"My Life Would Without You" ~ Kelly Clarkson

One Sided To First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2010

"Guess this means you're sorry, You're standing at my door

Guess this means you take back, All you said before

Like how much you wanted, Anyone but me

Said you'd never come back, But here you are again..."

 

            I didn't know why, but I woke up with this song in my head. I haven't listened to it in ages but the song kept replaying in my head, and I just had to play it out and get it unstuck.

            First I played with the chords on the guitar because I wasn't sure, but once I got the hang of it, I just continued.

"'Cause we belong together now, Forever united here somehow, yeah

You got a piece of me, And honestly

My life would without you"

"I knew it!"

            I almost dropped the guitar on the floor as Chen's voice rang in the small practice room. The white pick I held fell on the floor as I held my hand against my chest.

"I knew you can't live without me" He spoke, coming over and taking the guitar into his hand. "And, how long were you planning on keeping your guitar skills a secret?" he said, sitting down on the chair next to mine and holding out a chord. Finally, the guy with dark eyes looked at me.

"Chen, I beg you, can you please not do that?"

"Do what?"

"Sneak up behind my back"

"I won't promise, but I'll try." he smiled again. "But I love seeing your - this face" he nodded and I closed my eyes, sighing out loud. "Okay, I won't"

"Your promised" I said and he nodded.

"If you want me to keep this promise, give me a gift" Chen stood up, putting the guitar down. Then he took a step towards me, and I backed against the wall. Darn it, this room is too small.

"What?"

"Kiss me" Chen pouted - pouted - and I wanted to run away. What were we? We weren't a couple, we weren't dating... we were just friends. And this status with this kind of action confused me as hell.

"No. Something else" I protested, and Chen laughed, taking the guitar back up to his arms.

"Then play me a song. No, play me the song you were just singing. I like it" he spoke, and sighing - and relieved that he didn't kiss me (though, tru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter