"Still You" ~ EunHae

One Sided To First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Someday in the future.....

~Chen~

"Chen!" Someone yelled my name over hundred times. The voice sounded so familiar, and I found myself looking for the owner. "I seriously- Oh sorry!" She said as she bumped her cart into mine.

"It's okay" I said, staring at the girl who grew up to be a fine woman. Fate kept bringing us together like this - thirteen years ago, then ten years ago, and now. Did she see me? Was that why she was calling my name? "How have you been, Kaitlin?" I spoke in a gentle voice.

"Chen! Fancy running into you here" She spoke in a surprised voice and wide eyes. Wow, ten years and she still managed to flip my heart.

"I heard someone yelling my name, and for some reason, I knew it was you the moment I saw your back. Still looking good" I said, checking her out once again. Still look the same...

"Wow, and here I thought you looked all grown up."

"Please... I'll always be like this" I laughed, and she started to walk towards the toy section of the shop. I followed "So, why were you yelling my name?"

"Chen!" She yelled my name once again, but she wasn't looking at me. Her eyes were planted on a boy who was sitting on the ground next to the 'Cars' section.

"Eomma!" little boy greeted happily, running into Kaitlin's arms and dropping the car he was playing with on the ground. She knelt to size up with him and he ran his arms around her neck. "Buy me" he pointed at the car that was on the ground, pouting.

"Appa already bought you a gift. Plus Santa won't come if you keep making eomma worry about you" Kaitlin spoke, rubbing her hands against the little red jacket of his. And I stood there, wondering what was happening.

"Appa also said he'll buy me a shark, but he didn't." the boy pouted.

"Well... Eomma disagreed with him buying it"

"Then Eomma's mean"

"Your... kid?" I interrupted since I was dying of curiosity, and she looked up along with the kid.

"Yeah" She said standing up, and carrying the boy up with her.

"Chen, say hi to Chen" She said to her son, nodding towards me.

"Mommy... is he...?" the boy whispered into her ear and stared at her with big eyes.

"Yup." She said, and the boy suddenly turned to me and smiled.

"An-yong-ha-se-yo" he broke the word into syllables. "I'm Chen. I'm named after you"

"Smart" I forced a smile and turned to Chen. "Annyeong. Did your mom teach you Korean?"

"Appa makes me speak Korean. But eo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter