50lville

50lville (haitus)

scaled.php?server=827&filename=501kyu.jp

CHAPTER 8:  Wishing Bonzai

 

7:12 AM

KIM Residence (H48)

Freshened up, I went downstairs for our breakfast, I saw my worried father on the dining table reading today’s newspaper.

“Good Morning Dad!!!! Are you OK?” I asked him as I pat his shoulder.

“Nothing my son” He sighed as he quickly rolled back the newspaper. “I’m so proud of you that your very much dedicated to your education my son. Someday you will take over our company. But for now, you must also enjoy being a teenager.”

I just listened to him; sometimes I also nod back while I’m eating my breakfast. “Don’t worry father, I’m happy with my school life, besides I’m more worried about your health. You seem tired and busy these days father.” I said as I noticed his getting a little slimmer now a day.

“I’m Ok my son… Don’t worry… I’m going now… come, I’ll drive you to the park” My father asked.

“Thanks father, I will just walk… besides Jin-shii is waiting for me @ her house.”

“Ohh!! I like Mrs. Lee’s daughter, she is very smart and so polite. Omo.. I’m happy that you two are dating.”

“Nah!! Father!! We’re just friends.”

“My son, everything started from friends, Right Hon!!” My father teased while he also waves at my mother. My mother just brightly smiles and my father went outside humming loud. I just can’t help but smile with my father’s teasing.

 

9:02 AM @ SCHOOL

We are inside our classroom for SCIENCE class but we were informed that Jungmin will substitute our professor who will lecture on environment protection program. Jungmin currently in higher years and also the president of ECO-SAVERS club started his report.

After 20 minutes of listening to Jungmin’s report. He ordered us to change to our PE uniform and head to the School’s Green House (Garden Area).

Finished changing, I decided to wait for Hyung Jun outside the boys locker room.

“Hyung Joon-shii! I will be just outside!!” I shouted and went outside the boy’s locker room.

Patiently waiting for Hyung Joon, I saw 2 lower year students reading a newspaper in the near bench. I can clearly read the newspaper front page that caught my attention.

SETI INC. EXPERIENCING BANKRUPTCY

Trying to read the headlines again and again for it sunk in but I was still totally shocked. My eyes just focus on the words and the company pictures.

“Kyujong-shii!! Kyujong-shii!?” I heard someone calling me. I saw YooJin and JazMin staring at me with worried expression.

“Are you Ok?” Yoo Jin asked and she suddenly touched my forehead. “You looked paled?”

“I- I’m Ok Jin-shii” I smiled. I think I suddenly blushed because of YooJin skin ship.

“You really look paled awhile ago, as if you have seen a ghost.” Jazmin added a little worried too.

“Ghost?! Where?!” Hyung Joon suddenly pooped from the Boy’s locker room.

“Joon-shii, it is in the middle of the day. There is no Ghost.. Aissh!! You’re a guy but you’re so scardy-cat.”

“Can’t help it Jaz-shii.. I’m just being honest. I’m not like you who acts tough but deep inside a cry baby” Hyung Joon teased JazMin and making some cry-baby expression.

“I’m not!!”

“Cry baby girl!! Baby Girl!!”

“I’m Not!! I’m NOT!!”

“Are you really OK?” Yoo Jin on the other hand keeps on staring at me. She pats me on my shoulder with a worried face.

“I’m really OK.. I just remember something.” I smiled to her.

I’m very happy and so touched that Yoo Jin really cared for me. I must ask my father about the headline later on. I thought a little bit worried for my father’s business.

“Ahem!! Excuse me four lovebirds, Jungmin-shii is looking for you… He is getting mad already..” Angeline interrupted us.

@ The School’s GREEN HOUSE GARDEN

“I prepared this bonsai stem roots for us to plant and I expect everyone to take good care of your bonsai plant from now on.” Jungmin announced loudly.

“Do you mean we have to visit and water it every day??” Hyun Joong whined.

“We have limited supply of the bonsai stem roots so I ask you to choose a partner.” Jungmin continue ignoring Hyun Joong complains. “And since our Hyun Joong is a very busy person, he will be the only one to take good care of his plant.

Everyone laughed and Hyun Joong looked pissed and just smirked.

“Everyone choose your partner and get your pot here” Jungmin ordered.

Angeline confidently asked YoungSaeng to be her partner and Young Saeng just nods and smiled. As usual JazMin and Hyung Joon were partners, behind them is Yoo Jin fixing her hair. I turned around to gather some courage to ask her to be my partner. 

“You can do this Kyu!! Fighting!! I thought. But suddenly I heard Yoo Jin voice calling me from behind my back.

“Ummp… Kyujong-shii? I think you still don’t have a partner… Can I be your partner??” Yoo Jin asked me shyly.

“Aigoo… Yoojin wants me to be her partner… I’m so lucky today.” I thought.

“Sure… how can I refused Jin-shii..” I turned to face her and replied blushly.

We directly went to Jungmin to get our pot. Before we start to plant JungMin also hands everyone a small capsule.

“What is this Jungmin-shii?” Angeline asked. While YoungSaeng looked so curious on the small capsule his holding.

“It is a small time capsule, if you open it; a small rolled paper is inside. On the small rolled paper you will write a wish for your partner’s future. It is believe that the stem-root bonsai that we will be planting is called “Wishing Bonzai” in CHINA. If the bonsai dies your wish on the capsule will not come true, and if the bonsai live for a long time until you dig on the time capsule your wish will fulfill. Isn’t it great?” JungMin explained with so much anticipation.

“That is so lame belief Jungmin-shii!! How can a plant connected to your dreams? Besides, I don’t have a partner, who will I wish for?” Hyun Joong complained again.

“There nothing will be lost in you if you believe it… Aishh!! Please...  Just stop complaining” Yoo Jin said.

Hyun Joong glanced towards us and smirked.

“Hyun Joong-shii just wished for any of the girls you like here…” Angeline said to calm Yoo Jin.

“Ahh!!  OK then” Hyun Joong murmured slyly.

Everyone wrote something on the small rolled paper. “What will I wish for my dear Yoo Jin??” I thought. I finally think of something and started writing for Yoo Jin.

--HAPPINESS FOR MY DEAR YOO JIN—

I rolled back the paper and put it inside the small time capsule.

“What did she wished for me??” I thought.

 We started planting happily. Yoo Jin keep on smiling and her smile is like the bright sun and it will so great to be her partner.  I can’t help but keep on smiling and blushed as sometimes our hands/fingers touched.

We were the first one to finished planting since I’m familiar with Gardening.

“You really have a nice hands… can I see your palm? I’m quite good in palm reading you know” Yoo Jin asked and I voluntarily offered my hands.

“hmmm.. So very hardworking person, a good son and loyal husband… I think you will have a happy family in the future… Aigoo… you’re wife will be so lucky” She said as she smiled so sweetly.

“Hopefully it will be you Jin-shii…” I whispered

“What??? You have said something Kyujong-shii??”

I felt my blood just rushed to my face because of my embarrassment. Did she really hear it??

“Kyujong-shii, can you help me??” Hyun Joong interrupted.

“You’re not finished yet?? Aissh!! But we were talking here..”

“You two were done already… please Kyujong-shii” Hyun Joong begged.

“It’s OK Jin-shii… I’l help him” I replied and excused myself. Yoo Jin went to JazMin and Hyung Jun side to help them too.

Thankfully Hyun Joong came. I thought I’m gonna die with embarrassment. I’m still thinking whether Yoo Jin really heard it or not. 

 

-(~_,~)-  Kyu jong