"Miracles In December" ~ Exo

One Sided To First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back to 2010 and then to 2013.... I hope i'm not confusing anyone with this crazy idea of going back and forth in the story... I promise that it will come to the 'Present' soon... There's only couple of 'past' chaps left~~

2010

"Is Jongdae coming over today?" Madie asked me and I looked at her as if she's gone crazy. "Is he coming over or not? I want to make some Korean food for him" she said and I just stared. "C'mon Kaitlin, please tell me you know Chen's real name..."

"Huh?"

"You didn't believe 'Chen' is his real name, did you?"

"Uh..." I gave her my dumbfounded look.

"Gosh!" she let her frustration out on me. "Usually, Koreans who live abroad have different names. Hyunnie uses his real name but many change them when they come over to the country. Chen's name is like that. But his real name is Jongdae. How do I know that and you - his girlfriend - has no idea about it?!" she asked and I just stood there, really dumbfounded.

"Who knew that? I'm not an Asian expert like you"

"Well learn then!" she yelled as she stomped back to her room. The door shut with a slam, but opened the instant it closed. "Is he coming over or not!"

"I don't know!"

"Well bring him over! I'm making ..."

"What?"

"I'm making ..."

"What?!"

"I. Am. Making. Stew!"

"That was not what you said before..." I said, stepping out of the house.

"Bring him!"

"I'll try" I said, closing the door and making me way towards the school.

 

            After school, I was waiting for Chen by his locker. When I saw Sean, Chen's one and only 'guy' buddy, I smiled and asked where Chen was. He pointed at the gym (the guy doesn't talk much...) and I nodded.

            And... the girl who never went into the gym after grade nine P.E. opened the door and peaked in. Chen was playing basketball by himself and I sighed. So he forgot that we were going over to my place.

"Chen!" I yelled and he turned, breathing heavily. "Aren't you coming?" I asked, and he turned around, ignoring me. What just happened?!

"Go home, Kaitlin, I'm busy"

"Whatever you say" I yelled back, adding "jerk" under my breath. I stepped out of the stinky gym and made my way towards the main entrance of the school.

"Kaitlin!" My name echoed through the hallway and I turned around. No one was there but I was sure someone - sounded a lot like Chen - yelled my name. I turned around once again and kept walking. "Kaitlin!" Chen's voice echoed once again and when I turned this time, I actually saw him. He was in his gym shorts and a tank - which was covered with sweat (oh gosh I never thought men looked hot when they sweat until that moment) and I wiped my mouth to make sure I wasn't drooling.

"What?"

"If I ask you something, would you say yes?"

"It depends on the question, Chen" I waited. He ran his fingers through his wet hair and looked at me.

"Go to the prom with me" he said, and I just ended up laughing.

"Chen, we have a whole year for that"

"I know. I'm just asking ahead of time. Go to the prom with me."

"Fine. Sure. I'm going home..." I said, wondering if I should ask him again. Sighing, I looked back at him. "Do you want to -"

"I'll be right there" I said, running towards the locker room area. Smiling to myself, I did a happy dance in the middle of the empty forye of our school.

 

 

"Wow, Noona, you're the best!" Chen sat in front of Madie as she adjusted her glasses. I blinked in confusion.

"What's 'Noona'?" I asked, and both of them turned to me.

"It means older sister in Korean. Well, the girls call older girls 'Eonnie' - so I'm your eonnie - and guys call older girls 'Noona' - like Chen to me." Madie took a breath and explained and I nodded as if I understood her explanation. Why didn't they just have something simple for other of them?

"Noona, can I come over every day? I can't eat the food they make at their place. My uncle's wife is actually not Korean so she doesn't know much about Korean dishes. And when she tries, it always ends up in disaster." Chen shook his head. I just sat there and sighed.

            During the walk home, we didn't speak a word. The moment he stepped into our house, he was bubbly Chen again. I didn't understand how one person can go from a jerk to a sudden child-like soul. And now, I was watching that child-like soul eating pretty much the entire dish Madie made.

"Noona..." Chen started, but the rest was spoke in Korean and I didn't understand a thing. Again, I felt so invisible so I decided to get up from my seat and walk towards my room because those four walls made me feel so welcome compared to the people in the house.

            I sat on my bed and took out the book that laid next to my pillow and turned it to the page with the bookmark. Soon, I was lost in the book and didn't see Chen enter the room until his lips brushed against the top of my head. I looked up and our lips met even before I say anything.

"Chen!" I pushed him away and he bounced onto my bed. I gasped for air that I lost for the past couple of seconds and he just smiled at me.

"I know you're jealous. You're red too" he said, sitting up in front of me. My eyes avoided his gaze as I tried to find the lost page in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter