50lville

50lville (haitus)

scaled.php?server=29&filename=501saeng.j

CHAPTER 4: NEW VILLAGE

 

I have been here for 6 hours in this new village and almost all of the neighbors welcomed us in this new house for every 30 minutes. My Grandparents happily greeted them with warm smile and hellos but for me, it has been disturbing already.

 I decided to walked upstairs to my new room along with DAENGI (my pet dog), and untied her freely. The room seems dark as the curtains blocked the light from outside and scattered boxes were everywhere. The room was quite luxurious and modern.  It seems I don’t belong here. Lousily, I reached out for one of the boxes to unpack my things. I unpacked the last box and saw framed pictures.

“I missed them so much, if only they will be here with me, in this new house… this new village… it will be perfect. “ I sighed heavily.

“I missed Min Gi…” I graved as I looked at the next framed picture of a 12 year old kids. Unnoticed as I stared at the framed picture my tears began to fall. My hand covered my face and began to sob. Daengi entered the room and my hands. She might also feel my sadness; she might also miss her. Min Gi and I found baby Daengie before at the play house in our old village. We posted lost dog flyers but after 3 weeks no one contact us, so we decide to keep Daengi as our own. She is my only happiness now; she never fails to cheer me up like Min Gi does.

Ring… Ding… Dong……

“Another welcoming guess” I thought. I peeked at the window to take a look. I saw two teens (I think they were around my age) bickering about something at the doorway. They passed on each other a red box. The boy was like a pretty rich type kid in this village. He seems very familiar, I recognize him from somewhere.  The girl, I cannot see her face, but she seems a spoiled rich kid type.

“Saengie… there is new friends here, get down!!” I heard my Grandfather shouted from downstairs.  Tired from all this welcomes since this morning, “I’ll take a shower first” I responded.

I walked downstairs and decided to have a snack. It was a relief that the guest leaved already. I saw the box from earlier and opened it. I started to get one slice and eat. “ hmmm… sweet pumpkin pie?!” as I savored the taste deliciously.

“Delicious, right?” Grandmother said as she entered the kitchen.

“Our friendly  neighbor gave it, people in this village were so polite, I hope you can be friends with them too.” I heard Grandmother. She always talked and praised about everyone. I just listen and eat quietly.

“mmm… what was those kids names… Ja.. Jazmin and Hy..Hyung Joon” She confirmed. “Ohh!! I forgot! They also gave you an invitation… too bad your take hours upstairs you unable to meet them..., here...” She handed me a small card. That says:

 

WHAT: 501Teen Club Party

WHERE: 501ville Club House

WHEN: Tonight @ 7:30 PM

“Grandmother, I won’t attend...” I begged.

“Saengie-ahh, it have been 8 months already, you must also enjoy your life, I think this new village can help us” She explained to me slowly as if I’m a 4 years old kid.

Sometimes, I fall with my Grandmother’s sweet talk and they have been good to me since back then. I must obey them too since they were my only family left. “okay… I’ll think about it Grandmother… but I won’t promise that I will attend” I replied. She pats me and smiled. I excused myself and went to rest on my room.

 

7:51 PM

501ville Clubhouse

I have been here for 10 minutes already.  A charismatic guy welcomed me and led me to a table nearby. He is the President of the 501ville teen club as he introduced himself. He offered me a drink and excused himself for a while to organize something.

Music was heard everywhere, simple yet elegant party decorations, lots of delicious party foods on a buffet style table, and a banner near the platform that says:

“WELCOME TO 501VILLE HEO FAMILY!!”

I thought this was going to be just a simple party but I think I’ve made a terrible mistake of coming here. I’m clutching my can of soda like it will make me invisible. I’m wondering whether to be annoyed or relieved that everyone seems to stare at me.

I sat there for at least another 10 minutes, observing on how to escape in this party and praying that I wouldn’t actually have to interact in front with this entire crowd.

I’m just a simple guy, I lack in communicating skills, and the last thing I want is to be the center of attention in a party when someone finally sat down next to me. Not only that but he confidently smiled as if were long lost close friends.

“Hey!!” he puts me on my shoulder. “Hi… Youngsaeng-shii, right??”

I took a deep breath and greeted him as well. Now, I’m totally gonna be stuck-up on this long conversation, it makes me awkward… If only Min Gi was here, this party will be perfect.

 

(--_--) Young Saeng