#7 기회 Chance

Reply Country Girl

In life, there are many chances given to you. As someone famous once said, when a door closes on you, a window opens. Life is full of opportunities, if you missed one, another one is bound to come your way. Is that why I am given a second chance? 

//

Guk: Ji, can I come to your cafe now? I need to talk to you.
Jiji: Sure, the cafe's pretty empty now.

Eunji was puzzled, Inguk sounded different, almost sad in a bad way. Inguk likes calling Eunji "Jiji" and not just "Ji". Something was definitely wrong. 

//

"Jiji~" Eunji looked up from the cashier and sees a tear-stained Inguk. Eunji ran quickly towards him and all she got was a very tight hug. Next thing she felt was Inguk's tears falling on her shoulder. Eunji just stayed in her position, she knew she shouldn't say a word. Something probably happened and she shall wait for Inguk to tell her first. But Inguk was a very tall and huge guy, blocking the cashier was not a very good idea. 

"Guk ah, let's sit down and not block the others okay?" Eunji released herself from the hug and held Inguk's hand, walking over to the corner that Junmyun always sat. Funny, Junmyun isn't here for lessons today.  

"We went to the gay club yesterday. I saw him grinding everyone in the club, but he was even grinding the girls. I suspected he wasn't gay, so I asked him. He brought up trust issue problems again and we fought. Joonhee then..." Inguk broke into tears again. Eunji didn't need more words to know that Joonhee initiated a breakup. 

"He even said I was too needy! Am I needy?" Inguk bawls as he wipes his tears on Eunji's blouse. Eunji's eyes widened at the mix of tears and mucus, making a mental note to clean and sanitize herself. Yet, she was thinking about the breakup. Did she have a chance now that they are not together? But they are her best friends and she said she didn't like Inguk anymore. Why does she feel happy that they aren't together anymore? Is she supposed to be glad? 

//

"I wonder what we're going to learn today." Junmyun walks into the cafe, only to see someone else in his usual seat other than Eunji. He notices the big build, that is currently talking to Eunji. Junmyun pauses, taking a double take at the big build. 

"Inguk-ssi..." Junmyun's heart sunk all the way to his shoes. Despite Eunji confirming the fact that the relationship was simply a decoy, Junmyun couldn't believe her. What he is seeing right now contradicts with what she says! 

Do I even have a chance? Is Inguk and Eunji's relationship even fake?  

//

Junmyun: Sorry, I'm sick today. I won't be able to make it for lesson today. 

Junmyun was right about being sick, he lost his voice. He could barely speak, with what he just saw. Today is definitely not his day. As much as he needed to ask why were they hugging, he swallowed his words and left the cafe. 

//

"Guk, are you here?" Joonhee runs into the cafe. He felt that he needed to apologize for what he had done to him. Coincidentally, Eunji had left for her chicken delivery job already. 

"I'm sorry Inguk. I have something to tell you." 
"You aren't really gay, are you?"
"So you knew..."
"It wasn't that hard to find out. You grinded the girls in the club so happily."
"It's not that I dislike you or anything, but I just realised that I may not be gay. I just wanted comfort, for the lack of closeness you had with Eunji. Also, because I liked Eunji." 
"You could have just chased her."
"I couldn't. She treats me as a best friend... and she has someone she likes." 
"Who?"
"Dumb ." 

With that one last sentence, Joonhee decided it was enough knowledge for Inguk. He shouldn't tell so much. He leaves the cafe. 

"Joonhee ah!" Eunji appears at the cafe as if it was planned.
"Don't talk to me. I need some time to think. I'll text you tonight."

Eunji was puzzled. What did he need to think about? 

//

"So how was the talk?"
"It was bad. He told me he wasn't gay. I've been lied to." 
"Oh..." Eunji was speechless, she always thought Joonhee was gay, by his almost feminine habits of being very particular about cleaning. 
"Perhaps by any chance, do you like anyone now?"
"No, why would you ask that?"
"Joonhee was lying again then. That liar."  How can I tell you I like you. No way would I be in my right mind to confesss now.  
"I used to like someone, but I wonder if I still like him."
"Well, he liked you."
"WHAT?!" That was new news to Eunji. 
"Yeah, you might wanna ask him about that."

Inguk gets up to leave. Eunji was still shocked over the fact that Joonhee had liked her. Inguk stares at her, sighs and leaves the cafe. 

//

In life, many things can happen. You'll never what happens in the next minute, because anything can change and everything will change. Joonhee, Guk and Eunji were best friends but look what happened. What about Junmyun? What's Eunji actual choice? How will she make her decision, or who will she end up siding with? Is Joonhee really faking his 'gay' identity? 

[Author's note: HOHOHO. A really short update, because I wrote this on the way to my dance lesson. Didn't really think much because I wrote the summary of it a week ago. So I just barely expanded on it. Don't worry, Chapter 8 is slightly better, with more words and more proper content. But I'll update only 2 weeks later! Enjoy reading! Wow 30 subscribers! Thank you for subscribing everyone! ^^ Remember to upvote if you like my story so far hehe]