#12 나 너좋아? Do I Like You?

Reply Country Girl

Inguk refuses to believe that he likes Eunji, but his heart palpitates when he sees her. His heart sinks to the bottom at the sight of Eunji with Junmyun. Will he be able to give her the same happiness like how Junmyun did, perhaps better? He doubts himself, wondering if he really liked Eunji now. It seemed as though Eunji was simply someone who he needed to get over Joonhee, but he wasn't even gay to start with. What exactly is his feelings then? 

//

"Junmyun ah, it's getting late, let's go." 
"Alright. I'll send you home."

The two got into the limousine and left Myungdong. 

"Junmyun ah, do you have any past relationships?" Junmyun choked on his saliva from the sudden question by Eunji. He reminds himself of Soojung. 

//

"Soojung ah, listen to me. I really like you, please don't go."
"Look, I hate it when you do this pleading thing of yours. You are not suitable with me, go find someone else that you actually deserve. I'm too good for you, people like Jong suit me more. Goodbye Kim Junmyun."
"Soojung please. Don't leave me."

The heartwrenching period of Soojung's absence left Junmyun unable to believe in true love anymore. Soojung was his first love, and he could not help but make a promise to himself not to jump into a relationship that fast. He will never get cheated of his feelings no more. 

//

Eunji's not like Soojung. Eunji's a nice girl and she'll wash away all the dirty past I had with Soojung, yes, she will. She will wash away all my regrets, insecurities I have and the mistakes I made. I like Eunji now. She's the right one.

"Yes I did. But, I don't consider it to be a real relationship. It was too quick to be true." Junmyun's lips were slightly raised. 
Junmyun then asks Eunji, which Eunji replies with a shake of her head. 

"So it's a first if we ever get together then?" Junmyun spouted without even thinking. , I said the wrong thing. Oh god, Junmyun there goes your chances. How smart can you get?!

"Probably." Eunji just listlessly answered without realising how serious that question was. She was too busy figuring out who she actually liked now that Junmyun answered her question. 

Does she like Junmyun? He's a very nice guy who is extremely caring to girls, especially to Eunji maybe. But he can't even have the courage to confess, he can't even speak properly. 

Does she like Inguk? Yes, he's an idiot for a best friend, but he confessed when he was half drunk, he confessed when he was in fourth grade, was he kidding? Did she develop feelings for him while becoming friends? Is he even straight for her to like? 

Or does she even like anyone? Was she just simply too desperate for someone to love her in the lonely and cold Seoul? Did she simply miss home, the warm Busan? 

//

Joonhee on the other hand was worried. He needed to figure out his ual orientation. Was he really gay? He needs to get a proper life, a life where Inguk is not part of. Then again, if he isn't gay, why did he bothered so much about the break up with Inguk? He decided to return to Busan earlier than the rest. He reaches the bus station and waited for his bus. 

"Bus departing for Busan, bus departing for Busan. Passengers please board the bus at berth 2, thank you. Bus departing for-" Joonhee walked over to the bus and boarded, deciding to sit next to another passenger who already boarded long ago and fell asleep. He probably won't wake up so I'll have peace.

The bus departed and the passenger immediately woke up. He started to take out his snacks and music player and blasted his music all about, crunching his snack to the beat of the music. Joonhee was about to fall asleep when he got jolted by the loud music. He regrets sitting next to the passenger. Nevertheless, he needed to catch up on his sleep, he turns his body and taps the shoulder of the other passenger. 

"Excuse me, I was wondering if you could-" 

All Joonhee saw was an eyesmile and a ridiculous bowl haircut. 

"E-e-excuse me, if you could just turn down the volume of your speakers please..." Joonhee stuttered, staring at the beautiful facial features of his bus mate. 

"Sorry for the music, I was just too hyped up about returning home. I'm Baro and you are?" Baro introduced himself to Joonhee, holding a hand, waiting for a handshake to happen. 

"I'm Joonhee." Joonhee shakes his hand. 

"You're going back to your hometown too?"
"Yeah, I have to report back so that I can register for university."
"Ah, so you're a hyung to me then. Can I call you hyung from now on?"
"Oh, uh sure. You're going back for?"
"My elder sister is getting married, finally. Good riddance to her."
"Ha, at least you have a sister."

The conversation went on as the bus ride reached its rest stop. Joonhee and Baro hit off well. Joonhee couldn't help but ruffle his hair as they alighted for a break at the rest stop.

//

Do I like him? He seems pretty nice and sweet. But it's just a first impression, besides, I'm not even sure if I am gay.

//

I'm not gay. I'm not gay. I hate boys. I want a female in my life. Inguk was but a wrong choice in my life. I was just confused. It doesn't hurt, it won't hurt.

 

[Author's note: Here's chapter 12 for all the subscribers and other readers who read silently hehe It's a slightly shoriter one because it's just about their internal conflict, and let's welcome Baro into the story! Note that I'll update once every 2 weeks due to heavy workload from school, so please be patient! If you're a silent reader, click that button to be a subscriber pretty please hehe Do comment on how I can improve my writing or maybe your own prediction of what happens in the future too! ]