50lville

50lville (haitus)

scaled.php?server=29&filename=501saeng.j

CHAPTER 13:  Worries

 

6:42 AM

501ville streets

I wake up early morning so to have an early jogging with Deangie around 501ville. As I passed by Jazmin house a red car suddenly park and emerged a woman in her 30s I think with a driver who bring out her luggage. I warmly greeted her as she passed by me and she smiled back.

“Are you new here??” she asked.

“yes. I’m Heo Young Saeng ma’am. I just live next door a few weeks ago.” I replied warmly as I pointed to our house.

“I see. Welcome to 50ville you will surely meet a lot of friends here.” I felt awkward as she suddenly hugged me since I think I smell like sweat. I sighed and smiled shyly as she let go of me. “By the way, I’m Mrs.  Rozee Woo” she smiled again and wave at me as she walked to H27.

I think I’m beginning to like 501ville too. The people here were just so warm and friendly. I suddenly thought about Jazmin. “Now I know were Jazmin inherited her sweet personality” I thought and it made me smiled.

I went back to my room, take a bath, went downstairs for a breakfast with my Grandparents, and went to 501ville clubhouse to meet Hyunjoong.  Hyunjoong and I gotten so close, maybe it is about our same interest that makes me comfortable with him – MUSIC.

 

11:40 AM

501ville clubhouse

I have been patiently waiting for Hyunjoong who was already 20 minutes late.  He was the one who insisted to meet me here yesterday and he doesn’t even show up.

“Maybe he forgets” I sigh and keep on battling in my mind whether I will just leave or wait for more minute.

After 10 minutes, I’m about to leave when my mobile phone ring. I checked the caller before answering it. Speaking of the devil, I sighed.

“Yah!! Where are you??”

“Sorry YoungSaeng-ah, I overslept.” I heard him feeling sorry.

“I have been waiting for 30 minutes you know, and it will be almost lunch time!” I scolded him.

“Mianhee.. Oh yeah!! Just order some food take-outs for us charge it to me and come here at my house. I have to let you hear something… quick!!” I heard him said in an authoritative way.

“Wai~~~~” I stopped to answer back when I heard the other line hung up.

“Aissh!! That jerk, Hyun Joong!!” I murmured to myself. Spoiled brat and bossy indeed but I still involuntary follow him since he was the only guy teens I have been comfortable with beside Jazmin.

It has been  a month since I transferred here in 501ville but I’m still not used with the way teens were living here. Almost all of them here were living by themselves including Hyunjoong. Their parents were mostly busy and most of them business overseas who rarely visits them.

501ville is really a place for them where in most of the services were provided such as an everyday cafeteria, a private car service, recreational area, a mini convenience store, a gym, and other necessities were all provided. Of course everything will be charged to the homeowner’s accounts that were being paid by their rich parents.

A place for rich kids and their rich family, and I still can’t believe that I’ve been transferred here. It is not a place for a lonely child who lost his parents and force to live with his grandparents 9 months ago. For almost 18 years of my life, I have never known that my grandparents/parents belong to a rich family that can afford to buy a 50ville house unless they just won a lottery. But NO, my grandparents were not that fond lottery.  That’s why I still really can’t believe how we end up in this luxurious subdivision plus I have been transferred to a private school. When I once asked grandma about this, she said it was all from their pension and insurance from my grandparent’s burnt house. But, I’m still in doubts and when I asked them furthermore, GrandMa just answered with “I should just be thankful for everything we have”.

After that I never ask again thinking that grandma will be angry again, a fact that she was like an angry tiger when angry.

I ordered some random lunch pack for us and immediately walked to H24. Hyunjoong greeted me when I finally get into his doorstep. He welcomed and led me to the 2nd Floor where his room is. Like most of the houses here in 501ville, everything were furnished in a luxurious and personalized style of the owner.  Hyunjoong’s room was a little more spacious than mine and it also have a mini music room divided by a huge cabinet with a collection of CD’s, frames, and different style of guitar below.

“Welcome to my mini studio Youngsaeng-ah” he smiled proudly as he showed his room.

“WoW!! You have a wide collections, truly a soon to be musician” I said as I scan some of his CD’s.

“Thanks!!, but I’m still learning… You’re still better than me.” He smiled

 That was a long time ago; I’m really into music back then but everything change now because she’s gone. I thought as some happy memories flash in my head and I think my tears will flow soon.

