#6 메리크리스마스 Merry Christmas

Reply Country Girl

"Unnie, where shall I place the sign?" Naeun holds the sign, asking Chorong. 
"Hmm, outside, on the left side of the gate." Chorong answered without looking up, busying herself with preparing for the special day. It was Christmas and it was snowing, making it a beautiful white Christmas. 

~ We are closed today for a private gathering. Unless you're coming for the gathering, sorry for any inconvenience caused! Please come again tomorrow! ~

Naeun pastes the sign and smiles to herself. It started to snow harder, when Eunji appeared at the cafe. 

"I cancelled my vocal lessons and took a leave from the chicken store so I'm here girls!" Eunji shouted as she skipped happily into the cafe, hooking Naeun's arms. 

//

The girls prepared themselves for the private gathering as they shifted the chairs and tables away, hanging decorations. The hours passed very quickly and it was already 7pm. The time for the gathering to start was approaching, the Busan gang arrived and helped out with the Christmas tree too. 

Soon, it was 8pm and Junmyun came along with his friends. With the ring of a bell, 12 suave boys walked into the cafe, thinking that they were at a red carpet event. Decked out in suits, the boys were freezing without a proper coat. Eunji greeted the boys, inviting them to sit down in a circle.

//

"Hello everyone, we have a huge crowd this time thanks to Junmyun-ssi. I am Chorong, the owner of this cafe, welcome to the annual Christmas gathering of this cafe." Chorong introduced herself. 
 

After a round of introduction, silence enveloped the cafe. It was awkward as the Busan gang only knew each other, the cafe girls knew each other and the boys also knew only each other. Eunji was the only connection between everyone. 

"How about some talent performances? I heard that Baekhyun-ssi, Kyungsoo-ssi and Jongdae-ssi are very good at singing?" Eunji tried to lighten the solemn and awkward atmosphere. The three boys were flustered, they didn't know they had to perform at a gathering, nevertheless they put up a fantastic performance of an acapella version of "Miracles in December". 

The performance ended with applause and the circle once returned to its awkward state. 

"Shall we start off with some games to know each other better? Is Blow Wind Blow okay?" Eunji nodded to Chorong's suggestion. No one disagreed and they started the game. 

"Blow wind blow, blow those who wear insoles or are wearing heels today!" Chorong stood up and waited for a seat. Slowly, the girls and most of the guys stood up to move. Everyone except Kris, Chanyeol, Inguk, Sehun and Tao moved. As there is always one person who does not have enough seats, Naeun ended up being the one calling for the blow. 

Eunji realised that this is a very good chance for Junmyun to learn how to project his voice. 
"Use this chance to practice your voice. Remember what I told you okay." Junmyun nodded. 

"Blow wind blow, blow the people who are between 160cm to 180cm!" Everyone except Kai, Sehun, Chanyeol, Tao and Kris stayed at theirs seats while the rest tried to run fast for a seat. This time, Junmyun was caught. Junmyun swallowed his saliva. He was not ready to project his voice. He glanced nervously at Eunji who prompted him to quickly speak. 

"Blow wind blow, blow those who has not had a single relationship." 
"SPEAK LOUDER!" Eunji bellowed at him. 
"Blow wind blow, blow those who has not had a single relationship!" 

This time, everyone heard him. Other than Joonhee, Inguk, Eunji, Jiwon and Yoojung, everyone shifted. 

//

After a few rounds, the circle became like this. 

 

The last person to be forfeited was Sungjae and he had to do a dance. But he could choose where he wanted to sit and so he sat between Bomi and Chorong.

//

"Did everyone bring their presents?" Chorong asked shyly. Bomi checked the number of presents and referenced it to the number of people present, nodding to Chorong that everyone did bring their presents.

Chorong then passed around a box and everyone picked a random number.

As everyone read their number, the cafe girls helped in giving out each other's presents.

"Waaa, handcream! Whoever bought this has sense! It even smells like baby lotion, my favourite!" Eunji squealed as she opened her gift.

Inguk opened the box and found a plush toy. The stomach of the plush toy read 'touch me' and so he did. The plush toy then repeated "I love you" nonstop. Inguk chuckled, he knew who bought the gift.

Joonhee received a bottle of perfume and oil paper set. He sprays the perfume immediately, liking the smell of the perfume.

Junmyun opened his big box, where he found a MCM bag inside.

"I want that bag, Junmyun hyung, give it to me!" Tao whined as he opened his gift. He then stopped talking as he caressed his new LV wallet.

"Are your friends very rich? The presents all seem out of budget..." Eunji whispered to Junmyun. Junmyun simply shrugged his shoulders. 

"Shall we reveal the buyers of each gift?" Eunji was curious as to who gave her such a gift. 

"My gift is with Junmyun." 
"My gift is with Eunji." 
"My gift is with Inguk."
"My gift is with Joonhee." 

"Seriously? That's a gift with lots of sense and it came from you? I never expected that!" Eunji thanked her gifter. 

//

"The next game is called Spin the Bottle Truth or Dare. Kris-ssi suggested it." Bomi introduced Kris, slightly blushing. 

"Alright, so this game's pretty easy. The first person will spin the bottle. The one who faces the bottle tip will be asked to pick either truth or dare. The person who spun the bottle will be the one asking the question or instructing the person to do the dare. Alright?" Everyone nodded. 

The first spin went to Inguk, who chose 'Dare'. Kris was smirking as he spoke. 
"I dare you... to kiss someone of the opposite gender on the cheek." Inguk realises he cannot go to Joonhee, he walks to Eunji and kisses her on the cheek. Everyone was a little shocked, who knew Inguk would make such a quick choice and kiss so fast? 

That... Inguk... Junmyun felt a little jealous? Angry? He didn't know what he was feeling. 

Inguk spun the bottle. Junmyun was the next one, and he picked 'Truth'. 

"Amongst all people in the room, who would you like to date the most, whether it is by looks or by personality?" 

"Eunji-ssi." Junmyun looked down at his legs, he felt his cheeks burning up. 
Everyone paused. 
"Junmyun-ssi, she's taken! Don't try to steal my girlfriend." Inguk teased, winking at Junmyun. 

Junmyun knew that the relationship was a lie, but he could not help but take Inguk seriously. What if Eunji did like Inguk but decided to just carry the torch for him because Inguk's gay for Joonhee? 

//

A few spins later, Junmyun made Hayoung moonwalk around the room. Hayoung then made Tao say when did he last wet his bed. Every guy in the room rubbed their neck sheepishly. Wetting a bed has two meanings to guys and when Tao said 17 years old, every guy chuckled because they knew it wasn't just pee. Tao decided to get back at the guys and he managed to dare Joonhee to the floor. 

"Eww, it smells like detergent."
"That's because I mopped the floor this afternoon." Naeun confessed, laughing.

Joonhee asked Kai when was his last kiss and Kai replied 2 weeks ago. The 12 boys went silent. Kyungsoo was seen slightly blushing, but no one bothered asking why. It was a secret that everyone vowed to keep silent about till they enter their graves.

Kai then dared Jiwon to eat coffee powder alone. It was a bitter punishment as Jiwon hates coffee. He ended up cursing at Kai as he vomited out his dinner, creating a huge ruckus. 

//

"Let this be the last spin." Chanyeol spinned the bottle. It went to Bomi and she picked 'Truth'. 
"How many times have you farted today?" Everyone boo-ed Chanyeol for such a sensitive question.
Bomi blushed and gestured 5 with her hands. 

"Is that why I keep smelling a pungent smell throughout the party? It was you?" Sungjae joked. Everyone burst out laughing when Bomi argued back. Being a girl from Jeollado, she was pretty good at quarreling too. 

//

"Thanks for coming. I hope you enjoyed yourself." Eunji sent Junmyun off herself. 
"I liked today's party.. except.." Except the part where Inguk kissed you.  
"Except what?" The part where Inguk kissed me? Nah, he should know it was just that I am the closest female friend right?
"Nothing... Good night." Junmyun sighed and left. When will I have the guts to tell her?

Eunji was about to clean up the cafe when Inguk hugged her. 
"Bye Jiji~ Joonhee and I are heading off to a gay club to enjoy ourselves for once." 
"Don't get too crazy with Joonhee. I don't want to pick you guys up at the police station..." Eunji smiled weakly as she looked at Inguk and Joonhee who hugged Inguk from behind. 

As Joonhee, Inguk and the rest of her friends left, she packed up with the cafe girls. 


Why did my heartbeat skip a beat when Guk hugged me? He's just a friend right? We've hugged a million times, I got over the fact that I liked him once. I can do this again. He's with Joonhee now. Get over it Eunji. Besides, Junmyun seems like a nice guy right? But Junmyun's a student of mine. I can't...

[Author's note: Who does Eunji actually like? Oh I'm pretty confused myself too hohoho! In view of Christmas, this chapter is out! Have fun celebrating Christmas and do keep the comments coming! I want to know how you guys take the chapter one by one! Tell me your feelings! (: I also didn't mention who gave Eunji her gift, who has the sense to buy such a gift then? (; In another week, school's gonna start so I might start writing shorter chapters and take longer to update. I apologise in advance! D: Anyways, hope you guys like the chapter!]

 

P.S 
Enjoy this wonderful picture of Suho and Eunji! (: 

Pretty girl and pretty boy T____T