff toy. The main reason of their stupid fight.

“Jong, its okay. I have the one that Chanyeol got me” she tried to drag him out of the booth but he was too strong.

“I. SAID. I. WILL. GET. YOU. A. BEAR.”

“Okay okay! Geez, go ahead and try then” Kyungsoo watch as Jongin shoots the ball and kept of messing up.

“Told yah it was okay”

“No its not! I’m going to get you the ing bear!” after 10 tries and Jongin finally succeed with a small bear that has a shirt with a heart on it that says ‘I LOVE YOU’

Jongin rubs the back of his head as he hands the bear to Kyungsoo. Gosh he really wanted to look cool infront of her but that game was just not his style. Better than nothing right? Kyungsoo tried so hard to not laugh at it because she knows Jongin worked hard on getting it.

She gave Jongin a kiss on the cheek “Thanks I like this one better”

After stuffing themselves with funnel cakes and Jongin telling Kyungsoo that Krsytal was fun to be with, Kyungsoo rolled her eyes, but she was super whinny and was not down to do anything exciting. Jongin claimed that it was one of the worst dates. The two made their way to the shore.

“Do I really have to do this?”

“Yes! No backing out. You have to do this because you were being a jerk” Kyungsoo adjust her camera to get the perfect angle.

“But it’s not even dark yet!” Jongin protest. Looking at the water as if it will eat him any second now

“And your point is?”

“Fine! Let’s just get this over with. Hurry! Theres nobody around!” Jongin removes his shirt.

Bless that ab-

“Kyungsoo! I’m going in already! You better ing get this”

“Huh? Oh yeah…I’m ready” Kyungsoo feels embarrass for starring at her bestfriend abs. She dares anybody to look away. . its hard to keep your eyes away from that fine piece of meat.

Her plan is to stop Jongin when his running towards the beach. Just before his feet touches the water.

Kyungsoo looks at the beach because looking at Jongin getting is something she’s not ready to see yet.

“One…” Jongin starts

“Two… Three!”

Jongin hauls Kyungsoo onto his shoulder and runs towards the beach.

“YAH! JONGIN LET ME DOWN! NO NO NO MY CAMERA!! LET ME DOWN” she starts kicking, trying to break free from the monster that's holding her.

“We’re in this together Baby!!”

Wait did I just hear that right. Did Jongin just call me his Baby?

But Kyungsoo thoughts were washed away as Jongin threw her at the water, swimming right back down to save his princess.

“gotacha!” Jongin steady Kyungsoo so both of them won’t drown

The minute Kyungsoo got her breathing back her hands were on Jongin’s hair and she thank heaven because she can feel the material of Jongin's short.

Thank god he's not ! Phew~

“I will ing kill you when we are out of this! Ugh my camera!” she splashes water at her bestfriend, which resulted in water fight and shouts of different curses known to man kinds courtesy of Kyungsoo.


By the time they got out of the water the sun was already setting. Jongin got a blanket out of the bag that Kyungsoo brought and wraps it around his body.

“Thanks a lot Mr. Gentleman where the is my blanket?” Kyungsoo crouched down, brought her knees to her chest, and wrap her arms around it to create some heat.

“Here”

Jongin got behind Kyungsoo wrapping him and the blanket around her body.

“Better?” Jongin ask her as he rest his head onto her shoulder snuggle closer to her.

Kyungsoo can only nod

They watch as the sun sets in under the water. Jongin thought it would be the perfect time to ask Kyungsoo to be his girlfriend but at the same time too many things happen today and as much as he wants Kyungsoo to be his, Jongin want’s to make sure she’s ready for it.

Even though the sun already set and the darkness replace it, none of them said anything, both enjoying the moment.

“Kyungsoo…”

“Mhmm?” Kyungsoo turns her head to the right to he right, inches away from Jongin’s

“I just want to say sorry again for what happen yesterday. And thank you for forgiving me and not getting mad at me. I don’t think I will be able to take it if you got mad at me any longer”

“Let’s just forget about those things. They’re not worth fighting for” she looks back at the water.

Really its not worth her time to get mad Jongin for those stupid things. Actually, it's the other way around. If the incident yesterday didn’t happen then she would have not realize what Jongin really means to her.

Kyungsoo can feel Jongin’s hand moving her head to face him again so she just let him be. When she open her eyes, her bestfriend is looking at her with those eyes again and she can’t help but to look back at him.

“Kyungsoo…”

“Yeah?”

“I think I’m in love with you”

And that is how Kim Jongin stole Kyungsoo’s not just first but second, third, forth, and fifth kiss.