#14 게임이 끝이야? 아니다. Is the game over yet? No.

Reply Country Girl

"So you just have to make sure you slow down if you forget your points, speak clearly, enuniciate well. You should be fine." Eunji wrapped up her lesson with Junmyun.

"Do you need a ride home? I'm sorry for the extra hours." Junmyun had a huge interview tomorrow and requested for a longer lesson. It turned out to last more than just 2 hours, it was already 10.30pm when they ended. The cafe had long closed.

"Nah, it's okay. I'm going to pack up before leaving. You can make a move first." Eunji smiled, appreciating the gesture. Junmyun's chauffeur honked the horn right on time, Junmyun waved a timid bye before leaving.

Eunji packed up and locked the doors. She walked to the bus stop for her bus.  Thankfully, the bus arrived very quickly. She boarded the bus and sat down, taking out her earphones as the bus moved to the next bus stop. Upon reaching the next stop, Eunji noticed someone familar boarding the bus.

//

"Inguk ah, stop drinking. It's not good. Just go home already, we're leaving tomorrow so let's just leave together!" Sungjae coaxed Inguk, but sighed after realising that Inguk was already knocked out.

"Inguk ah, wake up. This is the bus stop, take the bus back okay. I'm going somewhere else first before going home! Reach home safely you ." Sungjae still wanted to party, leaving the drunk Inguk at the bus stop to figure out his way home.

Inguk barely opened his eyes to see that the bus he needed to board was here. He stumbled towards the curb, nearly falling. Boarding the bus, his alcohol stench reeked through the entire bus, making some passengers pinch their nose while shaking their head.

Inguk continues his stumble as he sat down at the seat in front of Eunji. He doesn't notice Eunji's existence.

//

What is he doing here? Isn't he gone already? Joonhee left for home 2 weeks ago. Why is he drunk?

Eunji had so many questions. She contemplated if she should move her position to sit next to him. She didn't dare to, after what happened previously. Her tongue subconsciously her lips, moisting it.

Right then, Inguk pressed the bell. The bus came to a stop and he got off. Eunji was in a dilemma. Should she get off so she can make sure Inguk doesn't get into any trouble?

Ah WHATEVER! Eunji got off and followed Inguk stealthily, careful not to let him know that she was behind.

//

Inguk was so tired. He was so pissed at himself, he ruined all his chances. Seeing Junmyun and Eunji together, he couldn't take it anymore. He walked to a Soju stall and drank too much. Stumbling home, he realises how stupid he was for ruining his chances with Eunji. He shouts in anger. He wants to give up. He will return to Busan and marry whatever woman his father arranged. He will attend a normal university, degrading his abilities to perform outstandingly.

After much trouble reaching home, Inguk searches for his house keys, fumbling his pocket and dropping his handphone at the same time. He cursed while sighing. He couldn't even find his house keys, or take care of himself, he doesn't deserve Eunji. He opens his house and enters, forgetting to lock the door behind.

He drags himself to the sofa and laid down. He was too tired to bother about showering or anything, he won't need to appeal to anyone since he can't. He slowly falls into deep slumber.

Eunji ya, why are you doing this... Eunji walks into the house as the door was unfortunately open. She locks the door behind her and sighs as she sees Inguk sprawled over the sofa. She couldn't help but walk over, shifting Inguk into a log position so he would sleep better.

Eunji then notices the beads of pespiration on his forehead, accompanied by the wrinkles that didn't used to be there. Eunji's forehead frowned too, she was worried about Inguk's life. She wipes Inguk's forehead with her handkerchief. Inguk stirred.

Eunji was stealthy enough to keep her hand to herself, but she wasn't strong enough to turn her back against Inguk. Inguk was obviously in pain, from a nightmare, she knew. But she had to leave, she never meant to stay. 

Eunji stares at Inguk a while longer, before deciding that it's time for her to go home. Then she turns to leave. But a hand grabbed her knee. Inguk murmured. Eunji bent down to listen. 

"Don't leave... Please... I love you... Eunji ya..." Tears fell from Inguk's face as he murmured that few words. Eunji was shellshocked. Her legs gave way, she dropped to the ground and broke down. She never meant for Inguk to suffer like this. What made him become like this? Only then she realised that the answer is her. 

Inguk woke up upon hearing her sobs, still drunk. He sees Eunji in front of him and smiles.

"Eunji ya, you came to me. You came, don't go please. Please." Inguk held Eunji's hand and wiped off her tears. 
"You can always... because I..." Inguk fell back to the sofa, he was knocked out for real this time. Eunji stared at Inguk who fell asleep again, evident from the slight snoring. She giggled at his adorable snores that came like little pig snorts. 

No, Eunji, don't do this. Walk out of his life right now, he won't remember a thing. He needs to live his life properly, you don't like him!  

Eunji sighed and stood up, her hand still held on by Inguk. She tried to release her hand, prying her hand away, but Inguk was too strong. She pulled her hand, but she fell back right on top of Inguk due to the heavy momentum from Inguk's pull. Inguk hugged Eunji naturally like a bolster and continued to snore. 

Eunji felt warmth, she felt the same warmth she felt back when she was in Busan. She felt home. She knew this was wrong, she could just stand up and slap Inguk, but nothing in her mind was about her leaving. She only knew she wanted to feel this warmth, she wanted to feel like she was back at home. She missed home. She missed the days where she could hang out freely with Inguk and Joonhee, she didn't want to go through all this friendship and relationship trouble. She hated all these. Eunji felt warm tears drop on her cheeks, she couldn't hold it in anymore. She felt so tired of her life, too tired. With the tears, she embraced the warmth and fell asleep, in the tender arms of Inguk. 

//

"Eunji... what are you doing here?" It was bright, the sun had rose long ago and Inguk finally woke up. He realises he was not hugging a bolster but Eunji. He shook Eunji, asking her. 

"What am I doing here?" Eunji looked around, then she remembered everything that happened last night. 
"I am here because I decided to stupidly follow you since you were drunk and I did not want to see my friend lying on the asphalt tomorrow, with news announcing that you were going to be captured for being a vagabond. I am here because I end up entering your house just to lock your door, only to see that you were sweating and sleeping in the weirdest position ever. I am here because you forced me to stay by holding on to my knee, telling me not to leave, then making me fall onto you. I am here because you hugged me to sleep. What am I doing here?! You ask yourself that question!" Eunji was pissed, she did not mean to sleep in his arms, that was not her intention. She slammed the door behind her as she walked out of the house, leaving the barely sober Inguk still lying on the sofa. 

"She thinks I am a friend. I have hope! The game is not over until I say so! I have hope!" Inguk was barely sober, but he caught the most important word, friend. They were still friends, he could still meet her and then try to chase her. He had hope! 

[Author's note: I thought it was very cheesy and k-drama like when I wrote this chapter, especially with the sofa situation. But I thought it fit the chapter, considering that this is meant to be really cheesy to make you readers feel all fuzzy wuzzy inside hehe. Did I manage to do that? Do comment below to tell me how you feel about this chapter! Till the next chapter then, what will happen to Inguk? ;)]