50lville

50lville (haitus)

scaled.php?server=827&filename=501kyu.jp

CHAPTER 14: Good Deeds

 

7:01 am

H28

I’m having breakfast while waiting for my Father to come down. Last night, I asked him about the news concerning our company. He said about little problems with investors backing out from the company and he assured us that it will be solve soon. But I’m still not convinced, I know there is a lot more and Father is having a hard time about it. He got a little thinner and he always came home late. I worried and I want to help him, after all I will be heir of the company.

A loud thud came from upstairs. My mother and I looked at each other with a worried face and rushed upstairs.  I saw my father on lying on the floor with his other hand holding his mobile phone.

“Omo!! Papa!!” my mom shouted. “kyujong-ah call your Dr. Kim (Kaycee Dad).

I rushed on the Telephone table and call Dr. Kim. Thankfully he was just at H29 and he quickly went here to our house. He explained that my father has a high fever and he really needs some rest for a day from work because his blood pressure was high and he was really over fatigue. My Father insists to go to the office since he still have a meeting with Mr. Yu but my mother get mad at him and he doesn’t want it.

After 20 minutes, Dr. Kim leave and my mother phoned the company secretary that my father will not be available this day. She put down the phone with a worried look on her face.

“What’s wrong Mom??” I asked.

“She said that Mr. Yu appointment was today and it can’t be transfer on any other date. He needs the proposal report immediately.” She explained.

“I can hand it over at the company and beside father needs you here now” I said.

“But you still have school today.”

“Classes will start at 9am Mom. I still have time and I can also get there during lunch time. I will just call Jin-shii that I will be late in our class.” I insist.

“Okai.. Just be careful Ok!! I will call the security first for your transport and get those reports ready.”

I exited 501ville to SETI Inc. It will be my 1st time to visit the company not related to company anniversary events.  At the Office lobby Mr. Dee (executive secretary since then) approached me immediately. I bowed and greeted him politely. We walked to the CEO office where I hand him the reports. I asked him about the problem about the company, at first he was hesitant to tell me about it but keep on insisting.

“CEO Kim, I mean your Father have been so kind to everyone that some of them abuse it.  He has full trust to all his employees that we never know that some of the higher officials here have been disloyal to him for past months. For now, we have some evidence and we planned to sue them, unfortunately, some of the investors have been told with lies against your father so the y starting to withdraw their shares.” He explained.

“So the company has been experiencing financial status... Will it lead to bankruptcy?” I asked him.

“Oh no!! The news just exaggerates things because your father fired some of the officers. For now, Mr. Yu, one of the biggest overseas investor still has his shares and hopefully he will not withdraw and he will continue to trust us.”

“I see… I wish I can help father” I sighed.

Mr. Dee tapped my shoulder “You’re such a kind son Kyujong-ah CEO Kim is so lucky to have you as his son and a very potential heir of this company. “He smiled.

I smiled back and bid goodbye. He insists to walk me back on the car when his phone rings.

“It’s ok Mr. Dee, I’ll go ahead.” I smiled and he answered the phone while I quietly walked out of the room.

“What?! He wants to withdraw too?” I heard him after I closed the sliding door.

 

@School

I can’t concentrate on our morning subjects. I can’t help but worry with my father and the company. I was taken aback when Yoojin suddenly touched my forehead after our Math class (our last subject in the morning).

“Are you sick???” Yoojin asked me in a concerned voice.

“NO.” I smiled and hold her hand as to assured her. “I just feel worried about the company and father.”

“It will be okay... we your family needs help, your 501ville family will always be ready to help.” She smiled back (her sweetest smile) as she patted my hand that holds her right hand.

“Kyujong and Yoojin sitting on a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G~~” We heard Hyung Joon and Jaz Min singing together as they mimic us while Angeline from behind was amused.

Yoojin immediate took away her hands away and glared at Jazmin. I shyly smiled and the two just continued in teasing us. Thankfully, our other classmates already out to the cafeteria leaving the 5 of us.

“Yah!! Stop it!! I’m hungry let’s go for lunch” Yoojin said as she pushed Joonie, Jazmin, and Angeline out of the room to the Cafeteria. I’m glad that I have friends like them and it helps me ease my worries even for a while.

At lunch I called my mother to check my father condition.

“His fever was still high, earlier he insists to work again but I secretly give him drowsy medicine so that he can sleep and rest for the day.” My mother said with a worried voice.

“Okay!! I’ll bring fruits later Mom” I said and hung up my mobile phone.

During lunch I barely touched my food. The girls get worried while Hyung Joon asked permission to eat my left over lunch.  After lunch Hyunjoon and I was in the male restroom.

 I’m decided I need to visit the company now. I thought. It will be the same, I can’t focus on the lesson and my mind will go somewhere else. I asked Hyung Joon to tell it to our teachers that I will be absent for afternoon class. I also ask permission from Jungmin so that I can be let out of the school and I went to SETI Inc.

Mr. Dee told me everything. Mr. Yu will be withdrawing his shares too. He has phoned it to our house and my mother already knows it. I felt sorry to myself that I can’t do anything and I can’t help.

“I will go to your father right now to discuss a possible alternative solution” he sighed.

“But he is still sick Mr. Dee. He needs to rest more and can it be possible to talk about it tomorrow?” I asked.

“OK. I will just tell him tomorrow and I still need to make some reports too.” He said.

After an hour, I bid goodbye to Mr. Dee. I bought some fruits and flowers and visited my Grandparents grave. I was waiting for a taxi when someone bumped into me and we both fell down.

The Grandma from behind who was running shouted “He got my bag!! Help!! Help!!”

The guy was about to stand and run but I quickly smashed the basket of fruits I bought to him. The guy must be strong that he still pushed me and run. I also run quickly and when I overtake him I gave him a kick that I learned from my taekwondo class when I was a kid but he dodged it. He swung the bag that he snatched and it hit me on the head.  

Ouch!! It was really hard and it really hurt. But I still quickly kicked him hard this time and it hit him. Then, I heard some whistle and I touched my painful forehead. Then, I felt my body weaken, my stomach growled, and my vision was blurred.

….

I wake up in an unfamiliar room, I sat up and checked my watch it was already 4pm. The breeze was cool coming from the window. I stand up and take a peek. I saw a huge beautiful garden.

“Am I dreaming?! Where am I” I thought to myself.

 A young boy opened the door. “Grandma!! Grandma!! Hyung was awake now.” He shouted.

I glance at him and he smiled. “Felt better Hyung?? Come outside and Grandma prepared a hot meal for you” He said as he started to pull me outside.

“Where am i??” I asked him.

“You’re in Grandma Rose farm.  My father said you help them a while ago outside the cemetery with that bad snatcher. Grandma and father brought you here because you where hurt” He said as he pointed on my head. That is when I notice the small bandage on my forhead.

At the Dining table, I meet Grandma Rose, she was so nice and she reminds me of my own Grandma. We thanked each other and we both laughed. The young boy was named Kei his parents where both loyal to Grandma Rose. They helped her in the farm and keep her company. They said, Grandma’s son and his family were already living at the States and they rarely visit her. Grandma Rose doesn’t want to come with them since she doesn’t want to leave her husband that she visits almost everyday.

I have fun with them. Grandma Rose and Kei tour me around the garden. It was beautiful and there was a pond where Kei said there were a lot of fished. Grandma Rose missed the day when her little granddaughter and his son will play around the pond and go fishing. She shared that her Granddaughter named “Issa” was around my age and we can really get along.

Noticing the sunset, I immediately bid to leave. Grandma Rose brought me some fruits that I can give to my sick father as a return.  She asked Kei father to drive me home to 501ville.

“Bye!! Kyujong dear!! ” She smiled and waved. “You can visit us sometime.”

After almost an hour of travel, I finally got home to 501ville.  My mother was worried since I forgot to call her and my father fever is getting low.  I opened my phone and saw some unread message and miscall from my mother and Yoojin. I texted her and prepared to sleep.

 

Saturday Afternoon

Dr. Dee visited my father, his fever had gone already. They immediately proceed to the office and they will met Mr. Yu today.

After 2 hours, I got a call from Kei, Grandma said his son is coming for a short visit and he wants to invite me for dinner. I can’t decline Grandma Rose so I just went to the said restaurant.

As I was walking to the restaurant entrance, I don’t know why but I felt nervous. Suddenly, I bumped into someone.

“Sorry Miss!!” I immediately said as I glance at the girl.

“Kyujong-shii?!” the girl said.

It was Yoojin and Jazmin was also behind her. Yoojin notice a small bandage at my forehead.

“What happened?? Are you okay?? Why are you here??” Yoojin asked continuously

“It’s~~” I’m about to answered her. When we heard a loud honked.

“Angeline!!! Yah!! Let’s go jin-shii!! See ya kyujongie.” Jazmin said and quickly dragged Yoojin to the car.

My eyes followed them as they entered the car and zoomed away. Wait, Angel-shii driving?? I thought. Maybe not and shook my head then I proceed to the restaurant entrance.

 

 

@the restaurant

When I entered the restaurant, I immediately was approached by the waiter. He led me to a private function area. As I entered the room, I saw Grandma Rose, Kei and his parents, a suite guy (maybe it’s Grandma Rose Son), Mr. Dee and my father. (Wait, did I just mention Mr. Dee and my father.

