"Let It Go" ~ Idina Menzel

One Sided To First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter 2010

"Kaitlin, don't forget we have a group assignment due on Monday. I'll talk to you tomorrow" Jess yelled as she got on to her boyfriend's car. I waved my hand and waited for her and Jared to drive away.

            By myself, I walked over to the bus stop. Yeah... Bus stop. During summer, we moved houses. Madie got married to Baekhyun in August. They had a beautiful small summer wedding with both families and friends. Madie wanted to have a traditional Korean wedding, which actually cost more than a normal wedding. Ah, why couldn't my older sister be a little normal?!

            Baekhyun's family lived in Korea and they wanted the couple to live in Korea but they both agreed when Madie said that their lives were in Canada than Korea. They both had stable jobs here, they had their lives planned here, so why move to another country and start over when they can happily live the lives they've been living for years?

            And why did that affect me? Why we had to move houses? Well... Baekhyun lived with a roommate until the couple got married, so he had to buy a house or an apartment for the both of them. But instead, mom brought out a point saying that we can buy a bigger house and live as one big family under one roof. In other words, mom wasn't ready to let her sweet and innocent Madie go yet. Gosh, she was married for Pete's sake! Let the girl go with her husband! No~ Moving houses was the best option for her. Therefore, we brought a house that was closer to all of their work places; a place close to the university Baekhyun worked at, the nursery Madie worked at, five minutes to the bakery mom worked at and the library she spent most of her day in when she wasn't working, and well, dad drove every day so he had no problem with that. And they all just ignored me! Their excuses were "Someday Kaitlin will move out and then we'll be alone in this big house..." and "When Kaitlin graduate in an year, she'll move out, so what's the point of living near a high school when no one's attending the high school?..." I mean, Hello people! I never said I wanted to move out! What if I wanted to go to the university that Baekhyun worked at and stay home?! Did anyone think of that? NO!

            And so here I was, waiting for the bus in the middle of the dull winter. Cold wind blew past me while I stood there and tried not to go over the things that happened last winter. How I was one happy girl back then... And now, not so much.

            To my surprise, a little fluff touched my nose. I felt it melt due to my body heat, which actually made me smile. For months, I've been faking smiles. And this snowflake was the first thing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter