#1 I'm Kim Junmyun

Reply Country Girl

"Just a rich kid." That's what they always call me. I'm not very rich till the extent where I have numerous credit cards, but I do have enough to buy someone a meal, or rather buy 11 people a meal...

I have friends. Friends who are not as rich as me, so they try to squeeze the money out of my hands. I never really realised how they ever did it, but they knew how to pinpoint my weakness. 

"Hyung, buy us some rice cakes." The two youngest Sehun and Jongin would always get some money for snacks. 
"Hyung, I want a new bag." Zitao would whine. 
"Me too!" Luhan will follow. 

The others just tag along whenever I go out to eat with any of the 11 friends I have. There's Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Jongdae, Wufan, Yixing, Xiumin and Chanyeol. We like to just hang out, ride our bikes, go to movies and have fun. Occasionally, we like to look at girls. We're boys/men, it's a natural instinct. 

I don't have a job, neither am I really studying since my university is pretty horrible and isn't part of the highly recognised SKY universities. I am a water boy, for the school's baseball team. I used to play, very well in fact, till I got sacked off because of my lousy attendance. Now I am stuck to obeying orders from the ridiculous seniors that need special temperature water from the water cooler every 5 minutes. They claim that they might die if they drink water at a different temperature. Oh please, I gave them tap water once and they didn't even realise. 

But because I am a water boy, I still go to trainings frequently, that is how I end up running errands for the team, whether it was liquid-related or not. 

//

"Ya Ramyun! Go get us some fried chicken! We want to eat fried chicken after training ends and we're too lazy to walk. Get it sent here." Yes, my nickname was Ramyun. Because I had slightly curly hair and my name ends with a Myun. The seniors love to tease me. They know that I could play well and I was good enough to even endanger their positions. Now that I am out of their league, they can torture me however they want, typical of seniors. 

So I quietly called the delivery service, which came unexpectedly late. But that was how I met her. She wasn't beautiful, nor ugly. She was just her. There was something special about her, but I couldn't tell what, until she spoke. Her Busan accent was so strong that I nearly burst out laughing. Her eyes gave a solid glare when I made eye contact with her. 

"Is this the baseball team that called for fried chicken? 20 sets of spicy chicken meals?" Her face was remarkably angelic, yet her voice was otherwise. It was crisp and clear, but with a rough edge that seemed to smack you in the face while you listen to her. 

"Ah yes yes. I ordered it. You can put it here." I quickly ran over to help her with the 20 packs of spicy chicken but she was faster and stronger than I thought. In a few seconds she placed all my orders on the dugout table and took out the receipt for me to pay. 

I took out my credit card, thinking that I could pay with it like how I usually do. Then she gave me a cold stare and before I knew it, she started screaming at me, telling me that I should pay in cash because their delivery service does not provide card machines. With her thick accent, it was fortunate I could understand what she was saying, or she would give me another dressing down. I quickly handed her the right amount of cash by borrowing some of the team fund and sent her away. Little did I know, that I would see her more than just once after this encounter. 

//

After a long day at training, I went back home to find my 11 friends waiting for me at my doorstep. Being the natural scaredy cat I am, I got shocked because they scared me by jumping "SURPRISE!" when I thought I was just going home. I have no idea why they surprised me, till I saw the cake. I looked my watch and it was already past midnight. It was officially May 22nd, my birthday. I totally forgot about my birthday because the baseball season was coming and I was needed to run many errands. Never would I also expected all 11 of them to turn up with something not bought by me, FOR ME. 

Here comes the emotional me. I started crying. At first sobbing, then breaking down. I turned to hug each and every one of them, hoping to thank them but all that came out of my mouth was a soft whisper and unheard words. Kris refused my hug, oh well, he's one cold man. We had a little celebration in the living room, with some rice wine and soju (obviously from my personal storage of wines) and we talked till everyone was drunk and asleep. By then, dawn arrived. 

Well, enough about me. How about we move on to our female lead? 

[Author's note: YAY FOR FIRST CHAPTER. It's a little form of introduction, like a prologue perhaps. It is focused on introducing Junmyun to you guys! Oh and saying a brief hello to our female lead too hehe hope you guys are enjoying this first chapter. I'll post the second one soon hopefully hehe]

Legend: 

dugout: It's like the place where bench players wait for their turn to play during a game.