"First Kiss" ~ FT Island

One Sided To First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            We both jumped away from each other's embrace. Chen had bright red lips and I wondered if I did too. His thumb moved and underlined my lips. I blinked couple of times just to make sure that I wasn't dreaming.

"Kaitlin, are you still here?" Mr. J's voice called out as he entered the main room.

"Y-yeah! Guitar room" I called out, still keeping my eyes on Chen's dark eyes.

"Class is about to start." the main music room's door opened and closed. 

"Yeah I heard the bell" I said, pushing Chen out of the room all the way towards the exit. When I turned around, Chen touched my hand. I jerked myself towards him. He said nothing, but he held onto my hand. "Go" I said, releasing my hand from his and walking back into the guitar room.

"Are you okay?" asked my teacher the moment he saw me enter.

"Yes. Very. Why?"

"You're so red. That's why I asked" he said, and I cupped my face.

"Yup! Everything's fine!"

 

            Ever since our first kiss, I caught Chen stare at my lips more than the usual. We tried to hide it but there was something, something friends didn't share, but we both agreed in silence to keep it a secret. We didn't meet as often as we used to as winter crawled in, but that didn't stop him from grabbing my hand in secret, touching my hair, making secret jokes that only the two of us understood, and being the Chen I knew, the one he decided to hide from rest of the world.

            Chen Kim was sent to Canada to study. He wanted to do music when he was young, but his parents disagreed. So he was sent to his uncle, to make sure he study hard to follow his parents' dream. When he came to Canada, he found football and soon got attached to the game - probably because his uncle was a football coach. His parents let him play because it kept him out of trouble, but music never left his mind. When he was going to a public high school, he and the football team captain got into a big fight and he ended up getting transferred to our school. That how he ended up here.

            But one thing I knew for sure, he hated living with his uncle. He hated him, his wife, even his kids. Apparently, they always treated him as some 'foster kid' living in their house. He often made metaphors about him and Harry Potter being alike. Chen was secretly a nerd, a bookworm, a crazy guitar player, and also a cheesy poet. Though most of the notes he wrote for me were in Korean, his translations made me understand what he was trying to say.

            Chen was also amazing at making me feel so confused. I didn't know who a first love supposed to feel like. If confusing was the right feeling, then I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter