#20 사랑해 I Love U [Finale]

Reply Country Girl

The week passed by, it was time for Eunji to return to Seoul. Eunji was packing her bags when Inguk carried Junguk into the room.


"Who's taking care of the child when you're working?"
"I'll bring him along. He's quiet and sweet, unlike someone."
"I'll go back with you."
"No, I don't need help, especially with Junguk."
"Yes you do. Have you taken a look at yourself these days? You look like death. You're no longer the Eunji I used to know."
"It's my business anyway, why do you care?" Eunji finishes and carries Junguk away from Inguk.

Inguk quickly ran over to his room and took his bags, following Eunji out to the living room.

"You're going already? I still want some time with you... and Jungukkie." Yoojung had fallen in love with Jungukkie's charms, playing with his hands, waving it around.

"We have to. Chorong unnie asked me to return, they are shorthanded. My vocal students are waiting for me too."
"Alright... Have a safe trip. I'll miss you."

"Ya, she is not taking the Ferry like those poor kids out there. Don't worry about her please. Even if she is, she would be the first to run out and escape because of her defiance." Sungjae joked. Everyone stared at him. The Ferry incident shook Korea, be it students, parents or just the citizens. It was too terrifying, many students have yet to be found. With the situation worsening, the ending is definitely not happy for the kids still on board.
"Trust Sungjae to make such a joke." Jiwon rolled his eyes at Sungjae while the rest stared him down. 

"Just stay safe my best friend." Joonhee hugged Eunji tightly.
"You too, stay happy with Baro." Eunji whispered in his ear. Joonhee smiles and whispers back, "I will."

As Sungjae opens the door, Eunji walks out and so does Inguk.

"What are you doing? I told you I don't need your help."
"I'm going back to Seoul for personal purposes. It's not always about you." Eunji was rendered speechless, then she reminded herself that she was not as wanted as before, that she already rejected Inguk.

Heading to the bus station, the two were quiet, the atmosphere awkward. It was only broken when Junguk started drooling and Eunji started panicking as there was no tissue around. Inguk used his shirt to wipe off the drool and stuffed a pacifier into Junguk's mouth.

"Where did you get the pacifier?"
"I... I stole it from Yoojung's house."
"Yoojung doesn't have a baby. She won't have a pacifier."
"She does! I found it!"
"Is it even clean?!"
"Hey, it solved your son's drooling problem! Waiting for a thank you here."
"Thanks." Eunji mumbled.

//

They boarded the bus at the station, Eunji feeding the crying Junguk. Junguk kept on crying, the food inside his mouth being vomited back out. The heat was getting to both mother and son, Eunji's fury was rising as the rest of the passengers stared at her, their eyes seeming to send death signals. Inguk sensed the situation, carrying Junguk and cuddling him, coaxing him to stop crying.
Miraculously, he did. Inguk then took the baby food and slowly fed Junguk.
The bus drove off slowly, as Junguk finished his food. Eunji then fell asleep from her fatigue.

"He is a great father, so caring to both mother and son." Whispers were heard over the bus as Inguk handled sleeping Eunji and crying Junguk. He was mistaken as the father by the ahjummas on the bus.

"Yeah, I'm the best father you can ever get in the world." Inguk laughed and brushed Eunji's hair. He then continued his pretence and hugged Junguk to sleep.

However, all this while, Eunji had already woke up. Eunji heard everything. She wanted to rebutt the ahjummas but then she heard Inguk. Her heart was shaken, unable to speak properly. It was indeed gratifying to hear that Inguk sounded like the Inguk she used to know, happy-go-lucky and charming. But she was so afraid, this was the Inguk she fell in love with. Will she fall once more?

//

Things thankfully went back to normal the moment they arrived at Seoul. Eunji went back to teaching vocal lessons, working under Cube cafe once more. Inguk went to start his Masters degree, where he graduated once again as top of the cohort. He was then offered a Professor teaching position at Seoul University.

Junmyun graduated from his private academy, officially joining his father's company after returning to Seoul previously. He decided to find Eunji after hearing from Baro that she has returned to the city.

//

Junmyun: Eunji, you at the cafe now? I was thinking of resuming our lessons. I need help... and I want to show you something.

Eunji: Oh, sure. Come by anytime. I'm around on the weekdays and half of the weekends.

Junmyun: I'll come by tomorrow.


//

Junmyun then appeared at the cafe for his usual cup of caramel macchiato. He walked over to his window seat, waiting for Eunji to be free. Customers were filling up the seats everywhere, but he smiled as he saw the "Reserved" sign on his table, knowing that Eunji had reserved his favourite seat for him.

//

"So, why are you here?"
"I want to continue my lessons. I was wrong to have stopped the lessons because I have problems speaking again."
"No you don't. You just spoke fluently."
Eunji was dumbfounded. After what happened at Yoojung's house, she avoided Junmyun. Now Junmyun comes to the cafe speaking eloquently, asking for more vocal lessons? Was she daydreaming?

"I also want to show you this." Junmyun takes out his graduation certificate and placed it on the table facing Eunji. Eunji carefully picked up the certificate, eyes fixated at the logo of the academy. Eunji had heard things about the academy, if your parents don't earn at least 10,000,000₩ a year you couldn't apply. Student-teacher ratio was 3 to 1 per subject. How did such a good academy fail to produce a eloquent speaker? Was Junmyun lying the entire time to her about his stuttering?

"So, you passed and graduated. What about the certificate then?"
"I... I just want to say that I am not stuttering for real. I can speak well, very well. But I wanted to impress you and when I did I end up stuttering. The book I was reading when I first met you was for me to use to pretend that I have IQ, which turned out to be a book that emphasised my inability to speak in front of you. It was all just a facade, Eunji. I can speak. But I wouldn't mind having more lessons with you. I really like you and the kiss we had was, the least to say... phenomenal. You know it too, you felt it and you can't deny it. If you reject me from having lessons, I'm still going to come here and drink my caramel macchiato every week anyway. I'll strike up a conversation everytime and I'll ensure you fall in love with the original eloquent and charismatic Junmyun, which by the way is called Suho by his friends, and future girlfriend." Junmyun spoke, ending with a wink and million-watt smile, trying to appeal to Eunji. 

Eunji studied Junmyun with detail. She could not fathom how insensitive to not notice that the stuttering had been a lie. Moreover, she could not understand, the reason behind. Of course, she could not believe that Junmyun was indeed rich, someone with high calibre, someone that she does not deserve in any way.

"I can't. I can't teach you any further. I just. You're not a stutter boy, I'm sorry I can't. Junmyun you lied-"

"Because I LIKE you, no scratch that, I LOVE you! It's just YOU. YOU made me fall in love with you. Your patience, your kindness, your ability to smile at any obstacle and override it with glamour. You Eunji. There's nothing better than you, to quote a song. I put a pretence, just because I wanted to be different from the usual 'chaebol' most people view me as."

Eunji was interrupted with a myraid of words from Junmyun. Now she's unsure of how to view Junmyun.

"I'll tell you more about my hyung. My hyung's a nice guy no less. He is rich, but that's just the bonus. He treats girls well, especially you as I have observed. Eunji-ssi, do accept him before he comes crying to us again like his previous relationship."
"Junmyun's a protector of our large group, you probably have heard of him under the name 'Suho'. That literally means protector. He protects us, he'll protect you just the same. Trust him, Eunji-ssi and you'll receive more than just money and love. You'll receive the best years of your life with him."

Junmyun's friends had appeared behind him as Eunji hesitated with her words. Jongin and Yixing both spoke true words that barely portrayed the values their invaluable leader has.

Junmyun smiled. He could never ever repay the bunch of boys if he manage to earn Eunji.

"Fine... but on one condition, I get to know who you really are before I decide. Give me a few weeks. You can come here every day, every week until I figure your true colours. Then I'll tell you if it's a yes or no." Eunji had made up her mind, although she would want to know about his previous relationship right now, she kept shut. They had all the time in the world in the future to figure that out. 

//

"Eunji yaaaaa, Juuuuung Eeeeeunjeee! Open the damned door!!! Your Gukkie is hereeee. Open the door!!!"
Inguk found himself drunk in front of Eunji's apartment, or rather ex-apartment. Eunji had shifted away to a better apartment, nearer to most of her students for convenience. Inguk found out thanks to Chorong, who managed to sneak out and tell him this bit of information. It was the least Chorong could do to help a friend.

"Jung Eunji, please. Please open the door. Please." Time and again, Inguk would drink more than he could, ending up on the doorstep of the empty apartment, crying for Eunji to realise that she was no longer around. Inguk broke down into tears every time, like a lost boy who has forgotten the road home, he was lost with his life. What was he going to do without Eunji in his life? He had a stable job sure, but it wasn't enough. He wanted more, he didn't need materialistic satisfaction, he needed emotional fulfillment, a satisfaction that he believed only Eunji could fill.

Finally, Inguk woke up one morning with extra guts and courage and a requested leave from the university. He changed and sprayed on the cologne that Eunji liked. He then headed over to Cube cafe. After contacting Chorong for the upteenth time, he hesitated at the door before pressing the button to enter the cafe. He smells the exact same fragrance, the same calming atmosphere. He hears the small chatter of others, he feels the familiarity. He spots Chorong working, cleaning tables. He walks in, says hi to Chorong and sat down at a table, waiting for Chorong to come over. He stares at his surrounding. There was Hayoung, still as mature looking as before with a tiny bit of baby cheek fats at the counter, a new barista called Yookyung making coffee. There was Chorong cleaning some tables... and stutter boy?! Inguk double takes, blinking his eyes, only to confirm that it was indeed Junmyun at the table near the window again. Sitting opposite him was... was Eunji?! Inguk was about to stand up and leave when Eunji looked over. Inguk hides his face with his phone, the smartest way to hide himself.

"Hey Guk." Eunji walked over and sat down at Inguk's table. She had missed him and decided to walk over and greet him. 

She's not on duty today... Not wearing her outfit... Why is she here with that stutter boy?! Inguk was full of questions.
"Uhm hi." Seo Inguk! Is this the best you can come up with?! Way to come back with your crush.

"How have you been?"
"Pretty good. Got a stable job, like you told me to."
Eunji was silent for a while.
"That's good. You're living well without me, I'm glad."
Chorong walked past their table and gestured at Inguk to do something.
"Yeah, I guess. But it's still different, weird without the gang. It doesn't feel like home, without you around. It's just wrong, you know?" Inguk spouted out.

Eunji could only stare at him, slightly tearing.

"Guk, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for us to even lose our friendship. I still love you, you're one of my bestest friends. I don't want to lose you like that. Guk, please."
"Yeah? I didn't wanna lose you too. But who broke the friendship 2 years back? WHO?!"
Inguk could not help but break down. He had very much wanted the relationship to happen. When it didn't, he never got over himself or Eunji.

"Guk..." Eunji reached to touch Inguk's hand, but Inguk deliberately placed his hand away.
"Guk ah, we are both victims, I didn't mean for us to turn out this way. But I've got someone now..."
"Someone else? It's stutter boy huh? So in the end, I'm still the one broken, because I didn't have the guts to chase you again, because I chose to leave you alone, afraid that I would hurt you once more. In the end, I still don't get the girl. Forget about the friendship. Forget that I ever knew you. It was my mistake for finding you, shouldn't have believed Rong." Inguk stood up and walked out of the cafe.

Eunji sat listlessly at the table. Do you think I wanted this to happen? I still love you Guk. Please Guk, just turn back and I'll say yes. I haven't promised Junmyun yet.
But Inguk never turned back, not even once. He was broken, inside out, shattered like glass. He lost his chance and he has learnt not to turn back and get shattered all over again. 

[Author's note: BEEEEEP. ERROR 404, next chapter cannot be found. Yes, this is the end of my journey with my beloved subscribers. We have reached the end of Seoul x Busan, Junmyun x Inguk x Eunji, Baro x Joonhee, Yoojung x Jiwon, Sungjae x Tamagotchi and other toys. It has been an amazing journey with you amazing readers who have the patience to wait 2 weeks for me to update. I love each and every one of you, for reading this piece of work because I feel like sometimes I lack the capability to write. Nevertheless, I have finished this story and it hurts me to say that it has ended. I loved thinking of all sorts of ideas while on my bed, thinking of how my readers will react, thinking about whether plan a works better or plan b and of course the big question, whether Eunji should get together with Junmyun or Inguk. Technically, it's safe to say that Eunji has lost Inguk, but I didn't mention explicitly that she chose Junmyun, Inguk did. (HAHA) So, make your guesses, and I'm sorry for leaving this story in a cliffhanger way. 


So, it's indeed the end of this 20 chaptered story that I planned to be a one-shot. BUT BUT BUT, it's not the end of seeing these guys, or rather Baro and Joonhee. Do await as I come up with a mini one-shot spin off for Baro and Joonhee because I feel like I didn't give them enough screen time here ( I LOVE SPIN-OFFS HAHAHAHAHA actually no, I just really feel like I didn't give them enough screen time like the 2 dramas, dang me). 

AND AND AND, I wrote the front part about 3 weeks after the Sewol ferry incident, so I had much to say, but I didn't want to bring it up in a sombre manner, so I chose a slightly humourous way to show it. I mean it for fun, although the incident itself is no fun at all, I am sorry for the loss of so many young kids and fellow teenagers that could have been better people than I am with their capabilities. I am apalled at the crew members, but I hope and I pray that everyone gets over this soon because life's like a bicycle, you gotta keep moving to balance yourself and just ride it out. (METAPHOR BOOYAH) 

Ok, last part of my uuuuuber long author's note this time. I hope there aren't any loopholes in my story. I hate it when I write chapter by chapter because I am afraid of loopholes (reasons why I choose to write one-shot and chose to write this in a one-shot format, having decided later that I shall write it chapter format because I had too much to write about). I hope each and every one of you (and that's you, you and you the late comers to the story) loved the story like I did. Do keep commenting because I will do a final wrap up next week as I reply every comment (EVEN the "update soon" comments) to thank all subscribers! So still keep watching this space and I won't tick the "finished" button, because I'm not DONE with this just yet! (BECAUSE OF MY OWN FEELS, I have issues, this is a problem.)

Till next week then, adieu my friends and beloved subscribers/readers!]