#11 데이트? Date?

Reply Country Girl

“Junmyun ah, why the huge preparation with the hair and make up? The dress too! It’s so expensive…”
“Eunji-ssi, you’ve taught me a lot, this is… my way of returning the debt.” Junmyun blushes as he leads Eunji to the car. Eunji barely climbed into the car with the extra weight from the dress, observing the high quality seats as she feels the smoothness of the velvet texture. She makes a note to herself that Junmyun is indeed rich, in fact filthy rich.

 

//

 

“Eunji-ssi, you look very pretty today.”
“Oh, you look quite charming today too, you’re not the dumb Junmyun I know.” Eunji realised how insulting that sounded and decided to shut up.

Eunji you just ruined everything, how could you say that he’s dumb? The dress you are wearing now belongs to him…
Junmyun, you are one dumb man, even Eunji thinks so. Pull up your socks Junmyun ah!

 

Awkward silence enveloped the car so Eunji tried to initiate a conversation.

“Junmyun ah, where exactly are we going? I thought it was just a dinner…”
“It's just one of the restaurants I like to frequent.”

It’s going to be expensive, since he’s usually not the type to eat street food. Eunji could not help but guess which high-class restaurant they were heading towards.

 

The silence in the car continued so Eunji tried again.

“Junmyun, since it’s a restaurant you frequent, how about you try ordering later?”
“I’ve never ordered there before. I usually just eat whatever my parents order.”
“You’re still the Junmyun I know, just give it a try. Pretend I’m the waitress.” Eunji scoffs at the lack of bravery.

 

As they practice, the chauffeur decided to turn up the music so as to create what he thought would be the perfect atmosphere. Yet, the song that came up was “Baby Don’t Cry”. The words “Baby don’t cry, tonight, a night plagued by violent storms…” once again brought out the awkward silence. Junmyun looked at Eunji as he thought of how Eunji cried so badly that night. Eunji remembered her half-drunk situation when Junmyun knocked on her door. They looked away and remained silent till they reached the restaurant.

 

//

 

They sat down, with Junmyun being gentlemanly and helping Eunji with her chair. The waiter came and handed Junmyun the menu. Junmyun stares hard at the menu, thinking of what would be suitable for both of them.

 

“Waiter, could I have 2 steaks, one well done and one medium rare?” Junmyun manages to order the food without mumbling or stuttering. Eunji smiles at him as he succeeded.
“Would you like any drink to come with it?”
Oh snap, I didn’t ask her if she wanted wine.
“Plain water to start off, thank you.” Eunji came to the rescue as she replied the waiter.

The background music started out of nowhere, with a violinist coming over to the table to play some classical music. Instead of classical music, the violin started playing “April 19th”, a song that Eunji loved since young.

Eunji drinks her water as she enjoyed the music and hums along to the tune. Junmyun took this as the perfect chance to confess. You can do this Junmyun, fighting!

“Eunji-ssi, I like you. I thought we could maintain a teacher-student relationship, but I have fallen for your charms. Would you please say yes to my confession?”
Eunji briefly heard a few words of what he said, laughing it off and continued to enjoy her music, pretending to have heard what he said. Junmyun cursed at himself for mumbling everything. He knew he would screw it up, he was too nervous.

What did he say? Did he confess? Did I just reject him by accident by laughing it off? Oh well, blame himself for mumbling. He obviously failed at his own weakness. Eunji smiles at Junmyun as she looks over to the waiter who brought their steak.

 

//

 

The meal was silent as they both enjoyed their dinner, barely making any conversation. Eunji was almost done when she decided to initiate the conversation yet again.

“Junmyun ah, do you want to go to Myungdong? I feel like shopping today.”
“Oh, oh oh sure!” Junmyun was surprised by the sudden question, so he simply nodded without realising what she just said.

 

//

 

Arriving at Myungdong after finishing one of the best meals she ever had, Eunji starts to feel cold even with the trench coat. She heads towards a stall that sold knitten gloves.

 

“Ahjumma, do you still have pink gloves?”
“Oh yes I do, but they are for couple use!”
“Ah, nevermind then…”
“Why not? I’ll give it to you at half price, but your boyfriend has to buy it for you!” Ahjumma holds the gloves and asks for money from Junmyun whose jaw was still open.

“Ah-ah-ahjumma, I’m not…”
“Thank you so much Ahjumma, honey, buy this for me!” Eunji nudged Junmyun to carry on with the false pretence.
“Oh? Ok-kay…” Junmyun takes out his wallet and pays for the gloves.

Eunji takes the gloves and wore it. She helps Junmyun put on the gloves as well to show the seller that they were indeed a couple as they walked off.

Junmyun’s cheeks couldn’t help but rise with slight redness, did Eunji hear the confession and say yes? He couldn’t care less about the confession, the truth is that he was holding Eunji’s hands because of the pink gloves. Silently, he thanks the seller for such a chance.

 

“Junmyun ah, shall we go into the snapback shop? I want to buy one!” Junmyun was pushed into the shop before he spoke.
Rows and rows of snapbacks awaited Eunji and Junmyun as they stepped into the shop. The salesgirl welcomed them and herded them towards the couple snapback corner. Eunji blushes, realising she was still holding on to Junmyun’s hands. She felt warmth holding his hand, and so did he as he held on.

 

“The couple snapbacks are on sale this week!” The salesgirl chirped.

Eunji let go of Junmyun’s hands to reach for a snapback was a little high for her. Junmyuun stretches and gets it for her, putting the snapback on her head immediately, ruining her hair. Eunji stares angrily at Junmyun as she adjusted the snapback to her liking. She stares at the mirror, hesitating whether she should get this snapback.


“There’s a male version for this snapback!” The salesgirl grabbed the other snapback and gave it to Junmyun. Junmyun put it on just for fun and pretended to be a hip-hop gangster.

“Kris often pretends to be like this when he raps. It’s funny how I am imitating him when I always insult him for his failed rapping.”
“You look so hip-hop! Ayyo!” Eunji played along with the hip-hop imitation as the two looked awkward in formal dresses with snapbacks.

 

//

 

“I should get something for her before I leave. I need to apologize.” Inguk walks along the streets of Myungdong, searching for a beautiful necklace for Eunji. He stops in front of a snapback shop, admiring the cap on display, he then pauses. Inside the shop, he sees…

Inguk’s feet refused to move even though he wants to run away so badly. His heart aches so badly with the scene right in front of him. He walks away dejectedly. I don’t like her. I don’t like her. Inguk, you don’t like… her.

[Author's note: YAY FOR CHAPTER 11. Horrible chapter to me because of the lack of creativity recently, but I hope you guys enjoy the date! But Inguk's pretty sad huh. It's chapter 11 already and the story's about to end in a few chapters as I planned for it to be around 15-16 chapters. I would probably try to pull it for a 20 if I can't end my story properly by 16, but I'm not sure yet. Give me some thoughts by commenting on how you want to story to go, or how have you enjoyed the story so far! ^^ Thanks for subscribing (if you haven't go click the subscribe button!), and do give an upvote if you like the chapters so far! SO SORRY BUT THIS IS SUPPOSEDLY THE CHAPTER BEFORE THE RECENT ONE I UPLOADED! Gah my brain, curses. Thanks for reading! xoxo]