A Truth Beneath a Lie

Collide

The chains on her hands were cutting on her skin, making her wrists bleed. She wasn’t sure how long she had been chained to the chair, minutes, hours, she wasn’t sure. She had stopped hearing noises from what she thought would be Jiyong’s room. Panic was starting to form its way through her spine, making her unable to form coherent thoughts.

She had been left alone a few moments ago, her lip bleeding, her eye swollen and her whole body hurting and burning like hell itself. Slowly, she looked around, the place was so unknown to her, it looked like an old prison, probably was, she couldn’t tell. The room was dark grey, the lights were dim and the doors were made of steel. It looked like an interrogatory room, but there were no crystal walls, there was no desk, only her chair and a few chains around. As she was looking around, the doors opened, and a man in a black suit entered the doors. She almost gasped as she saw Kikwang entering, accompanied by Hyunseung. She glared at them, her anger rising just by looking at them.

“My dear Chaerin, didn’t I told you I would destroy you if you ever tried to escape?” Hyunseung said walking towards her. He caressed her face and she spit a mouthful of saliva mixed with blood on his face. He smiled and cleaned it up with the back of his hand, then, with the exact hand that he cleaned up his face, slapped her hard, so hard she felt her bones breaking. “Let us behave.” He said, his voice steady, calmed, like he hadn’t just use enough strength to slap her.

“Where is he?” She growled. Hyunseung laughed and looked at Kikwang, then at her.

“You mean your little idol?” He said, but she didn’t answer, just glared at him. “He’s doing fine, really. We don’t like traitors, but since he had said all we wanted, we let him go.” He told her. She felt her insides turn, like if his words were some sort of blending machine and her insides were ingredients for a smoothie.

“What?” She hissed and he laughed.

“Didn’t you know? He works for us, that Jiyong.” Kikwang said. Chaerin glared at him, and her swollen eye hurt no more due to the anger she was feeling.

“You’re lying.” She said, not as a question, more as a matter of fact.

“Would you like him to tell you himself?” Hyunseung said, and before she could even answer, a tall man dragged Jiyong to the room, throwing him on his knees, his hands chained, his face swollen, his lip broken and his white shirt drenched in blood, his blood.

“Jiyong!” Chaerin said, struggling with the chains that held her on the chair. She saw Jiyong lower his face, then put his face on his hands, and she could see by the way his shoulder moved that he was crying.

“I’m so sorry Chaerin…” He mumbled, almost inaudible.

“W-What?” She said and Jiyong looked at her, under his swollen face she could still see his cheeks and eyes red, tears slowly falling from them.

“I didn’t know…” He spoke slowly, and realization hit Chaerin hard in the face.

“It’s true?” She said, her eyes narrow and her voice accusatory. “You work for them? It was all a trap?” She said, almost in a whisper, to what Jiyong shook his head and extended his chained hands, as if begging.

“Yes, it is true, but this, us, it’s also true.” He said, his voice shaking. She had her face in a mixture of disgust and hatred.

“You… lied to me? You were asked to kill me too? You… you ing !” She said and heard Hyunseung laughing. She glared at him, and imagined all sort of ways to kill him, from stabbing him countless times in the face to putting his whole body on an oven and burn him to death.

“I didn’t know who you were, that’s true! I wasn’t assigned to you, James was!” Jiyong said and she looked at him again and scoffed. Jiyong was looking at her deeply, and she could feel everything he was saying was true, but there was this part of her that didn’t believed him. Maybe it was the way she was held to the chair, how her body hurt and her swollen eye didn’t let her see properly.

“Don’t talk to me.” She said and in that moment, the tall guy pulled Jiyong to stand up, not forgetting to hit the back of his head as he did. Jiyong flinched but didn’t said anything, he was just looking at Chaerin with an apologetic face, as if trying to let her know his feelings with his eyes, but she just ignored him.

“I’m so sorry…” He said, but before he could say something else, one of the guys punched him hard on his stomach. The crude and agonizing sound of his grunt made her look at him, and her heart broke into a million pieces as she saw him, his bruised face, his makeup smeared, his eyes dark, his blond hair stained with blood, she felt sick, felt cruel, and his eyes, oh his brown eyes were boring into hers, and she could feel, deep within her, that he was honest, that he was who she had known. They dragged him out, and they kept looking at each other, longingly as they dragged him out and, as soon as he disappeared from her sight, one guy pulled her and also, dragged her out. On her way out, someone had punched her face, and she couldn’t quite tell who, only that it was strong enough to put her out cold.

Her whole body felt numb, sore, everything hurt, and every time she tried to move, it send an agonizing pain throughout her whole body, making her scream silently as she did. She opened her eyes, and again, she was in a dark room, confused, a strong headache almost blinding her. She looked around, unable to see clearly, her human eyes only noticing that she was in a different place, the bars around her told her she was in some sort of cell, but what caught her attention was the slight cough she heard on her side. Quickly, she looked to her right, but the place was too dark for her to tell, only the slight silhouette of someone lying on the floor told her she wasn’t alone.

She squinted her eyes and quickly regretted it, there was a piercing pain on her forehead and her hand quickly touched where it hurt. She felt her forehead sticky, and as she pulled her hand out, she smelled the scent of blood. She could only scoff at her miserably state, and as she did, she heard a familiar voice at her side calling her.

“Chaerin? Is that you?” She heard the man say, Jiyong. She smiled unconsciously and nodded, his voice sounded exhausted, and she could only imagine how miserably he must look. The great Kwon Jiyong, G-Dragon, being held prisoner, all bruised and bleeding, she could only imagine the shock it would give to the nation.

“Yes, it’s me.” She whispered, surprised at her own tired voice. She struggled to a sitting position and dragged her body close to the bars that she assumed were the ones separating them.

“Thanks God you’re alright.” He said, and she too heard him dragging himself towards her. She smiled and shook her head, somewhat a gesture of disbelief.

“Alright? You call this alright?” She said, her voice sounding more tired than sarcastic.

“Well, you’re still breathing, that’s good.” He said. Chaerin smiled weakly and nodded.

“For how long…” She said, it wasn’t a question, it wasn’t a statement, it was more like a thought, like a sarcastic and sadistic thought she had in her miserable mind.

“I don’t know…” She heard him whisper, and before she could say something else, she saw his hand going through the bars that separated them, and tensed as she felt it caress her cheek. “You need to know the truth Chaerin…” He said, now a bit louder. She shook her hand and grabbed his hand, pushing it away from her face.

“What would be the difference between this and the truth?” She said. “What’s the point?” her voice cracked, and for the first time, she felt the pain of being betrayed, of being lied and betrayed.

“That you would know I wasn’t aware of any of this. If not, why am I here with you?” He said, and for a moment, she felt as if everything had turn silent, as if his words, his voice, was the only thing she could hear.

“What?” She said in pure confusion.

“I was retired, I’m retired. They told me I could live a normal life, after my last job, I was a free man. I guess I was wrong. And I thought, oh God, I thought I could be normal again, I could find someone and live like a normal guy does.” He said, his voice cracking every now and then. The bright light of the moon entered the cells, and she could finally see his face, his eyes swelled and tears were glistening, as if diamonds were falling from his eyes. And still, as bruised and ruined as he was, she couldn’t stop thinking he was the most beautiful man she had seen in her whole life.

“We are never free.” She said, but he continued, as if she had not said a word.

“And I found you. I met you, completely believing you were a chaebol daughter, and I fell for you. Somewhere along the way of hating your façade, I loved you. I thought I could live my normal life with you, and I was really hoping it would happen…” He said then stopped, his voice cracking, his sobs growing louder. She felt tears running down her cheeks, and a lump was forming on . She grabbed his hand and squeezed it hard, then kissed it. He let his forehead hit the bars, and his face was now within her reach.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered, but he shook his head furiously, a few drops of blood falling from his hair, staining their intertwined hands.

“No, you shouldn’t be. It was your job, and then I found out, it was my job to end it. They tricked me Chaerin, they said I was free, then they made me kill the thing, the person I loved the most. When you disappeared, they filled me with everything, told me everything about James and you, and said that if you guys were together, it meant we were in danger. I was losing it, I couldn’t believe it, the person I loved the most, the one I truly gave myself to, was as ruined as I was, was the same type of monster I was. You have to believe me when I tell you I tried to hate you, to make myself strong enough to kill you, and I was committing myself to it, but then, you appeared, and I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I just couldn’t…” He said, still sobbing. She lowered her head, her own tears falling nonstop as she digested everything he had told her.

“James and I were never together Jiyong. He put his life in danger to save me. He didn’t know you were part of this, neither did I.” She said and Jiyong shook his head.

“Does it really matter now?” He said, his voice a mixture of pain and stress. She took a deep breath and nodded, her head sending her an excruciating pain through her body. I must be badly injured, she thought.

“It does…” She said, but she wasn’t sure why she said it. Did it really matter? They were both going to die, so does it really matters that she says it does when it probably would be the last thing going on his head?

“I believe you, and I know you weren’t plotting against me, I know they lied, and I know he was trying to save you…” He said. She smiled, and he caressed her face one more time. “I would’ve done the same. I love you, more than anything in this world, and I know he loves you too, enough to risk his own life to protect yours. One of the reasons I was going crazy was because he was doing what I couldn’t do. He was saving you, protecting you with his life, and I was jealous because I couldn’t do it, not at that time, living under the same roof as the people who wanted to kill you.” He said, his voice full of regrets, of pain, of jealousy and also some sort of admiration and gratefulness.

“What makes it different now?” She asked and he smiled, a wicked smile, some sort of a smirk a mischievous little boy would give you before do some sort of prank.

“They had betrayed me now, I have more than enough reasons to betray them.” He said, and as he finished his sentence, there was a loud sound outside the cells. The sound of an explosion, followed by gunshots and knife slashes. She instinctively stood up, so did Jiyong. She looked at him, and got lost in the trance of thinking about him fighting, of moving swiftly while slashing, shooting or punching people. She eyed him closely, his veins popped, his face narrow and his eyes fixed on the door that led to the exit, she supposed.

“I guess its show time.” He said as he looked at her while grabbing something between his hands. 

 


Gily's Notes: HELLO!

Happy Valentine's Days my dear readers!!

Wow! 90 readers, I'm so happy! But, 90 readers and no one leaves feedback? *points an accusing finger* don't be shy, don't be silent readers, I'm usually a cheerful person and really enjoy coments!!

Let's not make this a common college class were the student sits and the professor talks and talks and talks... let us share thoughts!

Like, I love you and I wish you a very happy V day full of chocolates, love and hugs!! NO KISSES!

LOL!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