Everyone looked at me and I felt more nervous.  My father stands up, approached me, and smiled.

“Kyujong-ah my so proud of you.” He whispered.

He led me to Mr. Yu. I greeted and bowed to him. I also greeted Grandma and the others.

“Mr. Yu was Grandma Rose son???” I murmured.

“Yes, kyu dear… and I told him everything that you said and done yesterday.” Grandma Rose said “Well, remember what I said to you yesterday.

“Good Deeds will always have a surprise reward.” I answered.

Mr. Yu smiled. “A nice son was surely being guided by a good parent” then he glanced to my father. “Thus, I will trust my investment to a good CEO too”

“Thank you so much Mr. Yu” My father shook Mr. Yu’s hand and bowed.

“No need to be thankful Mr. Kim and besides we can just be family.” Grandma Rose grinned. “When will Issa come here?? So that Kyujong can accompany her” Grandma Rose asked.

“Tomorrow early morning I think her arrival is @ 7:00 am. I asked her to go with me but she said she still have important things to do. I can’t fetch her anymore since my flight to Taiwan will be tonight” Mr. Yu explained.

“Kyu~ dear can fetch her” Grandma Rose said and I shyly nodded too.

 “Yes. Mr. Yu, Kyujong can fetch her tomorrow since 501ville is just 30 minutes away from the airport.” My father also agreed.

We talked a lot more while we have our delicious dinner.  Then, we went to the Airport for Mr. Yu departure and thanked him again. I waved goodbye to Grandma Rose, Kei and his parents. Mr. Dee also drove me and my father to 501ville.

 When father and I went back to our house my mother opened the door and hugged me.

“Thankfully, you’re not with them” My mother said teary eyed. My father and I were looking at her questioningly.

“The girls got into an accident near Sofitel, you have dinner there right??” my mother explained.

“Girls?” my father asked.

“Angeline, Yoojin, and, Jazmin got into an accident earlier.  I’m so worried. I called Mrs. Woo earlier and the girls were okay and Yoojin will just stay for a night at the hospital.”

I wanted to go to the hospital but my mother said it will be better to visit her tomorrow. She still needs to rest since it was past 9pm already. I can’t help but worried. I called Yoojin and the other girl’s mobile phone but it was turned off. So I decided to call Joonie instead.

“Joonie?? Where are you?? I asked him when he answered my call.

“I’m on my way to 501ville, wae??”

“Yoojin and the girl’s got into an accident.” I said.

“WHAT!! JAZMIN... #@@@3!~” He shouted in the other line that made me take away the phone for awhile.

“Yah!! Joonie??” I said as neared the phone to my ear again. But he just hung up on me. I dialed his phone again and it now busy. I sighed.

I texted him and the girl’s before I went to sleep since I still have to fetch someone tomorrow morning.

@4:30 in the morning

 I set my alarm at 5:00 am but my Mom wake me up early in the morning. I sleepily walked to the bathroom and lousily fixed myself. After 30 minutes I walked downstairs just to be pushed back again by my mother to change my clothes. What’s wrong with a simple hoody-T-shirt paired with shorts, eventually I just followed her. 

After a few minutes, Kei father arrived to fetch me before going to the airport. My mother gave a pack sandwiches if ever Issa will get hungry as we travel to Grandma Rose Farm. I seated on the front passenger seat as we pass 501ville clubhouse. I was yawning while looking at the cars window as I saw Youngsaeng assisting Angeline as they exited the entrance to the pool area. 

“They were swimming at this early morning in the pool. The sun was not fully-awake too” I murmured to myself as I saw the sun slowly rising up.

6:50 AM @the Airport.

We were patiently waiting for the Plane and after a few minutes it has finally arrived. I saw “Issa” picture back at Grandma Rose house but she was still 12 years old back then. I tried to look for a familiar girl as passengers began to emerge from arrival area.

“There she is!!” Kei father uttered as he pointed out a beautiful girl in sunglasses with her long hair was ponytailed. “Issa!! Issa!!” he shouted.

“Uncle Joe!!” she run to us and hugged him.  “Where is Grandma Rose?” as she glance from behind where she finally recognize me.

I shyly smiled and greeted her. “Welcome Issa!! I’m Kim *hmm* Kyujong” I said stuttering.

“Ohh!! Hi Kyujong, I’m Yu Issa.” She smiled back and shook my hand.

Then, after a few minutes of getting to know each other, I find her very smart and nice. We past the awkwardness and it seem we were comfortable with each other as we drove to Grandma Rose farm.

 -(~_,~)-  Kyu jong