"You Don't Know Love" ~ K. Will

One Sided To First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2009

“I don’t like Chen anymore”

            Jess dropped a bomb on us early next morning. We all just stared at her with shocked expressions. For the past two to three weeks, Chen was the guy she wanted more than anyone, but now, out of the blue, he was been thrown into the trash can – and the reason unknown.

“Jared asked me out yesterday and I said yes. I know we go to different schools but I liked him the whole summer until I saw Chen. And Jared’s such a nice guy. Kaitlin, you’ll love him if you meet him”

“You said the same thing about Chen. And now what? I’ve been trying to push Chen to you and all the sudden, Jared?! Are you for real?”

“I’m sorry! Fern” she looked at the black haired girl who was sitting next to me, “told him that I’m in love with another guy and he called me and asked me if I wanted to meet and I said sure and then he kissed me and asked me to be his girlfriend and I said okay. We’re going on our first real date this Thursday because he has work on Friday. I’m sorry!” he said, holding her hands out like she’s praying.

“I’m happy for you. And Jared – though I’ve never met the guy – I just wished you warned me about this guy before I went and talked to Chen.” I said, breaking the awkward silence that ruled us after Jess’s sudden confession.

“Really, I’m so sorry” Jess pouted.

“What did you do?” a new voice joined our conversation, making the three of us jolt our heads back to see the owner of the voice. Chen stood by the table wearing his jacket and a beanie. We weren't allowed to wearing caps or beanies to our school but the guy looked like he didn't give a damn about the rules. Plus no one ever told him to take it off, so he kept wearing his beanie around the school.

“Were you listening to us all this time?” Fern asked with her big eyes.

“I just got here and I heard Jess apologizing like hundred times” he said, landing his eyes on me. I had a habit of staring into peoples’ eyes. I couldn’t help it. The more I looked into his eyes, the more I got attached to them. They were dark… but there was something he tried to hide whenever he looked at me. I knew it.

“It’s nothing” I said, standing up, getting ready to go to class.

“Okay…" he said, and we crossed paths as he walked towards the table and I walked away from it. Right before I open the door, I ce more, looking at the guy who was now smiling with Jess. Letting out another sigh, I walked out.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter