"Someday" ~ Vixx

One Sided To First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2009

Two weeks. It only took us two weeks to become best friends. Whenever I was with him, I felt like he and I had known each other ever since we were kids. We had a connection, and surprisingly, other people noticed too. We joked around with each other so easily. It was my first time being that comfortable with a guy. He continued to surprise me every morning, piss me off every lunch, make me smile every evening.

            September came and went, and it was the second week of October. People were getting ready for Halloween while I was busy finishing up my first assignment for music arrangement. Every day after school, Chen's presence was a usual. He came and tried to distract me, and I tried my best to kept myself in focus while the devil sat next to me, trying to make me fall into his tricks.

            There were couple of jokes he always told me. Yeah, I was tired of listening to the same thing, but that was what made me smile.

"Kaitlin, what is this?" he'd ask holding his hand. If I answered saying it was his palm, his answer would be "No, it's five fingers. Don't you know how to count?" And if I gave him that answer, he'd say, "No it's a palm. Wow you're an idiot"

"Kaitlin, why did the _____ cross the road?" he'd ask, adding some random name to fill in for 'chicken'.

"I don't know, Chen, tell me"

"To get to the other side!" and I'd face palm myself.

            And my music teacher wondered why I took over two weeks to finish my project. He didn't know the intruder who crashed every day, ruining my peaceful evenings.

 

            Just like every day, I waited for Chen at his locker before going into the music room. It was past his usual time, and I wondered what was wrong. I slowly made my way toward the gym to see if he was in there, but when I opened the door, except for bunch of guys, I didn't see him. Biting my lip, I walked back to the music room. Chen's locker was in the music hallway, and not seeing him there worried me.

            I took my phone out, texting Jess asking if she saw him. I soon got a teasing reply asking if I didn't know where my boyfriend disappeared to. I texted her back saying we are not dating, but she just didn't seem to believe me.

            There was a loud thud that almost made me drop my phone. Startled, I turned to see Chen beating up his locker. How? Where did he come from...?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter