Dinner

Collide

Chaerin drove quickly towards the directions Jiyong sent her. It wasn’t far from the company, in fact, she could get there by foot, but it was better to simply drive, she couldn’t risk her stilettos, she couldn’t bear to look at them getting scratched or the sole breaking, so she drove.

She got there quickly and entered the Ballet Parking section, as she stopped, a handsome young man, probably the age of Chaerin, greeted her and handed out his hand so she could get out. She smiled and took the hand, getting swiftly out of the car. She handed him the keys and he nodded, winking at her. She raised an eyebrow and smiled, seducing him a bit, and walked into the restaurant.

It was a luxurious place, the walls were painted with red and golden dragons carved on the pillars gave a fashion, modern yet ancient look on the Asian restaurant. There where red and golden paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling, the lights were dim, like entering a jewelry store. Every table was decorated with pretty golden dragons and Asian decorations, it was pretty indeed. As she entered, another young man about her age greeted her. He was standing behind a desk, his clothes Asian themed, black and gold, just like everything around.

“Good evening, may I know the name?” He said. Chaerin smiled and nodded.

“Kwon, Kwon Jiyong.” She said. The guy looked at the book in front of him and smiled nodding.

“Please follow me.” He said and Chaerin did so. As they walked into the restaurant, she could get a better look of the place, it was simple, the tables and the chairs were black, with golden decorations and red cushions. Luxury filled the air, the place. He walked her towards the back of the restaurant, a section where the tables where surrounded each with a high a wall that looked like a sliding panel with golden dragons. He showed her towards one next to a high panel window; it was one of those where you can see from the inside but not from the outside. Just there, sitting comfortably on one black and red sofa-looking chair was Jiyong, reading the menu.

As soon as he noticed his companions he stood up, bowing slightly at Chaerin. “Glad you made it, I was starting to worry.” He said. Chaerin smiled and bowed, the receptionist already left, leaving them both alone in their private table. Chaerin walked towards the chair in front of Jiyong and he quickly went over her and pulled the chair so she could sit, then went over and sat in front of her, smiling. “So, what would you like? The food here is the best actually, I love it dearly.” He said handing her the spare menu on the table. She grabbed it and smiled.

“Thank you. Well, I do have to admit I haven’t been in South Korea for a long time, so I think I will leave it up to you to ask for the best dish here.” She said, eyeing the menu. Jiyong smiled and nodded.

“I hope you realize this is a Japanese restaurant, so I guess I should order us both some sushi.” He said. Chaerin smiled and nodded. “Also, I want you to try the Katsudon here, it’s awesome.” He said. Just then, a waiter came and bowed.

“May I take your order?” She said. Jiyong nodded and looked at the menu, as if looking at the dishes.

“We both want Katsudon and Maki-zushi. Also add some Soba and Udon please.” He said, the waiter nodded and turn to leave but Jiyong called again. “Bring us light soda and water, please.” He said. Chaerin almost widened her eyes at his choice of beverage. He looked at her and laughed.

“Would you like some alcoholic drink? I don’t like to drink while I record, but if you want some –“

“No, that’s ok, I don’t drink either.” She said and Jiyong smiled. He nodded at the waiter and she left, leaving them both alone again.

“You’re quite the chaebol daughter Miss Lee, so out of the ordinary.” He said, looking for once surprised. Chaerin chuckled and grabbed the glass of water in front of her.

“Well, I wasn’t raised like all the others, you know.” She said. Jiyong looked at her with interest.

“Really?” He said. Chaerin gulped the water and nodded, putting the glass back on the table.

“I was raised in the U.S, so I’m quite obsolete on Korean stereotype.” She said, earning laughter from Jiyong.

“That’s interesting, considering the fact that you called me a beggar.” He said, his tone full of humor and joke.

“Well Kwon Jiyong, you did attack me first, and I have a witty tongue, just for the record.” She said. Jiyong laughed and nodded.

“I noticed.” He simply said before being interrupted with the aperitif, a plate of fried chicken and some vegetables. Chaerin saw it and chuckled.

“Well, it is interesting that a Japanese restaurant serves chicken as an aperitif.” She said, grabbing some none the less. Jiyong chuckled and grabbed a piece himself.

“Well, I was impressed the first time too, though it tastes so good.” He said biting on his piece of chicken like a maniac. Chaerin chuckled at his lack of manners, biting softly a little piece of chicken.

“You know, I’m always curious as to why girls are so delicate eating.” He said biting another piece. Chaerin smiled and put down her chicken.

“Well, for one we can’t afford looking like you right now Mr. Kwon.” She said. Jiyong laughed and put the chicken back, grabbing his glass of water and sipping some, now with a delicate manner.

“Yeah, I tried to make an impression. Please call me Jiyong, I feel old with the Mr. thing.” He said. Chaerin smiled and nodded.

“Then drop the miss and just call me Chaerin.” She said smiling wickedly and Jiyong nodded with a crooked smiled.

After a few minutes of them talking nonsense, the food arrived, and Chaerin could almost hear her stomach grumbled, and she laughed to herself unconsciously hearing it. Jiyong eyed her and smiled while handing her a glass full of light soda.

“Why are you laughing?” He asked her. She looked at him with wide eyes and shook her head.

“Nothing, just that I didn’t realized how hungry I was, that’s all.” She said grabbing the glass and taking a sip. Jiyong smiled and grabbed the chopsticks.

“Well, start excavating!” He said and started eating. Chaerin laughed and took her chopsticks, eating silently. They were both so hungry, they ate in silence. Every once in a while, they would take a few glance at each other, Chaerin studying him while Jiyong… well, Chaerin couldn’t quite tell, she didn’t knew him that much, so she discarded it as nothing.

They both finished, and Jiyong rested his back on the chair, looking at her with a small smile on his face. “How was it?” He said. Chaerin cleaned her face and nodded, swallowing the last piece of food on .

“Delicious, simply delicious,” She said. Jiyong smiled and took his wallet out and a few moments later, a waiter appeared with the account. Jiyong handed her his credit card and she disappeared again. Chaerin watch with amazement, realizing that every time they needed a waiter, she would magically pop there. Jiyong seemed to notice her questioning look and chuckled.

“There’s a button that calls the waiter here, look.” He said and handed her the little black box next to him on the table. She saw it and laughed awkwardly, realizing the obvious.

“That’s awesome.” She said. Jiyong raised an eyebrow and rested back on his chair.

“I’m pretty sure all high class restaurants have it.” He told her. She looked at him, suddenly disarmed, and then smiled.

“Well, Asian countries are way ahead of the U.S.” She said and Jiyong simply nodded.

“I guess they are.” He said and the waiter got back and handed him the credit card and left. Jiyong stood up and held out a hand for Chaerin. She grabbed it and stood up. “Feeling like eating some dessert?” he asked her, Chaerin shook her head and smiled.

“No, I guess I should be going back home, I still need to arrange some things for tomorrow.” She told him. He looked a bit disappointed, but shrugged it off with a warm smiled. They both walked towards their cars, talking about nothing really, just how good the food was. When they arrived at the cars, Jiyong stood next to Chaerin, biting his inner cheek.

“Chaerin, are you coming to the annual party this Friday?” He asked her. Chaerin cursed in her mind but smiled at him nodding.

“Yes, I got an invitation and I guess I will go.” She said, unlocking the car, she could hear Jiyong breathing; now so uneven she got worried and turned around, almost too harsh for her own good. Jiyong looked at her surprised but dismissed the thought while she smiled at him.

“Care to go with me?” He said, almost panting, Chaerin could see he was controlling his uneven breathing too hard. She smiled and nodded, fighting the urge to ask him what was going on with him. He smiled widely and nodded. “Thanks, see you around.” He said, too forced, she noticed.

“See you around.” She said and saw him parting, quick, and her almost too perfect eyesight caught his hands trembling, and the force he put on them when he balled them into fists so they wouldn’t tremble. She shrugged off and got into her car, driving away into the night.

That night, she slapped the door shut behind her, looking straight at Dara, who was on her laptop typing fast, working probably. Chaerin walked towards her and stood in her front, crossing her arms.

“What do you know?” Chaerin almost spat. Dara looked at her with genuine confusion.

“What are you talking about?” Dara said. Chaerin scoffed and walked to the side, looking towards the large panel window at the back of the living room.

“I guess you know what I’m talking about Sandara Park, you are just faking, you’re a good actress.” She said, now glaring at Dara. Dara stood up, her confusion clear on her eyes.

“Lee Chaerin, I swear I have no idea what you’re talking about, did something happen?” Dara asked. Chaerin eyed her a bit, she did looked convincing, but of course, they were all trained to look like that. Chaerin raised an eyebrow, bit the inside of her lower lip and walked towards her own suite. Dara called after her, but Chaerin ignored her. She locked the door between them and walked towards her personal computer, turning it on quickly.

She sat on her sofa, her stilettos gone from her foot; she walked around bare footed on her own personal space, nowhere else. She quickly opened the browser and went to Google, typing on the search bar ‘Big Bang’. She got quite surprised there would be so many related searches on scandals, drugs, ion, but of course, only rumors. Instead, she typed the word ‘Seungri’ and his face appeared on the screen. She almost scrunched her fingers at that smiling and sweet face.

As she clicked his profile page, she felt a surge of anger within her. It was all fake, everything, from his hometown to his date of birth, well, at least the year. They were both born on the same year, 1989. She saw a related search next to Seungri’s name, G-Dragon, she shrugged and clicked it, Jiyong’s face appeared. She almost smiled to herself at his picture, he looked badass, evil even, she liked it.

She read everything she could from them, memorized every detail said on every interview, their dates, their blood types, everything, but of course, they might all be fake, just like Seungri’s. After she was done, she discarded the laptop and walked towards her own bathroom, taking a hot shower before throwing herself on the bed.

As she got comfortable on bed, her phone rang. She frowned and extended her arm to take it. It was Jiyong’s name flashing on screen, he was calling her. She felt like ignoring the call, but then again, she needed to get close, so she slid the answer button and put her phone next to her ear, answering it.

“Hello?” She said, faking to be asleep.

“Hello Chaerin, sorry, did I woke you up?” He said, his voice sounding worried. Chaerin chuckled.

“Not at all, I was just about too sleep. How are you?” She asked.

“I’m fine, thank you, and you?” He asked. Chaerin rolled her eyes, but faked a smile anyways, as if anyone could see her.

“I’m good.” She said, not intending to say anything more.

“That’s good, I wanted to thank you properly for tonight. And I also want to say sorry, for how I treated you the first time we met.” He said. Chaerin smirked.

“Nah, it’s alright. I guess you have a bad memory of chaebol girls, don’t you?” She said. She could hear him chuckle on the other line.

“Not really, no.” He said. Chaerin chuckled, this time loud enough for him to hear her.

“Well, it really doesn’t matters, I wasn’t being too good either, so I accept your apologies.” She said and she could almost see him smile.

“I’m glad. Are you going to the company tomorrow?” He asked. Chaerin thought for a bit then shrugged.

“Maybe I will, why?” She said.

“No reason, just wanted to know, that’s all.” He said. Chaerin thought of something quick, and felt like asking him.

“Hey Jiyong, about the other day, you were playing an English song, may I know the name of it?” She said.

“Yes, it’s ‘Waiting’, have you heard it before?” He asked.

“Yes, I have. You’re really good with the guitar, and your voice is good, even when you’re not rapping.” She said. Jiyong laughed. “Which come to think about it, why aren’t you the main vocalist instead of the main rapper?” She asked.

“Well, that might be because at the time I debuted, we debuted, everyone was a vocalist, but there weren’t so many rappers. And I was trained by Sean and Teddy, so I guess that’s why.” He said. Chaerin nodded, not having a clue what he was talking about.

“You seem to be pretty close with Mr. Yang.” She said, and almost regretted saying it. Jiyong, however, just laughed.

“I guess I am, they practically raised me here. I came when I was twelve years old, and worked my way to the top, I guess.” He said. Chaerin smiled nodding.

“I guess you did, Mr. G-Dragon.” She said, remembering his stage name.

“I was honestly starting to think that you had no idea who I was.” He said

“I really don’t, just searched your name on Google.” She said, laughing a bit.

“Now I feel disappointed.” He said, earning a genuine laugh from Chaerin.

“I’m sorry to disappoint you Mr. Dragon, I’m from the States, I know Eminem and Ludacris, not G-Dragon and Jinusean.” She said and Jiyong laughed.

“Well, I feel like you should know Jiyong better than G-Dragon.” He said, and now Chaerin was genuinely immersed on their conversation.

“You talk like they’re both different persons.”

“They are, actually.”

“I think they’re not, is your real name and stage name, how that makes it two different persons?”

“Well, I’m Jiyong, the sweet and crazy guy who likes to laugh and make people laugh, and there’s G-Dragon, the selfish you first met, the one who’s blunt, always looks pissed and has a bad attitude.” He said with a serious tone.

“So you mean G-Dragon is a bastard who goes around hitting stray cats and dogs, stealing candies from kids and pushing old ladies on the streets? He’s a selfish you know.” Chaerin said with humor on her tone.

“Yeah, he’s a total useless motherer.” Said Jiyong, but he was far from being humorous. Chaerin inhaled deeply, already feeling her eyelids heavy.

“Jiyong, I have to go, I’m so sleepy already.” She said.

“Alright then, sweet dreams Chaerin, see you tomorrow.” He said, his tone cheerful again.

“See you tomorrow.” She said and hung up, smiling to herself. She saw her face reflected on the screen and frowned.

Do not get involved, .