#15 어떡하죠... What do I do?

Reply Country Girl

"Eunji ya, let's meet up one last time! We're leaving for Busan tomorrow." 

Yoojung phoned Eunji as she packed her bag, after such a long holiday in Seoul, it was time to return to the countryside. 

//

Out of sight, out of mind. Eunji chanted as she walked to the cafe. The Busan gang planned to meet today at the cafe, as Eunji had a shift that day. Eunji's thoughts wandered back and forth about Inguk and Suho. Despite not seeing both for at least a week now, she was thinking about them. Why hasn't Suho find her for lessons? Where did he go? Is Inguk okay after the incident? 

 

She opens the door to the cafe and spots Joonhee. She asks him to wait as she changed into her uniform before coming out again. She sat next to Sungjae who was playing with a ridiculous plushtoy. 

"Eunji ya, when we will see you again? Are you coming back to visit your parents soon?" 

"I don't think it'll be anytime soon. Ya, Sungjae what are you doing? You're leaving and you don't bother saying that you'll miss me?!" Eunji snatched the toy from Sungjae, evoking a huge yell from him. 

"Give me back my oo!" Sungjae whined, inviting only laughter and mocking. 

"Okay, I'll miss you! Happy? Give oo back!" Eunji returned Sungjae his toy. 

"When's the bus ride?"

"10pm tonight!" Joonhee smiled at Eunji, a smile she hasn't seen in a while, a smile she yearned to have. She hasn't been the happiest girl recently. 

 

Just then, Inguk walked into the cafe. Joonhee saw him and whispered angrily, asking why is Inguk here. Eunji shrugged her shoulders. 

 

"I thought I should come by and say bye. I didn't expect so many people. You guys are returning today too?"

"You dimwit, we booked the tickets together." Jiwon spoke, rolling his eyes. 

"Oh right." Just then, Inguk's phone rang. He picked up, only to hold the phone away from his ear as a loud shrill erupted from the phone. When the shrill ended, Inguk put the phone next to his ear. 

"What?! I'm coming back, don't yell!"

"You're entering Seoul University!" 

"Okay. Your point is...?"

"You will not come back to Busan, stay there in Seoul! I'll ship your necessities over! I love you SON!" 

The call ended. Inguk stares at Eunji. 

"Do you have an extra room to spare? My rent is up already. I don't have money till my mom ships my things over."

"Uhm..." Eunji was at a lost. If he was going to be this close all the time, will she be distracted? 

"Yes, she agrees." Joonhee calmly spoke, answering the question for Eunji. 

//

"So this is the room you'll be staying in. Don't ever come to my room if you don't need to."
"Yeah okay." Eunji slammed the door right in Inguk's face and walked back to her room. 

Why did I even let Joonhee agree to this? I don't even want to see him. What is going to happen to out of sight out of mind?! I am so screwed. Please don't let me fall in love with him again! Wait, again? Oh god, what is wrong with you Park Eunji?! Stop it! Eunji was rolling back and forth on her bed as she contemplated over letting Inguk stay in her apartment. She was panicking, she cannot let her inner thoughts get to her. She is simply the landlord, he the tenant. There is no other form of relationship there. 

Junmyun: Hey Eunji-ssi, are you free tomorrow? Could I have a lesson? I want to tell you about the interview I went to. 
Eunji: Oh? Okay, but I'm not working tomorrow. Come by my house? Sinchon Road, 4th house from the right! 
Junmyun: I'll see you tomorrow Eunji-ssi. 
Eunji: Junmyun ah, please drop the ssi. It's getting on my nerves.
Junmyun: Okay, Eunji? 

Eunji slapped herself, did she just invite another guy to her house? What was she thinking?!

//

Junmyun arrives early with breakfast in hand, knocking on Eunji's door. The door opened ajar with a shirtless Inguk in sight, with ruffled hair and eyes barely opened. Junmyun did not expect that.

"Why-why-why are you h-h-here?" 
"Oh? Oh... it's you." Inguk neglected Junmyun's questions and greetings and left the door open, walking back to the sofa to sleep. As he walked back, he yelled for Eunji. 

"EUNJI YA! STUTTER BOY IS HERE! WHY IS HERE SO EARLY IN THE MORNING! ANSWER THE DOOR WOMAN!" 

Before Inguk could even continue yelling, he reached his sofa and fell back to sleep. Eunji walks out of her room and sees the ugly sight in front of her. She couldn't help but cover Inguk with a blanket, including his face. She walks over to the door, inviting Junmyun into the apartment. 

"You're early."
"I brought you breakfast Eunji-ssi."
"I said not to call me with formalities! We have known each other for a while now and you still want to call me with formalities? Are you a man?!" 
"Y-yes I am... I think." Junmyun mentally slapped himself for having such low confidence. Strike one.

"So, how was the interview?"
Junmyun was silent for a while as he observed Inguk from the kitchen table. They had settled down as Eunji chomped down on the free breakfast Junmyun provided. 
"Ya, Kim Junmyun! Did you not hear my question?"
"S-sorry." Junmyun mentally slapped himself once more. Strike two.  

"What's your question?"
"I asked how was the interview! Ugh, are all Seoul men like that?"
"The interview was okay. I managed to answer most of the questions without stuttering, but my voice was soft towards the end of the meeting. No, not all Seoul men are like that..." Junmyun's words trailed off. Strike three, Kim Junmyun you're out.  

Junmyun failed to even talk to Eunji properly, whatever happened to the slightly charismatic Junmyun during their date previously? 

"Ah, that's an improvement at least. You'll be better. Soon you will be good at interviews, but what are the interviews for?" 
"That's confidential... Eunji-ssi, I can't tell you." Oh god, is there a strike four? I'm probably sent out of the game forever already.  

"Confidential? Kim Junmyun, please don't tell me you're the son of Hyundai's or Samsung's CEO are you?" Eunji laughs as she finished her breakfast with a slurp and a burp. 
HOW DID SHE KNOW?! HOW COULD SHE?! IS SHE THAT SMART?!
"Uh uh uh no? I am not THAT rich you know." Junmyun tries as hard as he could to come up with a lie. Kim Junmyun, this is strike five already. What are you doing?! Get a grip!  
"I know, I was teasing you. Please, you can't be that rich. Samsung is really rich, taking all our money and all." Eunji sighs. 
Oh Eunji, I could give you a thousand phones for free. If only you knew.

At that moment, Inguk finally decided that he was hungry and woke up. He walks over to Eunji and poked her. 

"Ya, I want food. Can you make me breakfast?"
"Cook yourself you idiot. Make your own breakfast. Can't you see I have a guest over? Go wash up and change. Don't make me call your mom you incompetent child." 
"Make me breakfast!" Inguk whined at Eunji. Junmyun stares at the entire situation with a poker face, although he has already puked all over his brain. 
Eunji pushes Inguk away and trudges to the refridgerator. She takes out kimchi and instant rice, giving it to Inguk and then sitting back down with Junmyun. 

"Where were we? Oh yes, so what do you want to learn today?" 
"Uhm, like fluency of speaking? I am not eloquent enough." 
"Okay, that has to be done through lots of practice. So let's get started."

"You can teach me too." Inguk settled down next to Eunji and started gobbling his instant kimchi rice. 
"Shut up and eat your breakfast, you are going to be late for lessons."
"How do you know I have lessons?" Inguk smiled with his eyes curving into a crescent moon shape with rice bits all over his mouth that is stuffed with more instant rice. 
Eunji blushed. She could never let him know that she went to peek at his schedule and memorised it by heart. She wanted to do the best she could to take care of him, although she didn't know the reason why. 

Junmyun sees the red tint on Eunji's cheeks. He realises that his existence is very much unwanted right now. 

"Eunji, I forgot I have academy lessons. Can I see you another time? I'm sorry." Junmyun left before Eunji could even reply him. Junmyun let the door slam as he walked out of the apartment. 

I shouldn't have come. I only learnt things I didn't want to.  

"Junmyun! Come back, Inguk's leaving soon, so I can continue teaching you without any idiots interfering!" Eunji ran out after him. 

Junmyun turned back to see a shivering Eunji in pajamas calling him to come back. Junmyun's heart melted in the freezing weather as he walked back to the apartment. 

"Is it very troublesome for you Eunji? I can get him his own apartment. That way he will never be able to interfere with our lessons." Junmyun suggested. 
"It's not troublesome to such a huge extent, it's really okay Junmyun. He isn't in the house most of the time anyway. You won't be coming to my apartment very often anyway." Eunji smiles. 
"But a male and female in an apartment alone at night... is very... dangerous."

Eunji paused, she couldn't rebutt that. It was true. Her mother did also warn her about that. But it was Inguk, he can be considered as a childhood friend! It's okay to sleep with childhood friends right? 

"I'll get him an apartment, so you can have peace Eunji."
"Oh? Oh, okay." Inside, Eunji's thoughts were scattered. She was definitely in a dilemma. If Inguk is gone, she can succeed in her 'out of sight, out of mind' plan, but he would come searching for her since he already knew of her address and door-lock password. But if Inguk's gone, she may end up spending more time with Junmyun, who seems to like her. She was unsure of her feelings and she did not want to lead anyone on. 

What should I do...  

[Author's note: I'm back with another chapter! I've been writing furiously every time I have time, so here's a chapter 2 days earlier than the usual fortnightly update ^^ This chapter's a little on thoughts and inner feelings that aren't really said out loud. Also, say bye bye to the Busan gang for now! They'll be back, soon hehe As for Inguk, oh poor guy. He has nowhere to go, but is going to Eunji's a good thing? (; I'll leave you guys to think about it hehe Until the next chapter then :D]