#9 물어볼까? Should I Ask?

Reply Country Girl

"Eunji left the hotel, wiping her tears. She couldn't believed what just happened. After all she has done to try so hard to forget Inguk, he confessed and kissed her. She bet he didn't know that she liked him too.

"He was just blinded by his breakup that's all. He's confused over his ual orientation. I'm sure they'll get back together, he's just drunk." She comforts herself, making herself believe that he did not like her so she could forget about liking him. 

"You sure about that?" Junmyun appeared from behind. 

//

"I knew it. Eunji and Inguk was real. What lies, I knew I shouldn't have fallen for her." Junmyun cursed as he called his chauffeur. As he waited for his chauffeur to pick up, he then realises that he came to a conclusion too quick. He didn't even know why Inguk was shirtless, he simply assumed that Eunji and Inguk were close to making love. He ends the phone call and waits for Eunji to leave the hotel. He needed to verify, whether he should continue his crush or not. 

Barely 5 minutes later, Eunji appears at the hotel lobby. Junmyun sees her and was about to walk over when he spots her hands wiping tears away. He paused in his steps. Despite being far away, he could hear what she was saying. 

"He was just blinded by his breakup that's all. He's confused over his ual orientation. I'm sure they'll get back together, he's just drunk." She comforts herself, making herself believe that he did not like her so she could forget about liking him. 

"You sure about that?" Junmyun appeared from behind. 
"J-junmyun..." Eunji was surprised, she didn't expect him to still be around. 
"My chauffeur hasn't a-a-arrived." Damn it Junmyun, speak properly. Eunji chuckles a little from his stutter. 

"Sorry to let you see me in this state."
"May I ask... nevermind." Junmyun once again mumbles to himself. Eunji slaps herself in her mind, slapping Junmyun's shoulder instead. 

"I told you to speak louder didn't I? One whole month of lessons and you still stutter when you're nervous, mumble when you are afraid?! Be confident."
"The question wasn't that important..."
"What question?"
"Nothing..."

Being the persistent girl she is, Eunji forced the question out of Junmyun.

"I just wanted to know what exactly is the relationship between you and Inguk-ssi." Eunji stopped grabbing Junmyun's shoulders. She paused, her hands falling off his shoulders. 

"Honestly, I don't know either. I'm pretty confused now. Sorry Junmyun, I can't answer your question. I got to go." Eunji panicked. She was indeed uncertain about her relationship with her two best friends, who aren't exactly best friends at the moment. She walks towards the subway station, leaving Junmyun in the cold. 

"Eunji-ssi, if you're confused, just come to me." Junmyun sighs as he called his chauffeur again.

//

Junmyun arrives at the cafe as usual, hoping to see how Eunji was doing, he also needed a lesson urgently. He had an interview session with some businessmen from his father's company. He needed to talk loudly and clearly, something he was still in the midst of mastering. Being his first interview, he was nervous. 

He walks into the cafe, realising that he sees only Naeun and Hayoung. 

"Excuse me, can I know where is Eunji-ssi?"
"Sorry?" Hayoung couldn't hear the whispering Junmyun. 
"I meant to ask if you knew where Eunji-ssi is..."
"Ah, she's sick, so she took a leave of absence today! You are?"
"Oh, uh it's okay. I'll come by next time."
"Thank you for visiting Cube Cafe!" Hayoung greeted him as he walked out of the cafe. 

With a click on his phone, he locates Eunji. He knows where Eunji lives, being the fact that his father was actually the owner of the biggest telecom company in Korea. He could locate anyone, anytime. It's considered something illegal, but who really cares?

//

"Eunji-ssi, are you here?" Junmyun slightly knocks on the apartment door and asks timidly. 
There was no noise coming from the other end of the door. 
"Eunji-ssi, are you here?" Junmyun braves up, asking slightly louder now. 
There was still no reaction from the other side.
"EUNJI-SSI!" Junmyun shouted.
The door clicked open and Junmyun pushed the door, entering the apartment.

Eunji was on the sofa, refusing to get out. She was definitely not sick, but rather drunk. Bottles of soju beside the sofa, on the table and the stench of soju which resembles detergent was all around the living room. 

"Eunji-ssi, are you okay? I heard you were sick..." Junmyun was back to whispering again. Eunji looked at Junmyun and giggled.

"Wa, Junmyun is here to see me!" Junmyun was shocked. Eunji doesn't talk this way, was he hallucinating? Was he having a daydreaming session? He never ever expected Eunji to giggle in front of him, it's something he never thought he would see in Eunji. 

"Eunji-ssi are you drunk?" 
"I'm not drunk! I like you!"
Junmyun's face reddened upon the confession. Was she really speaking the truth, or was it just drunk talk? 

"Eunji-ssi, are you okay? I'm sorry for that day at the hotel. I didn't mean to see anything." Junmyun flustered at the confession, mumbling what he wanted to say in one go. 

"Ya, Kim Junmyun, speak properly! I can't hear a single thing you said!"
"I mean..." Junmyun paused. Should I ask? Is it appropriate?  
"Eunji-ssi, are you with Inguk?" 

As though by some form of encantation, Eunji became slightly sober. Inguk. How she has been in her house, cooped up all alone, thinking about this one name. 

"Who's Inguk?" Eunji pretended to be drunk. 

"The one who happened to be shirtless..." Junmyun blushed again. It was abnormal for him to mention the idea of someone being shirtless, he wasn't the type to spout vulgarities either. 

"You were the one shirtless~" Eunji chuckled. 

Junmyun then decided that Eunji was too drunk to ask anything else. He brings her to her bedroom. 

"Eunji-ssi, sleep well. I'll be leaving now. I hope we can have lessons at the cafe tomorrow. Do get well soon." 

"Junmyun ah~"
"Yes Eunji-ssi?" Is she going to ask me to stay for a while?
"Lock the door please, I don't want anyone else to come in anymore." Eunji covered herself tight with the blankets as she wiped a tear away from her cheeks. Her thoughts drowned in the memories of her, Inguk and Joonhee hanging out back in Busan. As she thinks about the current situation, she could only cry herself to sleep. 

 

[Author's note: Hello I have finally written chapter 9. It's another really short one. I'm just writing in a somewhat concise way (who am i kidding) hope all my subscribers are still enjoying this very much, let me know how you feel about the story till now! Because what you say CAN affect the ending of the story (because I can't decide who I want to be the boyfriend of Eunji, or will she even get one haha) Anyways, upvote this if you like it!

P.S Is it me or is Eunji's so similar to all those drunk drama girls -___- I can't even bring myself to post this without cringing at what I wrote and how I wrote her drunk.]