I sighed trying my best to divert my attention to Hyunjoong’s room. I sat on the couch near the piano and a few frames caught my eye.  I recognize some of them I grabbed one of the pictures and stared intently at one of the girls. She does really look a lot like her.

“That was 501ville Teen Club Summer Camp 2 years ago” Hyunjoong said and I startled since I did not notice him behind me.

I nodded and quickly put the frame back. The next frame was a cute two kids smiling brightly while hugging each other. I think little boy is Hyunjoong when his around 5 years. “Who’s the girl?? “ I asked him.

He looked at the frame where I’m pointing too and smiled widely. “She’s my playmate….and she’s YooJin”.

“Really??” I was confused. “That’s why she seems familiar, but I never know you’re this close before. “

“I will only tell you this but YooJin and I was playmates back then.  Then, one day I propose to marry her at the sandbox and those some big kids saw it. They laughed at us so Yoojin run away crying but I fight them back. The next day Yoojin didn’t talked to me anymore, and my mom entered me in a Mr. little kids contest and I tried to won the contest hoping that Yoojin will like me again. Everyone loves me but Yoojin just stood away hating me more.” He explained to me seriously.

“Yah!! How could you talked about marriage when you’re still 5 years old!” I laughed.

“But I’m serious, I will win YooJin heart again that’s why I have been composing songs lately and be a good musician but I think I can’t get the right melody.”

He gave me a piece of paper and he began strumming his guitar. I looked at the paper and listened to him as he sings it.


[Chorus:] 
You are the girl of my dreams in my heart; I believe 
You are the girl of my dreams, baby 
Of my dreams 

All alone, in my room 
Wishing that you were here 
Without you, in my arms I'm holding back all of the tears 
Without you in my life I'll never be satisfied 
[Chorus] 

Sometimes I feel I could have been better to you 
All I want is a chance 
To prove that my love is true 
Without you in my life I'll never be satisfied 
[Chorus] 

Baby let's go back in time 
To when our hearts would shine 
And I could hold you tight In my dreams at night 
[Chorus(Repeat 3 times)]

Hyunjoong was hit hard by cupid’s love arrow. I grinned.  I spent almost 4 hours at H24 talking, playing, and composing. I felt relieved, and I think my passion for music is coming back. Thanks to a funny and love struck Hyunjoong. Maybe 501ville will be a great place for me afterall.

 

5:20 pm

H28

I went back home and I was surprised that my Grandparents have visitors. It was Mrs. Rozee Woo for the second time I introduced myself and greeted her warmly.

 

“Such a nice young man, I’m sure he will gain new friends here. Did you meet my daughter JazMin already??” She asked.

 

“ahh.. Jazminshii? Oh yes… She was nice and I help her baked some cookies yesterday.” I replied.

“I see.  That’s great!  Please treat my little Jazmin as your younger sister. “She smiled as she tapped my shoulder lightly.  “Oh!! We could spend a BBQ dinner tonight as my Welcome party for my new neighbor.”

“Oh. No need Mrs. Woo.” My GrandMa declined politely.

 

“I insist because here in 501ville we treat each other as a family” Mrs. Rozee said and smiled at my Grandparents.  “And beside I will have flight back to Hongkong again tomorrow.

 

Then the doorbell rung, I opened the door and a panicked girl said “Is Mrs. Woo here??”

 

The girl was Kaycee Kim, I have been introduced to him by Hyunjoong before because she lived @ H29 just in front of our house.

 

She immediately went to Mrs. Woo “My Dad called, He said Jazmin, Angeline, and Yoo Jin unnies had car accident and they were at the Hospital.”

 

“OH My!! What happened??” Mrs. Woo cried and panicked. GrandMa comforted her, and my mind just went blank and I felt hurt again.

 

“I also don’t know, I contacted Jungmin Oppa already, and he’s on his way to the Police station since it was his car.” Kaycee explained.

 

Mrs. Woo immediately called her driver, and Grandma insisted that I should come too. I did not refuse since I’m also worried about them and I comforted Mrs. Woo who is crying and praying at the same time. Kaycee also went to H19 to inform YooJin mother, knowing that YooJin was also in the accident, I texted Hyunjoong and he keep on calling afterwards but I can’t answer since my battery went dead.

 

@ The hospital

We arrived at the hospital and quickly walked to the emergency room. On the emergency room lobby I saw Jazmin crying and her clothes were full of blood. Mrs. Woo run into her daughter and hugged her.

 

“Mom!!! I was so scared..” Jazmin uttered while crying.

