Chapter 1

Whatever We Are

Because pads are a must!


Bestfriends are the ones who save you from having an embarrassing moment. They’re the one you can count on 24/7. Whether its late at night or early in the morning, they're just a phone call away. But Jongin thinks right now he must be really unlucky to have a bestfriend like Kyungsoo. Its not that Kyungsoo is not pretty or anything. In fact, she’s beautiful and there is a line of guys that would want to date her but she’s not into that kind of things yet soo she ends up shoo-ing them away. Well its more like Jongin’s job as her bestfriend to do the work. Jongin doesn’t mind though because he gets a kick of it and he wouldn't mind doing it everyday if he has to just so he won’t have to go to the store to buy Kyungsoo some pads because mother nature decided to visit her all of a sudden.

 “Pretty pretty please Jongin! Just run to the store and grab whatever you find.” Kyungsoo is sitting at the passenger seat squeezing her legs as if it will do anything.

“I don’t understand why can’t you just go yourself. Its like right there infront of you. I mean the store its just there. You can run and I bet you anything if I’m the one who will get it, I’ll end up buying the wrong one!”

How can you ask a guy to go buy pads, Jongin thought. Well maybe if he were married he would do it for his wife but not when he's freaking 20 years old. Nope. No can do. Kyungsoo will just have to wait until they get to her house.

“You don’t understand. If I get up right now hell will fall and I’m pretty sure you don’t want me to stain your car. Now do you? Just go and be a nice bestfriend please” Kyungsoo begs.

Now you see if its his car you’re talking about you’ll have Jongin’s full attention and no way he will have a big red stain on his car. People might think he committed murder if they see it. Speaking of which, killing Kyungsoo right now sounds about right but seeing his bestfriend scrunch up face probably due to cramps and looking soo helpless, he can’t help but to say yes.

“Just soo you know, you owe me soo much for this.” Jongin said before opening the car door.

“Yeah I know don’t worry I’ll buy you boxes of condoms! Just hurry I feel it going down”

“Ewwww Kyungsoo just don’t. I don’t want to know how the process is.”


Ofcourse, Jongin has seen a pad before thanks to Kyungsoo for leaving those little pink shape like boxes all over his room. Its just that how can a guy like him buy something like that. The cashier will probably think of him wrong or it will awkward as hell. What if it's a girl cashier? Oh no. He is really hoping that there is a self check-out in this store.

 He begins walking around the aisles hoping somehow the woman care stuff will pop up soon soo he can just get over this night mare and no way he will ask an associate for help. He’ll rather die or better yet he will kill Kyungsoo if anything. Jongin looks ahead reading the signs that says what are in the aisles. When he found the right one, located in aisle 4, he almost run on his way there.

Now, if just there isn't anybody there that would be prefect, he thought. But as unlucky as he is having Kyungsoo as he’s bestfriend right now or maybe god just really hates him, there is a woman in the aisle that is also buying things.

Jongin thought of a plan. He can wait for the lady to leave then just grab whatever he sees first or just go now and get it over with. Besides if he just stands there in the middle, they might think he’s stealing. Did he mention he hates Kyungsoo right now?

Jongin made his way looking at big packs of purple, pink, yellow, and blue plastics. He was just going to grab the first one he sees, which is the pink one when the lady suddenly spoke to him and he curses all the gods in the world.

“Buying it for your girlfriend?” the lady said.

“Uhh I’m not..I just-“ Jongin looks around anything but the lady, why must the god hate him?

“Its okay. No need to be shy. I kinda think its cute that you have the guts to buy things like this for her. not a lot men do that.” She smiles at him. Jongin wants to return the smile but that would just be awkward.

Can he just buy the damn pad and get this over with?

“I’m sorry. I’m kinda in a hurry right now.” ‘I don’t want to have a red stain on my car’ was what Jongin wanted to say but that would be rude.

“Oh okay then..." the lady said. "It must be really an emergency. Well I’ll be out of your way. But just to give you a tip to make it easier for you. This is the regular ones most girls use” She points at the blue box that say “carefree” on it. Jongin makes a mental note just in case “and this is for if she is doing outdoor activity like swimming and such” Now she’s pointing at little box that says “Tampons” on them. Jongin doesn’t know what the are those. They look like flowers? He doesn’t want to know how those work.

After saying goodbye to the lady and grabbing one of each kind. Jongin made his way to the cashier and maybe the gods are on his side now and understand that he just experienced the most embarrassing moment in his life soo far because there it is standing at around 4 feet is a self check out. He couldn’t be happier. He doesn’t even care that he spend money on these stupid things he just wants to leave this hell of a place. After paying, he ran towards his car and threw the plastic bag at Kyungsoo’s face.

“You owe me not just condoms but a dignity because I just lost mine” Jongin just sat there. He still can’t believe he really did buy pad. He never thought a day would come. Kyungsoo better feel special. He hears Kyungsoo rummaging through the bags and notice that her hair is up now in a messy bun. Still her legs are tight sealed and she’s kinda sweating. Do periods really hurt that bad?

“Jongin, what the are these?” Jongin looks at the black box that Kyungsoo is holding. “Tampons? I don’t know the lady there said that you can use them if you went swimming or something” He closes his eyes. Not wanting to deal with whatever Kyungsoo will use as a band-aid for her you know.

“Tampons? Really? Do you even know how this thing work?” Kyungsoo teased because she knows Jongin hates any girl talk.

“Nope don’t want to know. I don’t want to kill my brain yet” but its too late because his bestfriend is already sharing the beauty of tampons.

“Well whatevers but this little stick things. Goes up to a girl’s you know then it absorbs all the stuff” Kyungsoo said while pulling the string and showing the cotton stick.

“Does that mean you’re not a anymore if you put it?”

Ohh the beauty of having a guy bestfriend.