#10 별일 아니야 (It's Nothing)

Reply Country Girl

"Eunji ya, you feeling better?"
"Yeah, all better. Thanks unnie."

Eunji was back at the cafe. She works harder than ever, trying hard to forgot what seemed like a bad nightmare yesterday.

Junmyun appears like nothing happens, hoping to have a lesson with Eunji.

"Eunji-ssi, a caramel macchiato please." Eunji types the order into the machine.

"Eunji-ssi." Junmyun stops Eunji from walking over.
"Are you... feeling better?"
"Yeah, I'm good." Eunji answered monotonously without even looking at him. He sighs before moving to his usual corner.

//

"Eunji-ssi, do you think you can teach me how to react in different situations? How to use different tones of speech during different situations?"
"Uh, sure."

It was the non-peak hour and Junmyun wanted to know more about Eunji's incident yesterday.

"So what situations do you want to learn?"
"The situation of when you're shocked and not being able to say anything? How do you say something to lie to people that you're okay when you're not?"
"Well, you can pretend you didn't see anything and continue to say whatever you wanted to say."
"Could you give me an example?" Junmyun smiles.
This man here sure can speak well now, his smile...

"Erm okay. Let's say you were going out with friend A because friend B abandoned you due to school work. Later on the street, you meet B because he was out with his girlfriend. How should you react?"
Junmyun rubbed his lips as he thought. He wasn't smart, neither could he speak well, he only had the looks and wealth.

"You go up... and say Hi?"
"Okay, something like that. To make sure you even insult and hit your friend so close to home he'll never abandon you anymore, you can say something like 'Oh, hey B! I thought you were studying at home, fancy seeing you out here!' "

"But..." Junmyun looks at Eunji with that puppy dog pout and eyes.
"I don't have strength to hit someone close to their home..." Eunji pauses and rolls her eyes at Junmyun. It is at these moments when Eunji thinks she is too smart for guys like Junmyun.

"I didn't mean it literally. It's a figure of speech!!!" Eunji cursed silently.

"Then what if it was the situation of the hotel? If you were me, how would you tell Eunji about Inguk?" Junmyun probed further. 
"Junmyun-ssi." 
"Tell me what happened." Junmyun was firm. He just wanted to know if he should leave her alone. 
"It's nothing." 
"It's not nothing. You drank yourself drunk, you refused to turn up for work. You pretended to be sick, what else did you do-"

"HE KISSED ME OKAY HE KISSED ME." Eunji yelled, bursting into tears. Even the wild girl has her down moments, she couldn't take the questioning, or rather interrogating. 
"I'm so so sorry." Junmyun knew he crossed the line. They were just teacher and student, nothing else was supposed to happen other than her teaching him how to speak well. 

"I'll make it up for you!" 
"You want to kiss me too?!" Eunji laughed. Her crisp laughter broke the frozen atmosphere that was almost solemn. 
"N-n-no. I meant I could treat you or something..." Junmyun's words ran back into his mouth again. He still couldn't bring himself to ask her out. 

"You're asking me out on a date? My student who can't speak well, can ask me on a date? Of course it's a yes! To celebrate your improvement on your speech!" Eunji was happy, anything free was worthy to be happy of. 

"I'll text you the details. Be prepared early tomorrow." 
"Tomorrow? But I have duties tomorrow." 
"Ask someone to cover for y-you?" Junmyun was nervous all right, he was going out with Eunji finally. 
"But, we set a schedule... Hmm, I can ask Chorong unnie to cover for me. See you tomorrow then. Sorry about today's lesson, we didn't get to do much." 
"It's okay. I learnt about you, that's pretty good isn't it?" Junmyun looked on the floor, how cheesy could he get?!
"So, I'll s-see you tomorrow." Junmyun runs out of the cafe. 

 

//


I wonder where is he going to bring me to?  
Just then, a text came in.

Red Carpet: You have an appointment at 4pm in the afternoon tomorrow. Our location is at Apgujeong Rodeo #01-01. See you tomorrow. 

Red Carpet?! Isn't that expensive?!! Oh wait, Junmyun's loaded with cash.  

 

//

 

Eunji walks into the hair salon with bunned hair and her usual outfit, which consisted of pretty much her down jacket, grey blouse and white sweater with jeans. 

"Welcome to Red Carpet, have you made an appointment?"
"Uh, yeah at 4pm? Someone sent me here."
"Oh, Junmyun-ssi's appointment. Please head to the 4th floor. You can choose to either take the lift or the stairs!" 

"I'll... take the lift!" Eunji wanted to try the lift. She has never been to such a posh place and she always walked where ever she went. The lift goes up as she stares at the buttons in awe. The screen on top of the door says 'Level 4' and the door opens with 2 rows of stylists waiting for her. As soon as she takes her first step, the stylists whoosh her away into the shower. 

She takes a beautiful aroma bath before she wears a towel bathrobe. Eunji felt at ease as the masseuse massaged her, while a dermatologist worked on her skin. She changes into the outfits that Junmyun prepared, with the stylists nodding or shaking their heads fervently. Thankfully, her size was easy for her to get nice clothes and the stylists decided that she shall wear a simple long-sleeved white dress and a black trench coat. 

Eunji looks at herself in the mirror. She then spots the price tag that hasn't been cut off, a peek at the price tag brought weakness to her knees. The dress itself was 160,000won!!! (That's about 1800 US dollars now) She takes a deep breath. 

"Excuse me, could I have another dress instead? Perhaps the cheapest one?"
"Sorry? This dress happens to be the cheapest!" The stylist looked at the price tag and laughed. Eunji then realises how rich Junmyun is. 

//

Just as Eunji finishes setting her hair, the posh limousine arrives at the front porch of the salon. Junmyun steps out from the limousine wearing a standard suit, looking extremely smart. Eunji's heart started to pump even faster, she was not used to wearing such dresses, neither was she used to seeing Junmyun like this. Her stomach flutters with butterflies as she took the lift down to meet Junmyun. 

[Author's note: WHOOP! 3 cheers for Junmyun because he's one step closer to Eunji now. But then, who knows when will Inguk come back? At this point of time, the Busan gang are about to leave for Busan again because the new year is coming and they have to go home to check which university they got into. So with Inguk still around, will Eunji forget him that easily? Stay tuned for the next chapter!

Give a beautiful upvote if you like the story and comment if you want to tell me something about the chapter! Comments are really really appreciated!! Thank you for reading! xoxo

 

Also, I'm terribly sorry for not updating for such a long time T__T It was the Chinese New Year period so I didn't really touch my laptop nor had any inspiration for the next few chapters, but here's chapter 10 now! Thank you for supporting!!]