 

“It’s Okay dear, what happened?? Are you okay?? Where are Angeline and Yoojin?” Mrs. Woo asked her while checking her every part.

 

I felt so sad and helpless as I saw Jazmin, is it déjà vu?? But I felt relieved that Jazmin was still in full piece and when the doctor (Kaycee father) went out from the emergency room.

 

“Dr. Kim, was the guy okay??” Jazmin asked still sobbing.

 

“He was still unconscious, then he lost a lot of blood, and I was thankful Yoojin had a same blood type with that young man.” he explained.

 

“How’s Yoojin?? And where is Angeline??” Mrs. Woo asked.

 

“Yoojin slept after we get the some blood.  I think she’s stressed from what happened we will transfer her on another room.” Dr. Kim explained.

 

“Mom, Angeline was with Jungmin and they went to police station. Angeline drive Jungmin’s car and it bumped with a motorcycle which the guy was driving.” Jazmin explained and she looked at me. I think she now notice that I was with her mom.

 

“Where is my son???” a panicked old lady arrived with his husband.

 

Dr. Kim approached them and explained everything. I eyed them as they went inside a room and Mrs. Woo accompany the couple and asked for forgiveness for the accident.

 

“Youngsaengshii, why are you here??” Jazmin suddenly asked me.

 

I stared at her tongue-tied and I just want to hug her but I can’t. What will I say?? I thought to myself. My mind was still blank. Her eyes keep on reminding me of Minji, I just want to hug her but I’m just frozen and we stared each other. Then, Hyunjoong came running and stopped between us.

 

“Jin-shii?? is she alright?? Where is she??” Hyunjoong kept on asking us tapping our shoulders.

 

“Ohh!! My Goodness!! Jin-shii!! Jinshii!!” Hyunjoong cried as he saw blood from Jazmin clothes. He run on the ER windows and continued to cried out “Jinshii!!”.

 

Jazmin and I who was shocked on Hyunjoong’s panicked mode just shrugged each other elbows to tell him what happened.

 

The ER room opened and Yoojin who was sleeping in the mobile hospital bed was transferred on a temporary special room. Hyunjoong run into it and grab the hand of Yoojin.

 

“Jin-shii!! Jin-shii!! wake up??” Hyunjoong called out in desperate cried.

 

I don’t know but I felt like laughing right now.  I’m about burst out but Jazmin glared at me.

 

“Yah!! Hyunjoong, can you calm down” I heard Jazmin said. “Yoojin just sleeping and were okay so don’t wake her up. She’s tired since she just donated her blood.”

 

Hyunjoong who was back to his calm mode and now recognize the stares from us and the nurses immediately walked near us and said in a low voice. “Yah!! Why you only said it now??” as he hit me lightly on my shoulder.

 

“How can we answer your question when you keep on saying, Jinshii!! Jinshii!!” I explained as I imitating his actions a while ago. Jazmin laughed teasing Hyunjoong too.

 

Mrs. Woo and Dr. Kim came back. We went to Yoojin room and Jazmin decided to change into the patient’s dress too since the blood starting to smell bad. When Mrs. Lee (Yoojin mother) came who will stay with Yoojin overnight we decided to leave back to 501ville.

 

8:24 PM

H27

 

We had an awesome BBQ dinner and I ate a lot.  I help Nanny Luz in washing the dishes afterwards while Grandma and Mrs. Woo still having tea at the back area. I decided to go home since Grandpa was already at our house.  I walked to the door and saw Jaazmin sitting in the veranda staring at the stars while Aibakun’s cage was on her side.

 

I made a fake coughs.  “Can I know what have you been thinking??” I asked and sit beside her.

“Oh.. Youngsaengshii..” She smiled. “I’m just thankful about everything that happened today, I was just so blessed.” She replied.

 

“Yeah!! It is because you’re so nice and kind.  I was scared and worried too because I also lost my family in car incident. I know how your mother feels when we know that you’re in an accident.”

 

“Thank you for comforting her on the way to the hospital”

 

“Yah!! So you should be careful next time, you really made your mother so worried.” I warned her.

 

“You sound like an older brother” she laughed, “but you know, I like it… I always wonder how it was to have an older brother or sister. I think it will be great!!”

 

“Really??  You can treat me as your older brother then” I said beaming and I patted her head.

 

“so from now on I will call you youngsaeng oppa!!” she said proudly as she stands and her hands on her ways.

 

“Just call me Saengie/Saeng Oppa that will be better just like Minji does.” I said smiling at her as I ruffled her bangs.

 

“Who’s Minji??” she suddenly asked.

 

“She’s m~~~”

 

“Baby Girlllllll!! Baby Girllllll!!” someone shouted

 

We looked at the voiced direction and saw Hyung Joon running towards us.

 

“I just got the news… Mom said you had an accident... Are you hurt?? Where??” Hyunjoon said while panting heavily and he even didn’t notice me.

“Yah!! Joonie, can please calm down… you’re the one that don’t look okay.. shhss!!” Jazmin said as she assists him to rest for awhile. “Saeng oppa, can you please get a glass of water??”

 

That was when Hyungjoon noticed me. He looked at me while he was still panting. I smiled at him and quickly followed what Jazmin ordered. Hyungjoon reminded me of someone from the hospital I thought to myself and grinned. I brought back a glass of water and Jazmin grabbed it to let Hyungjoon drink.

 

“Thank you!!” he smiled after he drinks the glass of water. (Did he just glare at me??)

 

Then Mrs. Woo and Grandma came out. Hyungjoon greeted Mrs. Woo and Grandma. We bid goodbye and walked to our house. I went to my room and prepare myself to bed.  I lied sideway and saw Minji’s picture frame I grinned as I remember what Jazmin and I talked about.

 

~~”Saeng Oppa!! Saeng Oppa!! Saeng Oppa!!” I heard Minji’s Cries. I looked behind and I saw here fading.. and fading away. I tried to reach for her but she just too far away.. Then I keep on calling here..

Min Ji!! Min Ji!! Min Ji!!  I still reaching for her hands then someone grabbed it..

I can’t see her eyes, her nose, but I can see her smile, then I heard screams, collision and fires….~~

 

BLAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

“Ouch!!” I scream as I felt pain in my . “it was a dream again!!” I sighed. I stand and wiped the sweats from my forehead.  I get a glass of water to drink downstairs and sit on the couch.

 

I checked the time it was 3:01 am.

 

“I can’t sleep anymore. Aissh!!” I went up to my room to change my pajama. Then, I went outside. It was still dark but I decided to jog around 501ville park.

 

I jogged for almost 30 minutes already, I decided to sit on the playground near the pool because I’m getting tired, sweaty though it was still cold, and my mind was still unfocused.

 

 I reach my forehead and palm face as I sit tiredly on the swing. “What was that dream about??”. I murmured. I’m not really a superstitious person but for almost 3 consecutive nights’s my dream was still the same. “Minji-yah….” I called out her name in a soft tone.

 

Suddenly I heard someone crying, “Oh God!! Minji, I know you miss me, but please don’t scare me like that, you know your Saeng Oppa don’t like Ghost right?? I promise I will visit you tomorrow.” I cried and a little bit frightened. Then the girl’s voice who was crying ended.

 

I felt relieved, “Gosh!!, I never know that 501ville was a haunted place.” I thought. I started to stand and went back to our house when splashes of water were heard. “Hmm. Someone is on the pool right this hour??”

 

Curious of whom might it be, I went near the pool side area and saw the gate opened.  I walked inside and saw someone floating. I decided to go back but I recognize that it was a girl and is she swimming still wearing a bathrobe.

 

I debate myself whether to ask her or I will just have to leave her.  Who will be swimming in this hour and besides it was a bit dark and cold. I made a fake coughs but she was still not moving.

 

“Yah!! Miss?? Miss?? Are you alright??” I asked.  Is she trying to suicide or something?? I don’t want to be suspected here. I thought.

 

Yah!! Miss!! Miss!! Miss!!” I shouted again and I saw her back getting drown on the pool. I don’t know why but I panicked, I don’t want to see someone died again.  I pull out my shoes and run for a dive on the pool. I shivered because of the cold from the morning air and the pool water.

 

I swim near the girl. I shrugged her but she didn’t even move an inch. I turned her body to see her face/ “Angeline…” I swim back on the pool side and trying my best to carry her out of the pool. She was still unconscious.

 

“Angel-shii??? Angel-shii??” I panicked and began to slap her face lightly. I was wondering what to do next or I should get some help. Who could be awake at this hour??  I thought and scolded myself.

I just need to do something and my body panicked and begun to move. I breathe in and tried my best to give her a CPR thing. After a minute I heard her coughs some water and opened her eyes slowly.

 

“Youngsaeng-shii…” she said in a lifeless voice.

 

I hold her hand and move her little closer to me to hug her. I felt scared and worried again.

 

(--_--) Young Saeng