"When I'm With You" ~ Faber Drive

One Sided To First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2010

March 15.

            "Happy White Day"

           (sorry, I'm a day late)

"Chen, what is this supposed to mean?" I asked as I sat next to him during lunch. He smiled and took the note into his hand. It was posted on my locker this morning, but I didn't get the chance to see Chen until lunch.

"What does it say?"

"It says 'Happy White Day'. What is that supposed to mean?"

"Remember when I told you that usually girls give candy to guys on Valentine's?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, on March 14th, guys give girls chocolates to say thank you. Since you didn't give me chocolate, you only get a note. From one and only me!" he said, and I let out a snort.

"You're kidding, right?"

"Do I look like I'm kidding?" he asked, suddenly giving me his serious look.

"Um..."

"The answer is no, Kaitlin. And no, I'm not kidding. Happy White Day, nae sarang" Chen said, taking my hand into his.

"I really should learn Korean" I sighed and Chen's eyes went wide.

"No" he said, and I gave him a confused look. "Then I can't use my cute nickname on you because you'd understand them"

"But that's the worst. You can call me '' from Korean and I'd think it's something nice" I said and Chen squeezed my hands.

"Kaitlin, I'd never call you . I promise you, 'sarang' is a beautiful word." he said, and I secretly wanted to look it up. I was too embarrassed to ask Meghan or Madie because I knew they'd question me further, so I kept it to myself, secretly dying to know its meaning. "Let's go"

"Where?"

"Music room"

"Why?"

"Your present is there"

"Huh?"

"Let's go" Chen said, pulling me out. On our way out of the caf, we ran into my friends who gave us knowing looks. I glared at them for not even bother trying to make me stay as Chen dragged me towards the music room.

            As soon as we entered, Chen walked me into the main room as he made his way into the guitar room. Soon, he appeared in front of me with a guitar. He pulled two chairs facing each other and asked me to sit on one. I did. and he did the same. Now, we were facing each other, and me waiting for whatever that was about to happen.

            Chen looked at me and started playing a song that was so familiar to me. The intro alone was enough for me to know the song. I remembered Madie crying her eyes out listening to the song after she broke up with her first boyfriend. And now, my first love was about to sing the song to me.

"Saw you walk into the room, Thought I'd try to talk to you

Babe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter